buzzards

lurchers

thing that pisses me off lads is the falconers spout on about keepers all holier than thou like yet there house isn't any where near in order what with taking eggs and chicks through to selling unregistered birds :thumbdown: :thumbdown: they need look a bit closer to home.

AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? It isn't the Falconers that are doing it! There isn't a market for 'stolen' wild birds. It is illegal to sell certain registrable birds without the correct paperwork. I have 'crossed swords' with both you and lab-tastic recently over a similar subject. And as I seem to recall everything went quiet when you were faced with the 'FACTS' regarding white tailed eagles being re-introduced after their demise in at the hands of Keepers and farmers, the last one being shot in 1918!

Yes hare coursing is just as illegal as the shooting of raptors but it still goes on. There is no denying it.

As far as the Falconry house being 'in order'? IT IS! If a falconer were to flout the law and be caught doing so then they would be ostrasised by the falconry community. The powers that be work tierlessly to improve standards of husbandry and practice. I would like to remind you that falconry is over 4,500yrs old and has change little in that period of time. How long has keepering/shooting been around?

Yes! Falconry practices and equipment have been refined but the princaples remain the same. The Falcon regards all men as equals, she owes them nothing. Kings and princes have knelt before her, She returns because she wishes to. If she chooses not to return, then there is nothing in their power that can make her do so. FACT!

why was this falconer banned from keeping birds then????he only ran like the worlds largest falconry forum :blink: :blink:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Fined-banned-keeping-birds-prey/story-11661859-detail/story.html

Is it not also the case that removing chicks and eggs was common practice and only the advent of dna testing stemmed the tide more than happy to furnish you with the link to the rspb white paper that was presented to the 2007 defra consultation where the rspb defended keeping the bird registration scheme to prevent the taking of wild birds in particular peregrine and gos.

you aimed the question about white tailed eagles at me I will answer having reveiwed the thread I did not enter into any discussion with you re wte I have no opinion on them they do not affect me and I doubt they will I do wonder about labs question though they where eradicated for a reason just because we have short memory's dose,nt mean we were wrong

If you read the article which you have so kindly provided it says Paul was convicted of selling a Gos without the correct paper work. It also says that there was no suggestion of cruelty or that the birds were wild taken! He was found guilty of selling the bird illegally and without the correct paperwork and being in posession of 3 unregistered birds! This does not mean that they were originally wild birds mearly captive bred but unregistered. The Registration scheme is still in place! and it works. I personally wouldn't touch a bird if it wasn't closed rung and with all the realevent paper work. As for the White tailed eagles being eradicated for a 'REASON' could that reason possibly be that Man could and usually does Fcuk up everything he touches? There are lots of creatures that have been wiped from the face of the earth by Man and for what? Because he can? or were those individuals 'protecting' their assets? I think not!!

Presumably though a man with his "standing" within the falconry community would have known that to keep the birds without the correct paper work is wrong and conviction would mean being banned from keeping birds for a period of time. I presume you will all ostracise him from the community as you alluded to in your previous post?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.th

Well mate.....i'm only 30 but been around pheasants since i could walk and i've only ever 'seen' a Buzzard take a poult once in my life. I have however seen buzzards loads of tiomes leave the pen when

WOW thanks for that insight habitat loss,modern farming and increased predation have obviously had no bearing on lapwing decline it's cause they look like magpies :blink:

thing that pisses me off lads is the falconers spout on about keepers all holier than thou like yet there house isn't any where near in order what with taking eggs and chicks through to selling unregistered birds :thumbdown: :thumbdown: they need look a bit closer to home.

AND WHERE IS YOUR PROOF? It isn't the Falconers that are doing it! There isn't a market for 'stolen' wild birds. It is illegal to sell certain registrable birds without the correct paperwork. I have 'crossed swords' with both you and lab-tastic recently over a similar subject. And as I seem to recall everything went quiet when you were faced with the 'FACTS' regarding white tailed eagles being re-introduced after their demise in at the hands of Keepers and farmers, the last one being shot in 1918!

Yes hare coursing is just as illegal as the shooting of raptors but it still goes on. There is no denying it.

As far as the Falconry house being 'in order'? IT IS! If a falconer were to flout the law and be caught doing so then they would be ostrasised by the falconry community. The powers that be work tierlessly to improve standards of husbandry and practice. I would like to remind you that falconry is over 4,500yrs old and has change little in that period of time. How long has keepering/shooting been around?

Yes! Falconry practices and equipment have been refined but the princaples remain the same. The Falcon regards all men as equals, she owes them nothing. Kings and princes have knelt before her, She returns because she wishes to. If she chooses not to return, then there is nothing in their power that can make her do so. FACT!

why was this falconer banned from keeping birds then????he only ran like the worlds largest falconry forum :blink: :blink:

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Fined-banned-keeping-birds-prey/story-11661859-detail/story.html

Is it not also the case that removing chicks and eggs was common practice and only the advent of dna testing stemmed the tide more than happy to furnish you with the link to the rspb white paper that was presented to the 2007 defra consultation where the rspb defended keeping the bird registration scheme to prevent the taking of wild birds in particular peregrine and gos.

you aimed the question about white tailed eagles at me I will answer having reveiwed the thread I did not enter into any discussion with you re wte I have no opinion on them they do not affect me and I doubt they will I do wonder about labs question though they where eradicated for a reason just because we have short memory's dose,nt mean we were wrong

well im sorry knobby i have never been a townie and never will.i think you and labtastic is riding each other as when there is a raw nerve hit both of you pop up together giving it large.now ive had and worked lurchers,terriers and ferrets for over 31yrs i flown bops for 15yrs so go and twist onto somebody else about the hare coursing as that has only been band a couple of yrs but shooting bops always has been illegal.everybody is entitled to there opion as you are with yours but its like everything else it is 1 of them that doesnt like been talked about and as i said ive always liked my wildlife but im far from a rspb member or rspca member.dont try to judge somebody you dont know and probly never will unless i poach where you go then i might show you a trick or two but if you seen my record im far from prim and propper.atb to yous and enjoy the debate.

And who the f**k are you like...... :icon_eek: I 'pop' up when i read bullshit and have my say. If your such the expert and got all the 'tricks' maybe your the mastermind to tell me how too protect poults legally against BOP's?......... :hmm:

well im sorry knobby i have never been a townie and never will.i think you and labtastic is riding each other as when there is a raw nerve hit both of you pop up together giving it large.now ive had and worked lurchers,terriers and ferrets for over 31yrs i flown bops for 15yrs so go and twist onto somebody else about the hare coursing as that has only been band a couple of yrs but shooting bops always has been illegal.everybody is entitled to there opion as you are with yours but its like everything else it is 1 of them that doesnt like been talked about and as i said ive always liked my wildlife but im far from a rspb member or rspca member.dont try to judge somebody you dont know and probly never will unless i poach where you go then i might show you a trick or two but if you seen my record im far from prim and propper.atb to yous and enjoy the debate.

And who the f**k are you like...... :icon_eek: I 'pop' up when i read bullshit and have my say. If your such the expert and got all the 'tricks' maybe your the mastermind to tell me how too protect poults legally against BOP's?......... :hmm:

Makes me laugh mate when you get the I've had a dog for 30 years so must be a countryman well I've had a car and driven for over 20 years but I aint no mechanic :thumbs:

Makes me laugh mate when you get the I've had a dog for 30 years so must be a countryman well I've had a car and driven for over 20 years but I aint no mechanic :thumbs:

:laugh: .........still waiting for my question to be answered, thought i might have got it answered on here....... :hmm:

If you read the article which you have so kindly provided it says Paul was convicted of selling a Gos without the correct paper work. It also says that there was no suggestion of cruelty or that the birds were wild taken! He was found guilty of selling the bird illegally and without the correct paperwork and being in posession of 3 unregistered birds! This does not mean that they were originally wild birds mearly captive bred but unregistered. The Registration scheme is still in place! and it works. I personally wouldn't touch a bird if it wasn't closed rung and with all the realevent paper work. As for the White tailed eagles being eradicated for a 'REASON' could that reason possibly be that Man could and usually does Fcuk up everything he touches? There are lots of creatures that have been wiped from the face of the earth by Man and for what? Because he can? or were those individuals 'protecting' their assets? I think not!!

So your saying that the eagles were eradicated by Keepers because they can and it wasn't cause they were causing damage then....? :hmm: I thought i remember you saying that you were often out working with a keeper so surely you know they dont have the time to run about the countryside shooting BOP's for no reason other than 'cause they can'?..... :hmm:

"CAUSING DAMAGE"? They are only causing damage because 'MAN' says they are! In reality they are doing what they need to survive! YES! I do know that keepers are very busy people but this sort of thing still happens on a regualar basis. The Eagles were eradicated by ignorant individuals who deemed them as a 'THREAT'! Why don't you try thinking outside the box for once and looking at things in a different light, instead of being blinkered? It isn't our right to exterminate other life forms just because we can or they are deemed to be a threat to mans intrests! Think about it!!

Presumably though a man with his "standing" within the falconry community would have known that to keep the birds without the correct paper work is wrong and conviction would mean being banned from keeping birds for a period of time. I presume you will all ostracise him from the community as you alluded to in your previous post?

