. 22 air rifle

• 1 month later...

you can legaly own a fx monsoon semi auto 22 air rifle under 12ft/lbs

If you are 18 years or older there are no restrictions on buying an air rifle and ammunition, and you can use it wherever you have permission to shoot.

Under 14 years

You can

use an air rifle under supervision on private premises with permission from the occupier - normally the owner or tenant. The person who supervises you must be at least 21 years old.

You cannot

buy, hire or receive an air rifle or its ammunition as a gift, or shoot, without adult supervision.

Parents or guardians who buy an air rifle for use by someone under 14 must exercise control over it at all times, even in the home or garden.

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, regardless of the legal situation regarding these guns I'm not wildly impressed with the accuracy I've seen from these FX MONSOON auto air rifles so far.

End of the day it's about how accurately and consistently well you can hit your target at a range you can reasonably handle. Not how many rounds you can spray off at

If you need more than one shot to kill a rabbit or any live quarry, straight out, you should not be anywhere near hunting for them with any air rifle.

It makes an impressive tin can plinker. But not much else.

No thank you.

Simon