Best Binoculars - Quality Vs Price?

Well it depends what you are doin/lookin at/firin at, but I use these :thumbs:

Binos

I have read about these image stabilising binos, how do you find them? They are a fair price, are you paying for the glass, name or stabilization do you think?

When I started stalking I did a bit of reading and bought some Opticron 8x42s. Was very happy with the quality, image and the price. Sadly a few years later, like so many on here, I looked through a mates set of Leica's. It was all downhill after that....

Binos

I have read about these image stabilising binos, how do you find them? They are a fair price, are you paying for the glass, name or stabilization do you think?

I do not find that I can hold anything with a magnification greater than 8x steady enough so that is the limit for normal binoculars.

Finally I shelled out what felt like a huge amount of money for Image Stabilised Canon 12 x 36 binoculars and they are fantastic. Bright, sharp from edge to edge, wonderful. With a magnification of 12x I cannot really hold them still enough but just press the button and the image stabiliser kicks in and eliminates all the shake so you view a rock steady image.

You really must try a pair before deciding. They are available for around £500 to £600.

i always think you should try before you buy. if you wanna spend you're money, the shop should let you have a little go of them before you do.

always ask around your friends and get recommendations. if you go too cheap, you always end up thinking, if you spent another £50 you could of got the ones you really wanted, and you grow to dislike what you did buy. keep you eyes out for sales and bargains, you can get a chunk off if you do decide to spend big. the simple fact is, the lower you spend, the quality get lower too.

Binos

I do not find that I can hold anything with a magnification greater than 8x steady enough so that is the limit for normal binoculars.

Finally I shelled out what felt like a huge amount of money for Image Stabilised Canon 12 x 36 binoculars and they are fantastic. Bright, sharp from edge to edge, wonderful. With a magnification of 12x I cannot really hold them still enough but just press the button and the image stabiliser kicks in and eliminates all the shake so you view a rock steady image.

You really must try a pair before deciding. They are available for around £500 to £600.

sorry for the late reply...............image stabilsed are a great tool, especially for someone like me who's aim is not too steady!!! The ones I use are quite heavy to hold for any period of time but there's alwaye fence posts etc...............I paid £500 for mine and worth every penny :thumbs:

What binoculars would you recommend thinking about the quality of optics vs the price you pay? I'm wondering if you can get quality without the dent in your wallet? Anyone got any recommendations from experience, or have seen any decent sets for sale?

Tom

These were not a make I'd heard of but took a chance and for the money the clarity is excellent. !0yr guarantee. Difficult to find Bak4 prisms at this price (which is heavily discounted compared with other suppliers)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190524396999&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123#ht_2319wt_1139