buzzards

lurchers

i see theres a nother wite up in the countrymans about a nest of buzzards been shot.but the lads off sindicates and keepers no this never happens.as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.th

Well mate.....i'm only 30 but been around pheasants since i could walk and i've only ever 'seen' a Buzzard take a poult once in my life. I have however seen buzzards loads of tiomes leave the pen when

WOW thanks for that insight habitat loss,modern farming and increased predation have obviously had no bearing on lapwing decline it's cause they look like magpies :blink:

i see theres a nother wite up in the countrymans about a nest of buzzards been shot.but the lads off sindicates and keepers no this never happens.as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

Yes but the buzzards are a pest now i watched 4 pairs of lapwings lay eggs last year and the chicks hatched within a week there were 9 buzzards all walking around the field looking for the chicks not one survived they need controlling

Mark

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

now go and think about your post :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by danw
  • Like 3

Mark@mmb it's not buzzards bringing down numbers of lapwings, it's irresponsible firearm owners not knowing enough feildcraft to know the difference between a lapwing and a mag pie! I no problem with gun owners, just those who are trigger happy to anything that moves regardless of wat it is!

Mark@mmb it's not buzzards bringing down numbers of lapwings, it's irresponsible firearm owners not knowing enough feildcraft to know the difference between a lapwing and a mag pie! I no problem with gun owners, just those who are trigger happy to anything that moves regardless of wat it is!

WOW thanks for that insight habitat loss,modern farming and increased predation have obviously had no bearing on lapwing decline it's cause they look like magpies :blink: :blink: :blink:

• Like 1

WOW thanks for that insight habitat loss,modern farming and increased predation have obviously had no bearing on lapwing decline it's cause they look like magpies :blink: :blink: :blink:

Danw, sorry I should maybe state that yes everything u mentioned is more of a factor just pissed off cause that's the excuse I heard from a guy last week after seein him empty two barrels at lapwings! Good job my mother could've shot better!

Aye thats fair to be pissed off with a tosspot who would shoot at lapwings if he don't know the difference then he don't need the gun :thumbs:

Maybe there were causing a nuisance. Not peoples fault that they cant control these birds and have to take the law into there own hands. They should be more careful in the future... :yes:

I saw on the telly the other day a load of lurcher boys get done for coursing hares but the lurcher lads know this never happens as if people are fcuking stupid,they shouldnt be doing it regardless.they wouldnt like it if there dogs were shot.

thats 1 thing i dont have to think about.i fly birds of prey,i have lurchers,terriers,ferrets my fac and sgc and i even going beating in the winter to,as for the lads getting caught hare coursing its there own stupit fault but shooting raptors is and has always been illegal but most of the trigger happy idiots want to learn what to shoot and what is illegal to shoot but its like everything else with most keepers it doesnt happen on there estate.what a load of bull and when i have been out with the dogs and guns ive had them asking me to get rid of them to which will never happen,as i like my wildlife just as much as the next person but in the keepers eyes its ££££££££££££ that they are loosing.so why shoud i think of my thread.

thats 1 thing i dont have to think about.i fly birds of prey,i have lurchers,terriers,ferrets my fac and sgc and i even going beating in the winter to,as for the lads getting caught hare coursing its there own stupit fault but shooting raptors is and has always been illegal but most of the trigger happy idiots want to learn what to shoot and what is illegal to shoot but its like everything else with most keepers it doesnt happen on there estate.what a load of bull and when i have been out with the dogs and guns ive had them asking me to get rid of them to which will never happen,as i like my wildlife just as much as the next person but in the keepers eyes its ££££££££££££ that they are loosing.so why shoud i think of my thread.

so if illegal hare coursing is ok and shooting bop isn't then you are a f*****g hypocrite same old bullshit from the birders :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Edited by danw