my mews

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job mate as i am a joiner and i have done a couple ov good mewes myself as i have a male hh and jjm is my mentor I am a first timer to. Its my first yr flying him prop as just mist last yr down to molt .Only had a couple ov weeks with him it was great and i carnt wait till he has done his molt. And as for you saying you have had some time with your mates birds there is nothing like your own mate. And i hope you have some good times with him or her happy hunting when the time is right .

thanks for the reply mate its the first one ive built and am pleased with it. cant wait to collect him but wont be ready till aug time so hopefully we dont get a wet aug like we seem to be getting now ill be straight into manning and training then out hunting. i ferret, lamp with my lurcher but i must admit see a BOP doing what it was born to do is the ultimate for me and like you said when its your bird it just gets better. good luck with your MHH hawk and keep us updated mate :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Size with a Harris isn't that big of a deal my male hunts at 1lb 1oz and takes everything except hare obviously. My female flys at 2lb 7 1/2 and takes everything but I love the style of males they are brilliant in woods and hedge hawking. A good working gun dog pup would be the finished team mate be worth looking into get a lot more sport with a good dog if you haven't got one already. Atb Matt

Top job mate I prefer fly my male to my female great in the woods after a ferreted bunny . Hope you do a dairy on him il look out for it best of luck Matt

cheers mate, what you said about a male is why i went for one i think if you can get a good size male you will have a more all round bird with its speed and agility than a female, well thats what im hoping for anyway. the breeder said his males usally fly at around 1.7. i was thinking about doing a diary but not sure weather to write one on here or on the iff you dont seem to get much feed back on here it seems quite quiet the falconry section compared to the other sections on here if you know what i mean mate.

cracking mews mate, u dont wana build one for me do ya , :toast: hahahah, all the best with your new bird , as someone has already said, if ya going to do a diary, then i would put it on here, as the iff is full of people who wana knock ya down, even if ya doing it all right, this section is quiet, but the lads u get on here are here to help ya , and will, without all the shit u get of iff mate, anyway, good luck and atb, look forward to your diary matre if u decide to hoy one on, :thumbs: :thumbs:

cheers for all your kind comments and advice i still havent completed it yet spoke to the breeder and my MHH should be ready to collect on the 10th aug so looking forward to it. built a travel box and picked up a bow perch and bath and other bit and bobs so nearly ready will keep you all updated and will try to put a diary on here if i get the time. im working again now on a private estate farm as a stockman and the boss man said i can take my bird to work with me so that should be helpful. thanks again everyone :thumbs:

Top class mews :thumbs: Im taking insipartion from it, when I start my rebuild late next month :thumbs: good luck with your impending male :thumbs: look forward to seeing howq youget along :victory: only recently took the plunge myself after nigh on 30 plus years of wanting too, learned more in fist couple of months than a lifetime of reading would achieve :thumbs: Harris are an excellent bird, very good for starters but also great if flown to full potential, they are ideal or the likes of myself to enjoy, settled with dogs very well too, cannot wait for the leaves to come off the trees to get her started for real :victory:

Top class mews :thumbs: Im taking insipartion from it, when I start my rebuild late next month :thumbs: good luck with your impending male :thumbs: look forward to seeing howq youget along :victory: only recently took the plunge myself after nigh on 30 plus years of wanting too, learned more in fist couple of months than a lifetime of reading would achieve :thumbs: Harris are an excellent bird, very good for starters but also great if flown to full potential, they are ideal or the likes of myself to enjoy, settled with dogs very well too, cannot wait for the leaves to come off the trees to get her started for real :victory:

nice one cheers mate i havent had time to finish it yet but will by the end of the month. good luck with your mews mate if i can help in any way give me a shout mate :thumbs: