Craigyboy, gutted you lost your hen buddy, hope you find her stamp in those chicks.

All the best with the young but they look like there in the finest hands to see em right.

Keep us updated on these mate and look forward to seeing more of ya pics. :notworthy: .

ATB Dougie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers jasper :thumbs: hope ya gos is alright,its funny,i started wi bops first,i started off with a male harris and by the time id finished i was flying a pair of redtails a female spar and a kessie for the kids,i did breed mi redtails once they reared 2 chicks,but i was fed up of attempted break ins so i got shut :wallbash: but every cloud as a silver lining,and i started up wi british,my uncle had been breeding british for 40 yr so i knew about em and he set me up wi my first birds :notworthy: god rest his soul,and the rest is history,i do miss the bops tho mate,i never got to have a gos,i was planning on it somewhere down the line but i didnt think i was ready at the time :wallbash::thumbs: and cheers bulldoug,these chicks mean a bit more to me than my others so they will be well looked after :thumbs: il keep you up to date as they grow,theyre nearly feathered up now :thumbs:

You should name them 'The 3 Amigo's'

I know you are well up for hand rearing them :thumbs: Hope you dont mind me suggesting you dust the live food with calcium powder before feeding it as in my experience I have found it can bring them on really quickly.

You should name them 'The 3 Amigo's'

I know you are well up for hand rearing them :thumbs: Hope you dont mind me suggesting you dust the live food with calcium powder before feeding it as in my experience I have found it can bring them on really quickly.

i was thinking curly larry and mo :thumbs: i dont mind a jot and thanks for the tip mate il do that,im relatively new to this fine hobby(bout 6yrs) and im always up for new ideas and advice,especially from people in the know,like yourself,i gather your more than clued up from reading your posts :thumbs: either that or you're a good blagger :whistling::thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

Any update on curly larry and mo?

you asked for the 3 stooges mate,here they are :thumbs:

chicks005.jpg

chicks006.jpg

chicks007.jpg

theyve been ont sticks since tuesday and they are just starting to eat the soaked seed and picking at the persicara and dock ive put in :thumbs: so today i give my spare aviary a good cleaning,plus any repairs and a new coat of paint,il get some perches and conifers tomorrow while im moochin and they should be in it by sunday :thumbs: im hoping for a good year with my goldies,ive got 2 hens sitting on 5 eggs each,2 hens just started laying the 1st one and 3 hens still thinking about it :thumbs:

Edited by craigyboy

chicks005.jpg

chicks006.jpg

chicks007.jpg

theyve been ont sticks since tuesday and they are just starting to eat the soaked seed and picking at the persicara and dock ive put in :thumbs: so today i give my spare aviary a good cleaning,plus any repairs and a new coat of paint,il get some perches and conifers tomorrow while im moochin and they should be in it by sunday :thumbs: im hoping for a good year with my goldies,ive got 2 hens sitting on 5 eggs each,2 hens just started laying the 1st one and 3 hens still thinking about it :thumbs:

A laboiur of love for sure, hats off to ya Craigyboy a real credit to ya.

chicks005.jpg

chicks006.jpg

chicks007.jpg

:thumbs:

Those photo's are proof you are a dedicated birdman, its not easy to achieve this and I take my hat off to your husbandry.

:notworthy: :notworthy: They love the redshank which has a soft husk pates can crack easily.

Well done Craigy.

Its one and the same persicaria Maculosa, we call it redshank on this side of the pond.

I've been watching a pair of goldies feeding on sunflower hearts which I hung out for them, they are rearing a brood who all visit everyday and they are devouring the sunflower hearts so that may be another food you could offer your pates...

Its one and the same persicaria Maculosa, we call it redshank on this side of the pond.

I've been watching a pair of goldies feeding on sunflower hearts which I hung out for them, they are rearing a brood who all visit everyday and they are devouring the sunflower hearts so that may be another food you could offer your pates...

i thought so mate,ive put a bit of persicara,dock and some big dandelions in i found today,theyre pecking at it all but as soon as i walk in the room they start begging and making a racket :thumbs: