my mews

Just thought i'd put photos of my mews i just built from scratch. its not totally finished yet it needs guttering, edgeing strips, security passage, perches, boarding out inside, painting,netting on the open roof area, door and some more shingle. it was a bit of a race to get the heavy work finished because i had to have an operation on my spine on wednesday just gone and ill be out of action for 6 weeks after. i manage to get what i needed to be done by 10pm tuesday night and wednesday 11.30am i was in hospital for my operation but it did keep my mind off the operation. hope you like it any feed back would be greatful its the first one ive built thanks for reading.

mews1.jpg

mews2.jpg

mews4.jpg

mew5.jpg

mews6.jpg

mews7.jpg

mews8.jpg

mews9.jpg

mews10.jpg

mews11.jpg

mews12.jpg

mews13.jpg

mews14.jpg

mews15.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top job mate I prefer fly my male to my female great in the woods after a ferreted bunny . Hope you do a dairy on him il look out for it best of luck Matt

cheers mate, what you said about a male is why i went for one i think if you can get a good size male you will have a more all round bird with its speed and agility than a female, well thats what im hoping for anyway. the breeder said his males usally fly at around 1.7. i was thinking about doing a diary but not sure weather to write one on here or on the iff you dont seem to get much feed back on here it seems quite quiet the falconry section compared to the other sections on here if you know what i mean mate.

Top job mate I prefer fly my male to my female great in the woods after a ferreted bunny . Hope you do a dairy on him il look out for it best of luck Matt

cheers mate, what you said about a male is why i went for one i think if you can get a good size male you will have a more all round bird with its speed and agility than a female, well thats what im hoping for anyway. the breeder said his males usally fly at around 1.7. i was thinking about doing a diary but not sure weather to write one on here or on the iff you dont seem to get much feed back on here it seems quite quiet the falconry section compared to the other sections on here if you know what i mean mate.

nice job mate have fun with your new bird is it your first ?i,ve had male and female personally i prefer female harris do your diary on here mate there can be some ruthless people on the IFF i know from experience all the best anyway Baz

nice job mate have fun with your new bird is it your first ?i,ve had male and female personally i prefer female harris do your diary on here mate there can be some ruthless people on the IFF i know from experience all the best anyway Baz

cheers mate it is my first bird but i have been out flying other peoples birds. i know what you mean about iff there is a few knobheads on there but there is on any forum but i do prefer this site. do you mind me asking what you prefered about flying a female mate?

Just thought i'd put photos of my mews i just built from scratch. its not totally finished yet it needs guttering, edgeing strips, security passage, perches, boarding out inside, painting,netting on the open roof area, door and some more shingle. it was a bit of a race to get the heavy work finished because i had to have an operation on my spine on wednesday just gone and ill be out of action for 6 weeks after. i manage to get what i needed to be done by 10pm tuesday night and wednesday 11.30am i was in hospital for my operation but it did keep my mind off the operation. hope you like it any feed back would be greatful its the first one ive built thanks for reading.

Professional job, you should be proud of that job. Can you do some close up photographs of the front bars and what you have used to join the spars on the roof? If you built me an aviary like that I would give you a female harris hawk in fact I would give you a pair of harris hawk.

Cracking job mate :clapper: looka like Buckingham palace compared to mine :thumbs:

Top Job! when can I love in :laugh:

Jasp

nice one cheers mate after i built it i did think this could of been my place to get some peace hahahha cheers mate

' timestamp='1306839746' post='2084592']

Professional job, you should be proud of that job. Can you do some close up photographs of the front bars and what you have used to join the spars on the roof? If you built me an aviary like that I would give you a female harris hawk in fact I would give you a pair of harris hawk.

thanks mate i am chuffed with it, i built the kennle and ferret court that is on the left hand side of the mews to mate. ill try to get some close ups for you mate but there just dowled about 25mm at each end and 14 1in broom handles cut to size which were the cheaper option dowlling is quite dear. and with the roof mate its those rafter hangers they have spikes on them so you can hammer the spikes into the rafter and the frame so it supports its self while you screw or nail it in there brilliant bits of kit. if i had the room for two more birds i would take you up on that deal mate, but i am starting a small business making animal housing brick or wood, travel boxes for birds, ferrets, terriers or anything people may want my father in law is a furniture maker with his own work shop so we can make things a bit more up market with little extras like draws built in or a nice design what ever people would like really but need to get back on my feet first. ill try to get some photos for you tomorrow mate and thanks again :thumbs: