Good morning campers hi de hi what or we all up to today ? ????????

ah good day to you too you must be in better form today but i know what it was with you yesterday you had such a good time at Moira you were still nursing the hangoverdrinks.gifalcoholic.gif but all is good with me just back after being out doing a bit of bushing with my show ponies but just bringing them up for a shower now they got a bit of dirt on their coatsbye.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There would have been no more terriers present no matter who was judging, terriers are falling away at all the shows. And another thing you've got to remember Toasty, nobody makes you go to these show

For All Concerned,   This is Justin Hill on behalf Gilford Terrier & Lurcher Club.   There seems to be a small number of people with complaints about our show in Moira - I am going to respond

to many lads take it serious and for what a rosette and cup as has been said its a day out for like minded lads for a bit of crack and a yarn or 2 and if you win you win and if you lose well tough tit

"If you are an unknown with a cracking lurcher/terrier you will not be in the top three come the end so no point dwelling on it. Its just the way things are..."

In referral to this I have to say that at Lawrencetown I didnt and still don't have a clue who I put up as show champion..it was the wee lads first show so I was told and I don't even know his name and I still put him up.and i know Graham from seein him at the shows and don;t know him personally but his bitch caught my eye and that was my choice.I could have put up the people I know but wheres the fairness in that? The dogs that suited the class where the ones I put up.I know there are some people out there who judge the person and not the dog but thats not the way i work.. if the dog/bitch is a craker and the one to win the class then that's the way it goes.. I'm honest and was brought up that way.. Btw does anyone know the name of that wee fella who won the Showing in Lawrencetown??

Will fair play too you, for genuine people are few and far between. The bickering and bitching surrounding these shows is unreal, you just have too look at the above posts too see what i mean DannyBoi. Im not a fan of the shows and never show dogs but have been at plenty in my time and its the same faces at different places that are winning these. In some cases their dogs wholely deserve it but, unfortunately not in a lot of cases.

To the post about not knowin anybody and not gettin in top 3 i have to disagree just a bit cos im an unknownin this is my 1st lurcher and i got a couple of 1st last year and reserve champion at ballywalter this year so the maybe i just fluked it, who knows

I totally agree with u bapp. moira was my first time watching dog racing, had a brilliant day and was very excited seeing all the dogs racing! but i went over to see all the winning dogs an i noticed the young lad that won the whippets walk away with a tiny bag of dog food an the rest got trophies and photographs! i thought it was disgusting and extremely unfair that a man would walk away with nothing after his dog gave such a brilliant performance! not sure if i will be back if this is how the winners are treated!!!!

Bags of meal in shopping dags how low can you go NO PRIZE FOR THE WINNER OF THE WHIPPET RACE IF THINGS ARE SO TIGHT GIVE IT UP OR YOU SHOULD STICK YOUR SHOW WHERE THERE IS NO SUNSHINE

Does anyone no did Janet Duke get a ptize for her dog coming second.Who would take home an unsealed bag of Pedro meal any way would have threw it in the hedge for the foxes.Every disrepect lads next show trophies on the table to have dogs run then say there is no trophy is out of order COME ON EXPLAIN OURSELVES SPEAK UP

For All Concerned,

This is Justin Hill on behalf Gilford Terrier & Lurcher Club.

There seems to be a small number of people with complaints about our show in Moira - I am going to respond once only as quite frankly I have more important things to do with my time.

Ian and myself have been running our show successfully for 13 years, however there are a few people this year who seem intent on causing upset.

1: We pick our judges each year with integrity and honesty and after that it is up to the judges own personal preferences on the day.

2: We carefully select high quality trophy's as well as top prizes which quite a few people fail to mention, this year in Moira as well as trophies and dog meal winners received a number of prizes including, 2 £85 coats from Charlie Keenan ( as Dessie Mackin and Graham Brennan can vouch for), Dog Bed, Dog leads, dog dishes and collars.

3: Each year we are sponsored by Pedro for the dog meal, however this year there was a mix-up with thier delivery the day before the show and they only delivered 16 instead of 32 small bags, as time wasnt on our side we had to take large bags and divide accordingly.

4: There seems to be alot of concern for the winner of the whippet racing who as you put did not get a trophy. On the day of the show one of the trophies got damaged (accidents happen), I assured the winner, Gareth with his little red whippet Jed, that a replacement trophy would be ordered first thing on Monday morning ( which it was, before reading any of your posts) and delivered to him. Gareth was happy with this on the day and made no complaints to me. I am sorry if this has caused Gareth any upset or distress but I can assure you and him that his trophy will be ready on Thursday of this week.

I hope this clears up any outstanding issues regarding this years show. Maybe we can now conentrate our energy on having a bit of craic and banter at the remaining shows this year rather than looking for faults, putting people off running or judging future shows.

Thanks

Justin Hill

Gilford Terrier & Lurcher Club

• Like 6

Was at Moira on Saturday thought it was a very good show :thumbs: Only one thing that pisses me

off is the cheat that has won the whippet racing at Ballywalter and Moira with a lurcher :thumbdown: Surely that has to be annoying for the folk with whippets and nothing hapening

to stop this cheat He doesnt show it in any whippet classes because it would stand out like a sore thumb he keeps it hid to the racing starts If i raced whippets and the organisers let him race i would walk off the line maybe you whippet racers will grow a set and do this at your next show and dont let this CHEAT make a fool of yous Other than this i enjoyed Moira :thumbs:

• Like 1
Guest dee mac

For All Concerned,

There seems to be a small number of people with complaints about our show in Moira - I am going to respond once only as quite frankly I have more important things to do with my time.

Ian and myself have been running our show successfully for 13 years, however there are a few people this year who seem intent on causing upset.

1: We pick our judges each year with integrity and honesty and after that it is up to the judges own personal preferences on the day.

2: We carefully select high quality trophy's as well as top prizes which quite a few people fail to mention, this year in Moira as well as trophies and dog meal winners received a number of prizes including, 2 £85 coats from Charlie Keenan ( as Dessie Mackin and Graham Brennan can vouch for), Dog Bed, Dog leads, dog dishes and collars.

3: Each year we are sponsored by Pedro for the dog meal, however this year there was a mix-up with thier delivery the day before the show and they only delivered 16 instead of 32 small bags, as time wasnt on our side we had to take large bags and divide accordingly.

4: There seems to be alot of concern for the winner of the whippet racing who as you put did not get a trophy. On the day of the show one of the trophies got damaged (accidents happen), I assured the winner, Gareth with his little red whippet Jed, that a replacement trophy would be ordered first thing on Monday morning ( which it was, before reading any of your posts) and delivered to him. Gareth was happy with this on the day and made no complaints to me. I am sorry if this has caused Gareth any upset or distress but I can assure you and him that his trophy will be ready on Thursday of this week.

I hope this clears up any outstanding issues regarding this years show. Maybe we can now conentrate our energy on having a bit of craic and banter at the remaining shows this year rather than looking for faults, putting people off running or judging future shows.

Thanks

Justin Hill

fair play too anyone who takes on the task of running a show its a thankless job i was there myself and enjoyed my day that goes for the whole fair its a day out take it as you get it but what gets me is the serious side were by people bitching about judges why there dog never won they never got a look in etc etc my take on it is a day too have a look around chat too some like minded people about season past and the one on the way have a few beers and a curry chip and get a nosey at some off the dogs on display but its plainly obvious that some people treat the shows like i treat the working side of things which i think is total rubbish if there that keen for a 50 p rossette a plastic trophy a bag of nuts and there photo took then they should just buy said items themselves and get a relitive too take a pic no one is goin too really care at end of day not knocking anyone that shows dogs its there choice and i ve show some young pups the odd time its good too get them out socailising but take it as its meant a days craic too pass the boring summer days till winter arrives :thumbs:

• Like 2

Was at Moira on Saturday thought it was a very good show :thumbs: Only one thing that pisses me

off is the cheat that has won the whippet racing at Ballywalter and Moira with a lurcher :thumbdown: Surely that has to be annoying for the folk with whippets and nothing hapening

to stop this cheat He doesnt show it in any whippet classes because it would stand out like a sore thumb he keeps it hid to the racing starts If i raced whippets and the organisers let him race i would walk off the line maybe you whippet racers will grow a set and do this at your next show and dont let this CHEAT make a fool of yous Other than this i enjoyed Moira :thumbs:

There was two dogs in the final that were in a class of their own if there was a quetion to the breeding on 1 dog there should be question on the the dog that Janet runs in the whippet class But then if they were not winners there would be no questions asked

Edited by pigsy

For All Concerned,

Thanks

Justin Hill

thanks lads for great day you always put on a good show and the prizes were excellent and thanks to Charlie Keenan for providing them coats(will come in handy during the winter while working the dogs)and anyone else i talked to seemed to have a good day aswell it was well worth the spin up from Dublin,thanks again lads and good luck with Ballinlough

• Like 2

Fare play i don't know you but you seem like a prick, if you thought the judging was bad thats your opinion and your intitled to it, but slating everyone and acusing people of being bent cos they have good dogs that win shows, this is a small country and it would be hard to find a judge that does'nt know people at a show, , , but if your that bothered about rosettes just pm me and i'll post you some to save you the hardship of going to a show

• Like 2
Guest ladyjane

There was two dogs in the final that were in a class of their own if there was a quetion to the breeding on 1 dog there should be question on the the dog that Janet runs in the whippet class But then if they were not winners there would be no questions asked

Pigsy, I'm touched at your concern in an earlier post as to whether I received anything for coming second in the whippet racing, but as you well know there was nothing for any of the runner ups. As to the breeding of my dog, this is the second time you've jumped in and referred to her when the other dog's breeding has been questioned, just put your name on your posts and I'll tell you all you want to know about my dog............or do you want me to put your name on for you???? It seems fine for you to quote my name, but you're not so quick to sign your own.

Edited by ladyjane
  • Like 1

Fare play i don't know you but you seem like a prick, if you thought the judging was bad thats your opinion and your intitled to it, but slating everyone and acusing people of being bent cos they have good dogs that win shows, this is a small country and it would be hard to find a judge that does'nt know people at a show, , , but if your that bothered about rosettes just pm me and i'll post you some to save you the hardship of going to a show

your some man for the good ones... :icon_eek:

I'll address this to pigsy, FairPlay and the others, Im not long home from France and have read this with great unease and feel the comments are rather harsh. I have used both the lurcher and whippet judge at my show and any attack on the gilford clubs judgement for appointing them is also an attack my judgent.

I connected Ian prior to the show and asked if he could separate the dog and bitch classes . He was more than happy to accomadate on this, which was appreciated by myself and the other terrier enthusiata