Training whippet greyhound to jump

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She could injure herself but then again she might not. Life's full of 'ifs' or 'buts' Just do it!

Well if you want to discuss you sexual perversions on an open forum, I guess that's up to you.   I can't vouch for the lazy but you got the other bit right.

i lost a few meself baw that long grass in the summers barsteward...lol

At the end of the day we are all in the same boat, you can only teach them the basics like jumping, they need to learn most things for themselves usually through experience. All good dogs have one thing in common, they are out doing what they do regular. Training isn't rocket science, it sinks in through repetitively doing the same things, hopefully theright things regularly. Once you slip that dog, it's down to him what choices he makes. I've lost 3 dogs in the field, it's a sad fact of a running dogs life, he WILL get injured and lessons will be learned from it. Good luck pal.

At the end of the day we are all in the same boat, you can only teach them the basics like jumping, they need to learn most things for themselves usually through experience. All good dogs have one thing in common, they are out doing what they do regular. Training isn't rocket science, it sinks in through repetitively doing the same things, hopefully theright things regularly. Once you slip that dog, it's down to him what choices he makes. I've lost 3 dogs in the field, it's a sad fact of a running dogs life, he WILL get injured and lessons will be learned from it. Good luck pal.

• Like 1

are you at the wind up again uncle :whistling::notworthy:

:laugh: Where the f**k you been hiding? Place is like a f*****g morgue. There is only so many times you can rip the push out of baldrick before it becomes bullying :tongue2:

the dogs never got lost, theyve probably got fed up listening to the shite that comes out that bullshitting mouth. :fool:

the dogs never got lost, theyve probably got fed up listening to the shite that comes out that bullshitting mouth. :fool:

The dogs died ya fanny. Your gonna need to try harder than that.

The dogs died ya fanny. Your gonna need to try harder than that.

listen mate im only saying,you do spout some amount of pish.im not being funny just honest. :good:

And I'm only being honest when I think your a fanny. Happy days then eh.

your patter is pish aswell :thumbdown: your taking it the wrong way mate ,try to look at it that there might be a bigger bullshitter out there than you.doubtfull but you never know.youre dogs that havent fkd off are shite aswell i fkn bet they are.

your patter is pish aswell :thumbdown: your taking it the wrong way mate ,try to look at it that there might be a bigger bullshitter out there than you.doubtfull but you never know.youre dogs that havent fkd off are shite aswell i fkn bet they are.

And your patter is......

I don't think you can "teach" a dog to jump; you can help it along and build it's confidence up, but some dogs are natural jumpers, some are not. The two I have just now; one will go out of it's way to jump, but the other will only jump when it's neccessary, prefering to go under, thru' or around, if it can. My 29" Deer X bitch "jumps for fun" and frightens the life out of me when she takes barbed wire at full speed, but I like to see a dog jumping when in pursuit.

Cheers.

And your patter is......

i fkn knew they were shite you are all fkn mouth .whos the fanny . :stinker: