My first Russell

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of quality russells out there but they do real graft not messing for rabbits and rats

chill out nog not so long ago you were starting out and asking advice we all had to start some where..

FAIR PLAY CLARE IN YOUR COMMENT, BUT I NEVER MENTIONED KILL OR GRAB HOLD OF THERE FOX, I SAID EARTH WORK, YES THE RUSSELL WAS USED TO FLUSH ITS QUARRY FOR THE HOUNDS, IME NOT HAVING A GO BECOUSE YOUR

yes the parson bred them to flush foxes not to grab on and kill and I never said that Jack russles were only bred for ratting I said mine come from a line of ratting dogs

I think people on here need to realise that just because you don't let your dog go to earth doesn't mean they are any less of a dog! Its rude to say people are "messing around" because of it ...anyway had enough having to explain myself why I only do ratting/rabbiting with mine mainly so I'm off to have some ciders and enjoy the sunshine

FAIR PLAY CLARE IN YOUR COMMENT, BUT I NEVER MENTIONED KILL OR GRAB HOLD OF THERE FOX, I SAID EARTH WORK, YES THE RUSSELL WAS USED TO FLUSH ITS QUARRY FOR THE HOUNDS, IME NOT HAVING A GO BECOUSE YOUR WOMAN I RESEPCT AND ADMIRE YOUR COMMENT BECOUSE, UNLIKE MOST ON THIS SITE YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ENJOY YOUR TERRIER WORK, BE IT RATS RABBITS, I WISH YOU GOOD LOOK IN YOUR CONTROLE OF PESTS, YIS ALLI :thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1

yes the parson bred them to flush foxes not to grab on and kill and I never said that Jack russles were only bred for ratting I said mine come from a line of ratting dogs

I think people on here need to realise that just because you don't let your dog go to earth doesn't mean they are any less of a dog! Its rude to say people are "messing around" because of it ...anyway had enough having to explain myself why I only do ratting/rabbiting with mine mainly so I'm off to have some ciders and enjoy the sunshine

FAIR PLAY CLARE IN YOUR COMMENT, BUT I NEVER MENTIONED KILL OR GRAB HOLD OF THERE FOX, I SAID EARTH WORK, YES THE RUSSELL WAS USED TO FLUSH ITS QUARRY FOR THE HOUNDS, IME NOT HAVING A GO BECOUSE YOUR WOMAN I RESEPCT AND ADMIRE YOUR COMMENT BECOUSE, UNLIKE MOST ON THIS SITE YOU SOUND LIKE YOU ENJOY YOUR TERRIER WORK, BE IT RATS RABBITS, I WISH YOU GOOD LOOK IN YOUR CONTROLE OF PESTS, YIS ALLI :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks I do enjoy my terrier work, Just annoys me that some guys think just because your not putting your dogs to earth that your dogs are rubbish, Thanks just got some permission on a second farm so will be going to check out in next few days

and Nog never heard of them dogs, Mine are just from a local farm, hes bred them for generations

Thanks I do enjoy my terrier work, Just annoys me that some guys think just because your not putting your dogs to earth that your dogs are rubbish, Thanks just got some permission on a second farm so will be going to check out in next few days

and Nog never heard of them dogs, Mine are just from a local farm, hes bred them for generations

I think the problems started when you were saying something about "quality Russell's". To a lot of people that are into their terriers, a proper Russell is one that gets dug too, and does it's job properly. Not just something that enjoys a days ratting.

Still that's fair enough what you said, you've bought a dog for ratting and that's what you're doing with it. So long as the dog is doing what you need it to then that's all that matters.

Edited by Attack Fell Terrier
  • Like 1

good respectful post you sound like agood bloke

this thread is full of some crap, there are plenty of good russells out there. the main problem in not being able to find good one is because people do breed of untested crap examples and end up with crap.

you may enjoy working your dogs but despite your protest whiles you are doing what your doing and breeding off untested dogs your adding to your own problem.

this thread is full of some crap, there are plenty of good russells out there. the main problem in not being able to find good one is because people do breed of untested crap examples and end up with crap.

you may enjoy working your dogs but despite your protest whiles you are doing what your doing and breeding off untested dogs your adding to your own problem.

but for me the test is that they look like russels and will rat and rabbit..and trust me when I say I have been and seen dogs that wont even do that!, and yes I bred the bitch but I have kept one and the second has gone to a friend that wants it for rats on her farm..IF I breed her again I will also be keeping two more and they will be sold as ratting dogs, I wont try and sell my dogs for something I haven't done, if someone wants a earth dog, get them from parents who do, if you want one for ratting get one from me simples!

and as for my comment about quality that was going for there looks not working, I cant tell what a dog will work like by looks! My comment was aimed that I have been to see some dogs that are advertised as "jack russles" that look nothing like a jack russle I grew up with on the farms.

God I thought this section was for Earth dogs AND working Terriers my mistake!

but for me the test is that they look like russels and will rat and rabbit..and trust me when I say I have been and seen dogs that wont even do that!, and yes I bred the bitch but I have kept one and the second has gone to a friend that wants it for rats on her farm..IF I breed her again I will also be keeping two more and they will be sold as ratting dogs, I wont try and sell my dogs for something I haven't done, if someone wants a earth dog, get them from parents who do, if you want one for ratting get one from me simples!

and as for my comment about quality that was going for there looks not working, I cant tell what a dog will work like by looks! My comment was aimed that I have been to see some dogs that are advertised as "jack russles" that look nothing like a jack russle I grew up with on the farms.

Don't get upset, People have different opinions of what "Quality" is. If you're going to throw a strop when people have different opinions then maybe a forum like this isn't for you?

It's only opinions on a forum darlin' :thumbs: .

Don't get upset, People have different opinions of what "Quality" is. If you're going to throw a strop when people have different opinions then maybe a forum like this isn't for you?

You think that was throwing a strop HHAAA HAAAA My god ..

I bet you'd be a nightmare to be married too.

Dont know about that , be great to be with a woman that was keen to see dogs work and be hands on ! Good luck workin your dog's clare !

:laugh: Not a strop? I could sense the pursed lips and tapping foot from here when she typed:

:laugh:

Claire, I'm sure you're happy with your dogs, don't listen to the grumpy old feckers on here.. :whistling: They say that dogs grow to be like their owners, but in fact it also happens the other way around, hence the terrier section is full of yappy blokes with short tempers and high prey drive.. :D

I hunt rabbits and rats with my terrier, nothing wrong with that. The difference is that I wouldn't call her a true working terrier, I'd call her a sporting terrier.. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...