my mews

i like it what a twat of a garden that is ... good luck with your back stick some more photos up when your done ..:thumbs:

thanks mate and your right about that garden but you should of seen it before i put those walls in its a shame it aint flat because it would be a nice size garden.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you putting a feeding shoot on it mate try and get it were the bird cant see you feeding it to prevent screaming youve don a great job

cheers mate in photos 9 and 10 you can see where i have cut a food chute and in photo 11 you can see the cover is back on but im going to add a slidding lockable door so when you pull the cover off you unlock and slide open but im also going to do some sort of cover so the bird cant see my hand push the food through onto the food platform. i think that made sense mate hahaha cheers again :thumbs:

top job fellah ive flown bothe over the years but madi my female is the best ive flown for years takes everything put in front of her

thanks mate, i bet your well proud of her its great when you put in the hours and hard work and you get paid back 10 fold. bang up a photo mate id love to see her :thumbs:

Awesome job, really looking forward to seeing more photos.

As I'm getting my first HH this year, I may be nicking your design ;) looks really good.

What size is it and are you having some sort of double door ?

;)

hi mate no problem with the design let me know if i can help mate the base size is about 8 1/2ft x 12ft but because of the shape of my garden it does tapper slightly on the right as it goes back but you dont notice it but it did make putting the roof on a real pain. the roofed area starts at 7 1/2ft and drops down to 6 1/2ft. i am fitting a 2nd door but im in 2 minds on wether to do it internal or external mainly because it might make it look ugly in the garden with a external passage and door. you getting a male of female mate? and thanks for the comments.

Not sure yet, always wanted a female but I'm edging towards a male now and the Dad looks a decent size.

i think which ever you go for your in for years of good fun mate like you i did have a female in mind but changed my mind and going for a male now mainly due to speed and agile and if you can get a nice size male you should be able to take most quarry fur and feather well thats the plan hahaha fingers crossed just counting the days now to get started good luck with your bird mate :thumbs:

Not sure yet, always wanted a female but I'm edging towards a male now and the Dad looks a decent size.

i think which ever you go for your in for years of good fun mate like you i did have a female in mind but changed my mind and going for a male now mainly due to speed and agile and if you can get a nice size male you should be able to take most quarry fur and feather well thats the plan hahaha fingers crossed just counting the days now to get started good luck with your bird mate :thumbs:

Thx mate, good luck to you 2.

The wait is really gonna get on my tits, will be worth it tho ...

that is a smart mews, top job, shame its goin to get covered in bird shit.... :D

hahahhaha i know mate, any ideas on what to use to board it out with i was thinking about a clear perspex sheeting something easy to jet wash and wipe over. anyone with any suggestions are welcome

Great job mate as i am a joiner and i have done a couple ov good mewes myself as i have a male hh and jjm is my mentor I am a first timer to. Its my first yr flying him prop as just mist last yr down to molt .Only had a couple ov weeks with him it was great and i carnt wait till he has done his molt. And as for you saying you have had some time with your mates birds there is nothing like your own mate. And i hope you have some good times with him or her happy hunting when the time is right .