I can't speak for "all of us"! I don't know what "standing" he had in the community? Just because he owns a website doesn't mean that he is a renowned falconer? I don't know him! Just like I don't know you! I personally wouldn't have done what he did. He was wrong,got caught and is paying the price! The same goes for anyone convicted of killing a raptor using the excuse of "protecting poults"? But I am sure you will disagree on that? ;)

So your saying that the eagles were eradicated by Keepers because they can and it wasn't cause they were causing damage then....? :hmm: I thought i remember you saying that you were often out working with a keeper so surely you know they dont have the time to run about the countryside shooting BOP's for no reason other than 'cause they can'?..... :hmm:

"CAUSING DAMAGE"? They are only causing damage because 'MAN' says they are! In reality they are doing what they need to survive! YES! I do know that keepers are very busy people but this sort of thing still happens on a regualar basis. The Eagles were eradicated by ignorant individuals who deemed them as a 'THREAT'! Why don't you try thinking outside the box for once and looking at things in a different light, instead of being blinkered? It isn't our right to exterminate other life forms just because we can or they are deemed to be a threat to mans intrests! Think about it!!

Well i'm afraid its folk like you that are causing illegal BOP killing cause yous are the 'blinkered' ones, believe me my eyes are wide open.......... :icon_eek: If you cant see that culling birds in a certain period of time and on estates especially where they are desimating game birds could be benificial to BOP's in the long run then your blind.

Back to your eagles again and 'Man' say there causing damage becasue they f*****g are.......taking anything it could catch and costing people lots of money......money makes the f*****g world go round and if a couple of hook beaks have to lose out to that fact then so be it. And now you have these folk trying to re-introduce birds....for what reason?? So they can look in the sky and say is'nt that a beautiful site then leave go home and put there feet up while the f*****g thing takes anything from game birds to lambs, family pets.....basically anything it can lift and eat..... :wallbash:

Al tell you what get every c**t that said they want them back to donate money to a farming/ shooting estate charity and that money can go to helping replenish the stock that they have taken that year...........you going to put your hand in your pocket then and take the hit to see these 'wonderful birds' are you.....are you f**k but your quite happy for farmers/keepers/ landowners to take the hit........get my f*****g back up so yous do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

I can't speak for "all of us"! I don't know what "standing" he had in the community? Just because he owns a website doesn't mean that he is a renowned falconer? I don't know him! Just like I don't know you! I personally wouldn't have done what he did. He was wrong,got caught and is paying the price! The same goes for anyone convicted of killing a raptor using the excuse of "protecting poults"? But I am sure you will disagree on that? ;)

How wrong you are if a keeper gets caught then so be it whilst I can sympathise and understand I will not condone what he has done it is illegal to kill bop that we all know but as I said in the last thread some reason and compromise has to be met where a keeper can protect his birds (maybe even live trap and relocate rather than kill)without fear of prosecution but within defined guidelines for example a licence system and should the penalties be harsher for anyone falling outside the licencing system then so be it.

Well i'm afraid its folk like you that are causing illegal BOP killing cause yous are the 'blinkered' ones, believe me my eyes are wide open.......... :icon_eek: If you cant see that culling birds in a certain period of time and on estates especially where they are desimating game birds could be benificial to BOP's in the long run then your blind.

Back to your eagles again and 'Man' say there causing damage becasue they f*****g are.......taking anything it could catch and costing people lots of money......money makes the f*****g world go round and if a couple of hook beaks have to lose out to that fact then so be it. And now you have these folk trying to re-introduce birds....for what reason?? So they can look in the sky and say is'nt that a beautiful site then leave go home and put there feet up while the f*****g thing takes anything from game birds to lambs, family pets.....basically anything it can lift and eat..... :wallbash:

Al tell you what get every c**t that said they want them back to donate money to a farming/ shooting estate charity and that money can go to helping replenish the stock that they have taken that year...........you going to put your hand in your pocket then and take the hit to see these 'wonderful birds' are you.....are you f**k but your quite happy for farmers/keepers/ landowners to take the hit........get my f*****g back up so yous do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :censored:

Looks like I've hit a nerve! :hmm: "If you cant see that culling birds in a certain period of time and on estates especially where they are desimating game birds" & "Back to your eagles again and 'Man' say there causing damage becasue they f*****g are.......taking anything it could catch and costing people lots of money......money makes the f*****g world go round and if a couple of hook beaks have to lose out to that fact then so be it". And you say I'm the blinkered one? :D Again I draw your attention to the fact that you say these birds are a problem and are costing people money. Who caused the problem in the first place? Some how I don't think it was the birds! Just for the record, The world has been going round (spinning) since it was created! It has nothing to do with money. :thumbs:

How wrong you are if a keeper gets caught then so be it whilst I can sympathise and understand I will not condone what he has done it is illegal to kill bop that we all know but as I said in the last thread some reason and compromise has to be met where a keeper can protect his birds (maybe even live trap and relocate rather than kill)without fear of prosecution but within defined guidelines for example a licence system and should the penalties be harsher for anyone falling outside the licencing system then so be it.

