DSC1 Course - Edinburgh Area (Bonnyrigg-Midlothian)

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I`d like to come along and do the food hygiene module,, can you pm me details of who to contact about this course bud!

ATB

Why do you only want to do the Food hygiene module?

Surely if you did the full course you then would have the full ticket.

If you only need food hygiene certificate you can do the Lantra Course held at most training est you could also do both Large and small game which is the sectional req now on pheasants shoots.

B.A.S.C will give you a list of those areas doing the LANTRA courses.

Regards

Stu

I have my DSC1 from a while ago Stu,before the Auth hunter or whatever it`s called was added (the food hygene bit ) , I can "upgrade" it by doing the add on assesment,

Should be 40 quid for the assesment,, although I could do with the relevant info cd form the BDS, if anyone has it??

ATB

I`ll look into the Lantra thing though

I have my DSC1 from a while ago Stu,before the Auth hunter or whatever it`s called was added (the food hygene bit ) , I can "upgrade" it by doing the add on assesment,

Should be 40 quid for the assesment,, although I could do with the relevant info cd form the BDS, if anyone has it??

ATB

I`ll look into the Lantra thing though

here you are mate you dont need a CD all the questions on Large food hygiene are here.

http://www.dmq.org.u...0Jan%202011.pdf

Particulars on LANTRA courses organised by B.A.S.C

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/games-on/leftnav/game-meat-handling.cfm

Hope this helps

Stu

All those BDS and BASC courses are a racket............ "give us a few hundred quid and we will give you a bit of paper that says you know what your on about"

Utter shite...............

All those BDS and BASC courses are a racket............ "give us a few hundred quid and we will give you a bit of paper that says you know what your on about"

Utter shite...............

Off course your entitled to your opinion and in some respects a lot of people would agree with you., But unfortunately way things are in this country today those pieces of paper stand in between either getting a position in industry or not and its also rolled over into the leisure industry.

No one is forcing you to join the paper chase its your choice but the bottom line is if you haven't got magic flag you don't participate in the game .

I used to be agrieved probably more than most chasing paper as i had all the old paper qualifications and they moved the goal posts and started a new ball game with a different paper exactly the same format I wasnt alone in that either I think Mark at Bunwell Shoot caught a cold as well and had to do it all over again .

Now if anyone should think its a racket it would be me, but hey theres chance of the system being changed again yet and we can all start chasing paper again :whistling:

My advice would be bite your lip and just get on with it says he who used to stand on a soap box complaning about the system :toast: