.17 hmr for fox

My bro

Shoots foxes with 17 HMR at about 80 yard max. Head shots. They don't move a muscle. Anything more than 120 yards Than that it be more luck than judgement

Exactly and the last thing we need to be putting out is that we are a bunch of uncaring individuals who lack knowledge on what tool for what job!

I used a 17 hmr for almost two year and must of shot over twenty foxes with it , max was 150 yards , it rolled em all over, but rabbits got scarce here so I turned to a deer rifle , but for a guy/girl that shot alot of rabbits and wanted to shoot the odd fox , I'd recommend nothing but the 17 hmr , I miss mine,,,,

I have my HMR conditioned for fox also, I'd shoot charlie if I had a stable rest out to 80 yards or so, but head shots only, out to 30 or 40 yards I have chest shot them and they've gone down like a sack of poop. But! With the HMR only shoot if you're 100% confident, as it's such a tiny bullet and is easily blown off course by the wind and if you mess up your aim you're only likley to wound and not kill. the 3 or 4 foxes I have shot with the HMR have all been with the ballistic tips, I have heard that the game points are pretty rubbish, being quite inaccurate, again owing to their small mass, only a slight deformation to the bullet would easily cause it to veer off course.