WHAT IS THE BIG TURN ON WITH THE TERRIER EVENTS AND SHOWS AT MOIRA GAME FAIR AS WAS REPEATED BY A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT THE STANDARD OF TERRIERS WAS A JOKE AND FOR THEM TO CALL THEM WORKING TERRIERS IS A SHAME AND DISGRACE THE TERRIER JUDGE WE ARE LED TO BELIEVE HAS LITTLE OR NO EXPERIENCE OF WORKING TERRIERS WHY THEN DO THE ORGANISERS HAVE TO GET PEOPLE LIKE THIS TO JUDGE WHEN THERE IS GOOD GENUINE FELLAS UP AND DOWN THE COUNTRY THAT WOULD KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR NO DISRESPECT TO THE ORGANISERS BUT TO SAY ITS A WORKING TERRIER SHOW LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED CHAMPION TERRIER CHAMPION AT WHAT

Toasty No Disrespect to you ,but the Terrier Judge at Moira was hunting & digging ground when i was swinging aff my

mums chest and unless you are the same age as me (40)you woulda been doing something very similar,so for you to talk of disrespect to a man that has no doubt, has as much knowledge than most of us (more than me)is very disrespectful to him considering the

work this man has done with Terriers.

So please in future when you are calling a judge a disgrace have a little respect for people that stand up and judge

at shows ,you are the reason y experienced working Lurcher & Terrier people are reluctant to judge at shows......

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There would have been no more terriers present no matter who was judging, terriers are falling away at all the shows. And another thing you've got to remember Toasty, nobody makes you go to these show

For All Concerned,   This is Justin Hill on behalf Gilford Terrier & Lurcher Club.   There seems to be a small number of people with complaints about our show in Moira - I am going to respond

to many lads take it serious and for what a rosette and cup as has been said its a day out for like minded lads for a bit of crack and a yarn or 2 and if you win you win and if you lose well tough tit

Fair Play to the Gilford lurcher and terrier club who put on a great show with great trophies and other prizes .had a great day thanks lads

alrite mate how'd your dog get on in final?? i remembered it from last year

she got champion lurcher matetoast.gif but it must of been Ballinlough you remember her from ,i did'nt have her up with me last year

Fair Play to the Gilford lurcher and terrier club who put on a great show with great trophies and other prizes .had a great day thanks lads

she got champion lurcher matetoast.gif but it must of been Ballinlough you remember her from ,i did'nt have her up with me last year

the 1st i saw your dog was at shanes castle mate your dog looks a bit like mine but mines lighter in colour

the 1st i saw your dog was at shanes castle mate your dog looks a bit like mine but mines lighter in colour

yeah mate i had her up in shanes castle last year and i remember your dog from there aswell (nice dog collie x is'nt he)

yeah mate i had her up in shanes castle last year and i remember your dog from there aswell (nice dog collie x is'nt he)

(she) yeah she a collie cross she picked up reserve champion at ballywalter the other week so i was well pleased, maybe get talkin at shanes if your up this year .

(she) yeah she a collie cross she picked up reserve champion at ballywalter the other week so i was well pleased, maybe get talkin at shanes if your up this year .

yeah sound mate

Toasty No Disrespect to you ,but the Terrier Judge at Moira was hunting & digging ground when i was swinging aff my

mums chest and unless you are the same age as me (40)you woulda been doing something very similar,so for you to talk of disrespect to a man that has no doubt, has as much knowledge than most of us (more than me)is very disrespectful to him considering the

So please in future when you are calling a judge a disgrace have a little respect for people that stand up and judge

at shows ,you are the reason y experienced working Lurcher & Terrier people are reluctant to judge at shows......

I CAN ASSURE YOU I HAVE UTMOST RESPECT FOR PEOPLE THAT STAND UP AND JUDGE AT SHOWS BUT NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YESTERDAYS JUDGE YOURSELF INCLUDED THAT DO NOTHING FOR WORKING TERRIERS WHAT OTHER EXPERIENCED WORKING DOG PEOPLE WAS ASKED TO TAKE THE STANCE AND JUDGE DOES THE JUDGE KEEP ANY TERRIERS AT THE PRESENT TIME OUR WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE DUG OVER A GOOD GENUINE WORKING TERRIER LOOK YOU SHOW BOATERS MAYBE FOOL THE FEW BUT NOT THE GENUINE DOG WORKERS WHO I HAVE RESPECT FOR AND THE AMOUNT OF TERRIERS THAT WAS PRESENT YESTERDAY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF ITS THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE THAT TERRIER SHOWS AND GENUINE MEN AND DOGS ARE A THING OF THE PAST

Guest jackpot

I CAN ASSURE YOU I HAVE UTMOST RESPECT FOR PEOPLE THAT STAND UP AND JUDGE AT SHOWS BUT NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE YESTERDAYS JUDGE YOURSELF INCLUDED THAT DO NOTHING FOR WORKING TERRIERS WHAT OTHER EXPERIENCED WORKING DOG PEOPLE WAS ASKED TO TAKE THE STANCE AND JUDGE DOES THE JUDGE KEEP ANY TERRIERS AT THE PRESENT TIME OUR WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE DUG OVER A GOOD GENUINE WORKING TERRIER LOOK YOU SHOW BOATERS MAYBE FOOL THE FEW BUT NOT THE GENUINE DOG WORKERS WHO I HAVE RESPECT FOR AND THE AMOUNT OF TERRIERS THAT WAS PRESENT YESTERDAY SPEAKS FOR ITSELF ITS THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE THAT TERRIER SHOWS AND GENUINE MEN AND DOGS ARE A THING OF THE PAST

There would have been no more terriers present no matter who was judging, terriers are falling away at all the shows. And another thing you've got to remember Toasty, nobody makes you go to these shows, it's a voluntary act. I am all for people having opinions, but to launch personal attacks on both the judge and the organiser on a public forum is just showing the bad sport you are. How many times has it been said on this and other forums, you cannot, no matter who you are, judge a dog's working ability in a show ring. Shows are exactly that, a show, an exhibition, not a working test. yes, they are for dogs that are bred to work, but at the end of the day they are supposed to be a bit of craic, a social occasion, if people like you keep slating them while hiding behind a computer there'll be no shows to go to, because who in their right minds wants to set themselves up for your treatment?

Edited by jackpot
  • Like 6

There would have been no more terriers present no matter who was judging, terriers are falling away at all the shows. And another thing you've got to remember Toasty, nobody makes you go to these shows, it's a voluntary act. I am all for people having opinions, but to launch personal attacks on both the judge and the organiser on a public forum is just showing the bad sport you are. How many times has it been said on this and other forums, you cannot, no matter who you are, judge a dog's working ability in a show ring. Shows are exactly that, a show, an exhibition, not a working test. yes, they are for dogs that are bred to work, but at the end of the day they are supposed to be a bit of craic, a social occasion, if people like you keep slating them while hiding behind a computer there'll be no shows to go to, because who in their right minds wants to set themselves up for your treatment?

thumbs.gif

it gets harder every year to keep getting judges as people read this stuff and think why would i bother standing inside that rope for that,judging is done from a conformation point of view at any show thats the way it is.you cant tell what a dogs really doing in the field from a ring.on a note from saturday the terrier judge put up the same dog that won the mourne and it was judged by the man it beat in the final so he wasnt that wrong in the end.its abit of craic lads,only a few times have i came on here and seen posts telling the judges that they did a good job.
  • Like 1

to many lads take it serious and for what a rosette and cup as has been said its a day out for like minded lads for a bit of crack and a yarn or 2 and if you win you win and if you lose well tough titty, many a time ive got nothing in the ring when i used to keep lurchers even in the fox class getting beaten by dogs that never ever seen a fox but it didnt worry me as knew that when i was out in the field where it really mattered my dogs would kill as many foxes as i cud get with them :thumbs: and i think its the lurcher/terrier men who have dogs that are doing the biz in the field are the 1s who take it as a days crack and its the pretenders who are the 1s running about bitching and huffing when they dont get a rosette

• Like 3

.....The Lurcher & Terrier Events Will Commence On Saturday 28th May At 11.00am With The Racing Entrys From 10.30am........

.The Showing starts At 1.00pm with a seperate ring for the Whippets..

.Pedro Dog Food will sponsor the Showing / Racing..

.Prizes From Sporting Dog & Hunting Gear Supplied By Charlie Keenan..

.This Show is a Qualiflier For The Midland Game Fair..

The Lurcher & Terrier Events are located at the usual area next to the Main Arena and Remember you DONT

HAVE TO PAY INTO THE MAIN FAIR TO COMPETE / ATTEND THE LURCHER & TERRIER EVENTS...

The Gilford Lurcher & Terrier Club would like to thank the organisers of the Moira Game Fair

for their support and input throughout the years as we look forward to our 13th Annual Show. I think Respect has been shown to the Lurcher & Terrier Competiters considering it's the only Fair of it's

Type where you don't have to pay into the main fair to compete at the Lurcher & Terrier Events.

We look forward to your continued support ...

I.Davison Gilford Lurcher & Terrier Club .

ha shane here was looking to no were to get all the pictures of the lurcher raceing moira and looking to go to more can ya let me no thanks