John i think all your vids are great and show all the real situations that people can be faced with,

but i must say its just a shame about the accent :tongue2:

How much powder to you squeeze into the 7mm rem mag case?

Edited by weejohn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do people get "bitchy" when someone tells it like it is! John hides nothing,The good and the not so good comes out . Because thats REAL LIFE! Shit happens from time to time and we can only pray

.....as they say 'third time lucky'.

I bow to your wisdom matey. Dont think this would have got infected. And if you have not ever noticed on any of the videos I always have my dog so follow ups are never a problem. And if you've neve

NEXT TO A MOTORWAY 308 SHOOTING?

I smell another rat, only joined yesterday.

Here we go again :wallbash:

Even if it was (which it wasn't) if we had our backs to it or were firing along side of it WHAT WOULD BE THE PROBLEM?????????? :censored:

I smell another rat, only joined yesterday.

Here we go again :wallbash:

Even if it was (which it wasn't) if we had our backs to it or were firing along side of it WHAT WOULD BE THE PROBLEM?????????? :censored:

on the plus side everytime another one pipes up, it bumps your thread

Edited by lapin2008

The video is great for showing how it can easily go wrong and how to get the animal down once it goes wrong. Everyone who has stalked any wild animal from your first rabbit to the biggest stag gets the fever! I've seen royal marines take 3 shots to nail a broadside red stag at that range, even they get it wrong.

When i was working as a keeper we had a no neck/head shot policy for guests as this was when it was more likely to go wrong. :yes:

a good policy :thumbs:.

i enjoyed the footage. john maybe you should stick to the deer. if you cant show respect to the fox you would be better leaving that task to someone that can :hmm:

apart from that small observation. i enjoy your posts :D

Thanks for your wee observation, but I like deer stalking and LOVE killing foxes, I have just zeroed my 7mm rem mag with 110gr speer TNT hollow points @ 3,600 fps. Now thats respect. :thumbs:

cant argue with that :laugh:

left .223 55gr vmax.................. right 7mm rem mag 110gr TNT hp

7mm.jpg

Hi John ignore the messers, l enjoy reading your posts. I feel like l am learning just by reading all the lads on here's posts. l am just about to receive my first deer calibre rifle this coming Monday so that l can get familiar with the .270 calibre and new rifle before l go for a DSC1. I noticed your picture above and it shows quiet a big size difference between .223 and 7mm mag. Im just inquiring are they home loads or factory ammo?

cheers Callum

They are both home loads.

The .223 isnt mine.

I have a .222 mag, 22250,6.5x55 and 7mm.

I tend to use factory these days.

York guns had some federal premium loaded with nosler partition- they were £64.95 for 20.

I got trophy bonded bear claw for £45. :icon_eek:

The .223 isnt mine.

York guns had some federal premium loaded with nosler partition- they were £64.95 for 20.

Wow the federals are expensive! icon_eek.gif

I take it you got the trophy bonded bear claws at a good price.

Would home loads not work out cheaper? I hope so because that's the route lm taking.

cheers Callum

Edited by mangy1983

The .223 isnt mine.

Wow the federals are expensive! icon_eek.gif

I take it you got the trophy bonded bear claws at a good price.

Would home loads not work out cheaper? I hope so because that's the route lm taking.

cheers Callum

The bonded B.C. were the right money.

I do use handloads, but its a time issue I only really H.L for the 22250 and that is for ultimate accuracy, not price.

The .223 isnt mine.

:shok: That must have made a Yorkshireman's eyes water at that price :cry::cry::tongue2:

Just out of curiousity John what do you throw at roe through the 7mm ?

ATB

Alan.