Guest cheesegrater

Apart from the debate about the showing , could any one put light on the subject of the racing ? A young lad won the whippet racing with a whippet called (Lady). when it came to giving out the prizes, he was told there was nothing for the winner of the whippet race there was a shortest of trophies ????? .He left with a small bag of pedro !!! while the over 23 and the unders got trophy,plaque, rossette and a big bag of food .. could anyone answer why this happened ?

badly run ,bad turn out,bad trophies ,back stabbing , " terrier and lurcher men dont have to pay in to main event " might as well have said fcuk off ,not wanted ,need not apply ...... roll on SHANES CASTLE . :realmad:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There would have been no more terriers present no matter who was judging, terriers are falling away at all the shows. And another thing you've got to remember Toasty, nobody makes you go to these show

For All Concerned,   This is Justin Hill on behalf Gilford Terrier & Lurcher Club.   There seems to be a small number of people with complaints about our show in Moira - I am going to respond

to many lads take it serious and for what a rosette and cup as has been said its a day out for like minded lads for a bit of crack and a yarn or 2 and if you win you win and if you lose well tough tit

I totally agree with u bapp. moira was my first time watching dog racing, had a brilliant day and was very excited seeing all the dogs racing! but i went over to see all the winning dogs an i noticed the young lad that won the whippets walk away with a tiny bag of dog food an the rest got trophies and photographs! i thought it was disgusting and extremely unfair that a man would walk away with nothing after his dog gave such a brilliant performance! not sure if i will be back if this is how the winners are treated!!!!

• Like 1

Apart from the debate about the showing , could any one put light on the subject of the racing ? A young lad won the whippet racing with a whippet called (Lady). when it came to giving out the prizes, he was told there was nothing for the winner of the whippet race there was a shortest of trophies ????? .He left with a small bag of pedro !!! while the over 23 and the unders got trophy,plaque, rossette and a big bag of food .. could anyone answer why this happened ?

badly run ,bad turn out,bad trophies ,back stabbing , " terrier and lurcher men dont have to pay in to main event " might as well have said fcuk off ,not wanted ,need not apply ...... roll on SHANES CASTLE . :realmad:

It is well known who you are on here and for someone that neither owns nor has shown, raced or worked lurchers or terriers, maybe you need to take a bit of your own advice.

I had my two whippets in the racing paid 6 quid,we should have been told before the start of the race there was no trophy up for grabs And no puppy racing because there was no trophy.

So why have the whippet race with no trophy? Think it is a rip off taking our money with no prize Prehaps one of the Gilford crew might come on here and justify this.

Sammy

Edited by bowersey
  • Like 1

Lol so you say ? So here's how it's played out j duke judges moira and puts up tango then onto ballylough tango judges and you win then j duke partner also wins Tracy gill with the gilford man in the ring with tango did you all not stay down there together ???? Then onto moira again gilford man in the ring again with the lurcher judge who wins ? Need I say more ? Yes I do guess who wins whippet pups ? You got it j duke is it a conspiricey who Iam I to say that BUT YOU NO wHAT YOU ARE ALL LIKE A BUNCH OF BANANAS YOUR ALL BENT AS f**k

What I want to know is, how can this man spout all this shite and drive a lorry at the same time?????

Guest cheesegrater

It is well known who you are on here and for someone that neither owns nor has shown, raced or worked lurchers or terriers, maybe you need to take a bit of your own advice.

please elaborate :hmm:

If you are trying to refere to me I drive a lorry and have spend today loading 200 miles south of Paris then driving to Paris to finish loading wine then drive onto callas to catch a boat back into England I get into England and while Ian on the boat I look at this shit on here with people at one another you no it's not worth it running shows because of all the Agro you get after anyone that runs shows will tell you it's a thankless job I was going to run another one this year reading this on here no way Iam I going to do it Iam not even going to run the xmass show f**k it I have better things to do than put up with this tipe of shit even when you go to shows and happen to win all you get on here is show shit it don't work wins again by going on like this you will kill terrier and lurcher shows because no one will want to run them and people will not want to go to them you are spoiling it for yourselfs

• Like 1

If you are trying to refere to me I drive a lorry and have spend today loading 200 miles south of Paris then driving to Paris to finish loading wine then drive onto callas to catch a boat back into England I get into England and while Ian on the boat I look at this shit on here with people at one another you no it's not worth it running shows because of all the Agro you get after anyone that runs shows will tell you it's a thankless job I was going to run another one this year reading this on here no way Iam I going to do it Iam not even going to run the xmass show f**k it I have better things to do than put up with this tipe of shit even when you go to shows and happen to win all you get on here is show shit it don't work wins again by going on like this you will kill terrier and lurcher shows because no one will want to run them and people will not want to go to them you are spoiling it for yourselfs

most people only had good things to say about the show but there are always a few that always just want to put a downer on things and would start an argument in an empty room

• Like 3

Why is there certain lads taking this so badly, the game shows are only a bit of craic to meet up with like minded people and have a run through the previous season and the one forthcoming. Too a lot of people this is their season as they don't work dogs just show them so just let them at it as there will always be that degree of favouritism in the ring no matter what. If you are an unknown with a cracking lurcher/terrier you will not be in the top three come the end so no point dwelling on it. Its just the way things are.