How wrong you are if a keeper gets caught then so be it whilst I can sympathise and understand I will not condone what he has done it is illegal to kill bop that we all know At last we agree on something.

Edited by EskdaleHawks

Looks like I've hit a nerve! :hmm: "If you cant see that culling birds in a certain period of time and on estates especially where they are desimating game birds" & "Back to your eagles again and 'Man' say there causing damage becasue they f*****g are.......taking anything it could catch and costing people lots of money......money makes the f*****g world go round and if a couple of hook beaks have to lose out to that fact then so be it". And you say I'm the blinkered one? :D Again I draw your attention to the fact that you say these birds are a problem and are costing people money. Who caused the problem in the first place? Some how I don't think it was the birds! Just for the record, The world has been going round (spinning) since it was created! It has nothing to do with money. :thumbs:

At the risk of getting involved in this argument, do you agree with pest control at all? Or is it just the control of pests on game shoots you have a problem with. From where im standing, if a species population grows to a size where the damage it is causing becomes too much of a financial burden then it is a pest and culling becomes an option. Foxes, stoats, mink, magpies, crows are all pests on game shoots and farms depending on what the farm produces. My point of view is the only question to ask is "is the buzzard population locally at a level where they are in pest numbers?" if so surely as with other legitimate/legal pest species then a legal cull of some sort is just as ethical as culling foxes/rabbits/crows etc?

So back to my original question, and I mean it with no malice, do you agree with pest control?

I understand falconers/hawkers etc empathise with the hawk in a somewhat similar way that coursing men empathise with the hare, its a respect. In your case to a fellow hunter, in the coursingmans case to a respected quarry. The killing of either tend to have an emotional effect on the respective partys, me included, but I tend to try to rationalise and think of things logically, whether I like it or not. :thumbs:

How wrong you are if a keeper gets caught then so be it whilst I can sympathise and understand I will not condone what he has done it is illegal to kill bop that we all know At last we agree on something.

you accuse people of being blinkered but when compromise is mentioned you have no answer???

Yip you hit a nerve alright.....glad that pleased you somehow....... :icon_eek: Bottom line is the world is moving on and seems like your stuck in the past. If you cant see that some of these BOP's need controlling then the conversation ends here for me cause we are just doing this.... :wallbash:

At the risk of getting involved in this argument, do you agree with pest control at all? Or is it just the control of pests on game shoots you have a problem with. From where im standing, if a species population grows to a size where the damage it is causing becomes too much of a financial burden then it is a pest and culling becomes an option. Foxes, stoats, mink, magpies, crows are all pests on game shoots and farms depending on what the farm produces. My point of view is the only question to ask is "is the buzzard population locally at a level where they are in pest numbers?" if so surely as with other legitimate/legal pest species then a legal cull of some sort is just as ethical as culling foxes/rabbits/crows etc?

So back to my original question, and I mean it with no malice, do you agree with pest control?

I understand falconers/hawkers etc empathise with the hawk in a somewhat similar way that coursing men empathise with the hare, its a respect. In your case to a fellow hunter, in the coursingmans case to a respected quarry. The killing of either tend to have an emotional effect on the respective partys, me included, but I tend to try to rationalise and think of things logically, whether I like it or not. :thumbs:

Hope you get an answer to that cause i've asked it enough with no reply....i'd imagine you'll get a round about way of saying "But they were here first!!"....... :cry:

Yes I do agree with legal pest control. But with this thread as was the same in the last one, Keepers never shoots raptors, do they? What is a load of bull! I have already stated in the last thread, I shoot, fish, ferret, fly hawks and work dogs. I know and understand what goes on but that doesn't mean to say that I am comfortable with it.....

Lab-tastic, take a look at these quotes both by you!

1) "I'm afraid the shooting world is a multi-million pound industry and supplies thousands of jobs up and done the counrty so if a few BOP's have to take a knock along the way then it should be legal too do so.....imo!!!!!!"

2) "costing people lots of money......money makes the f*****g world go round and if a couple of hook beaks have to lose out to that fact then so be it."

Who is the narrow minded one? This is why you haven't got an answer! And YES! They were here first. :thumbs: