Sign in to follow this  
taurasmark

Best Lightweight, Affordable, Accurate, PCP Air Rifle?

Hi pep's, the Lurchers are in semi retirement due to the crops in the field so I thought I'd purchase an air rifle. I bought a Hatson mod 60 (It weighs a tonne!) as the gun shop recommend this to me as a starter gun. I'm getting more into things now and I though 'hopefully' someone on here could recommend a lightweight, affordable, accurate, PCP air rifle to upgrade to? .22 would be best.

Thanks in advance :)

Was just about to recomend the best, but the other 2 jumped in 1st

Air Arms S200 or as Ron mentiones BSA Ultra :boogie:

Tony

I think your best bet would be either an Air Arms S200, as Buster already said, or a BSA Ultra.

Thanks for the advice so far :)

The BSA Ultra Multi looks rather tempting... what is the correct term for the cylinder that holds the gas? Is it possible to upgrade these to a bigger one so I don't have to keep running to the gun shop to get it recharged?

Air cylinder you get a hell of a lot of shots per fill in .22

like the above thumbs.gif

but it depends what you class as affordable really, some people have different budgets so it might change a tad thumbs.gif

i hope you get the right gun pal thumbs.gif

but it depends what you class as affordable really, some people have different budgets so it might change a tad thumbs.gif

I've declared war on the local rabbit population!

I've declared war on the local rabbit population!

like the above,

atb and i hope all goes well mate thumbs.gif

Sorry for the novice questions but is the BSA Ultra Tactical stock the lightest stock available? Is it some form of carbon fibre?

I love this forum! :notworthy:

Hi matey the tactical stock is made of some sort of composit plastic and IMHO is very light. Hope this helps.

ATB

Adam

if its bunnys your bashing then listen to the lads and get yourself the aas200 in 22 very light and accurate piece of kit.

Cant go wrong with an S200 mate! I would deffinately go with the S200 over the Ultra, as the Ultra doesnt have many shots per fill.

Plus with the S200 you can also add a multi-shot conversion at a later date if you find it neccesary.

Kind Regards,

Mikey.

Get a BSA ultra and when you can afford it have a JB or have xtx air put a reg in it.Makes a good gun into a fantastic one. Have a look on BSA owners air gun site