Good morning campers hi de hi what or we all up to today ? ????????

Fairplay,

You certainly can stir up a 'hornet's nest'

I am sorry I didn't get to see the Terriers & Lurchers at Moira but I went in the front entrance and after I had a walk round the fair and looked at the gundogs I was disinclined to go out to the clays or terrier & lurchers.

However I cannot believe it was as bad as you say. I am not the biggest fan in the world of the guys who run the Moira Fair BUT I have always said they do a fair job of organisation on a site that I looked at several years ago and ruled out as unsuitable. They have made it work - yes it lacks the atmosphere of an estate site but certainly the main site is quite practical.

What I object to with the Moira guys are two things : 1. Our brands are Irish Game Fair and Irish Game & Country Fair - theirs is National Countrysports Fair yet virtually no signage that I saw actually gave their own brand name! It appears they are not confident enough in their ability to promote their own brand name.

We run the All Ireland Terrier and Lurcher Championship they are now launching an

" All Ireland Championship".

We have a medieval festival now they say they have a medieval festival!

My objective in promoting our fairs is to stress the DIFFERENCES - they appear to wish to focus on similarities - WHY?

2. What appears to be hype about what is going to be there : Small things maybe but overall they add up. The publicity claimed Cossack HORSEMEN from the STeppes of Russia - there was ONE horseman who has been knocking about Ireland for several years!

I was looking forward to seeing the crocodile as I am sure many children were - yes there was a crocodile but it was about 2' long - and as a friend said it was more crocodile burger size than what was apparently implied in the PR!

We have had a proper Living History/Medival Festival for several years with over 100 re-enactors who not only stage a large living history village but also carty out main arena displays - Moira apparently had as their Medieval Festival - a jousting team!

On radio BB claimed 40 artisan food traders - did you see these? I thought the food tent was disappointing.

Moira claim the largest gundog event in Ireland - again simply not the case - the Shanes Castle event with real international teams ( ie from from outside Ireland) will have many more gundogs and in fact dogs of all types and the gundogs will be run on a superb course with a water test - not stuck in a corner with no water.

However these criticisms aside and it is easy to criticise - harder to deliver an event of this size without criticism - I quite enjoyed the event.

It was big enough to spend a couple of hours to meet and chat to old friends,the weather was good, the Falconry Mews was good and Adrian is a competent falconer and a great showman; the one Cossack (although he looked a little lonely in the ring) was a good horseman; Tony Carinduff and his ferrets never disappoint; there was a good selection of stands and the layout looked neat and tidy; underfoot conditions were good and car parking efficient.

I understand prizes were good for the clay shooting ( cash, vouchers and trophies) and modest though tasteful

( Belfast Crystal) and dog food for the gundogs. I didn't see the Terrier & Lurcher prizes but I read there was a good top prize of a trip to the Midland.

So overall I have to congratulate the organisers on running a successful event which I am sure many people enjoyed.

As an organiser you cannot be everywhere or be responsible for individual judging decisions - as I have said before when you take a dog under a judge what you get is his or her opinion. If you don't like it you can give that judge a wide berth in future. So I think your criticism of the National Countysports Fair organisers is a little severe.

AlbertJ

Edited by AlbertJ

I totally agree with u bapp. moira was my first time watching dog racing, had a brilliant day and was very excited seeing all the dogs racing! but i went over to see all the winning dogs an i noticed the young lad that won the whippets walk away with a tiny bag of dog food an the rest got trophies and photographs! i thought it was disgusting and extremely unfair that a man would walk away with nothing after his dog gave such a brilliant performance! not sure if i will be back if this is how the winners are treated!!!!

Bags of meal in shopping dags how low can you go NO PRIZE FOR THE WINNER OF THE WHIPPET RACE IF THINGS ARE SO TIGHT GIVE IT UP OR YOU SHOULD STICK YOUR SHOW WHERE THERE IS NO SUNSHINE

Agh pigsy and I thought it was just me that thought it was BAD ? NEXT year they or thinking of having a class for crossdressers John mc stay will win that after all did you not see him winning the class on Sunday after his wife won the ladys class he then takes the dog into final and wins well done John put your dress on next time lol

Not referring to you dessie. After all how many of us true lurcher and terrier handlers have any really big axes to grind with moira in the bigger scheme of things. They run a much bigger show than just us after all. So when you eliminate us, who or what is left. That's who could end up bringing down our sport if we let them.

"If you are an unknown with a cracking lurcher/terrier you will not be in the top three come the end so no point dwelling on it. Its just the way things are..."

In referral to this I have to say that at Lawrencetown I didnt and still don't have a clue who I put up as show champion..it was the wee lads first show so I was told and I don't even know his name and I still put him up.and i know Graham from seein him at the shows and don;t know him personally but his bitch caught my eye and that was my choice.I could have put up the people I know but wheres the fairness in that? The dogs that suited the class where the ones I put up.I know there are some people out there who judge the person and not the dog but thats not the way i work.. if the dog/bitch is a craker and the one to win the class then that's the way it goes.. I'm honest and was brought up that way.. Btw does anyone know the name of that wee fella who won the Showing in Lawrencetown??

• Like 1