Well now ,being fortunate enough to have a 15000 acre estate in my family which hold alot of deer, plus other ground i have permission on i am always more than happy to invite people down to stalk , pigeon shoot , vermin control whatever, but i feel icould not invite John Robbo down as i wouldnt have enough room to accomadate his ego or his head let alone the amount of rifles and gear he has , as i have said on here befor whatever we choose to hunt we owe it to ourself and the quarry to do it in a very humane proffesional way to cause as little suffering as possible , now yes we do all miss at times but to be proud of the fact that it took 3 shots to kill a deer and then post it on a open forum , beggers beliefe.

happy hunting .

Again you have taken the post out of contex, it was to show that the fever can at some time hit anyone even experienced stalkers.

No harm came from this video nothing suffered. Only the clients pride.

An invite is always nice, but I get so many to hunt here and abroad I would probably have to decline it anyway.

And i'm out on my 15,000 acres every day with clients so have little time to stalk for pleasure.

regards John

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do people get "bitchy" when someone tells it like it is! John hides nothing,The good and the not so good comes out . Because thats REAL LIFE! Shit happens from time to time and we can only pray

.....as they say 'third time lucky'.

I bow to your wisdom matey. Dont think this would have got infected. And if you have not ever noticed on any of the videos I always have my dog so follow ups are never a problem. And if you've neve

Your right John i do shoot a load of foxes and Deer and Rabbits And pigeons but to put Pictures on here IMO upsets as many people as like to see it,You only have to look at the comments about the cubs the other day,yes people do like to here whats going on around the country but pictures of animals with legs missing guts hanging out and so on does cause friction,and i believe does as much harm to the sport we are supposed to enjoy as it does good, eg look what happened to Fox hunting with hounds .I am not saying don't put pictures films or what ever on forums but just to be a bit more selective. And John i don't have a problem with you at all just your attitude you show towards the animals that are giving you a good living, you depict your self as a don't give a F..K person as long as you earn money the animals deserve respect.

Well it must be the way I write/post because any who have met me will tell you I do respect all my quarries, except fox.

I have been on the wrong end of fox damage to many times, I can no longer have any feelings for them and openly admit a great hatered for them.(i am sorry for that), but cannot help it and as long as it is legal for me to destroy them the litters and anything else which make life hard for them I will.

Since we are talking sensibly now,I must ask you (and doc) what did you think your first post of Money, money, money was going to accomplish other than stir me up.

I have been open and admit to making money and a living from a sport you enjoy.

It is my choice and I am very successful by results and by publishing the results.

Thats good bussiness, why should you get so upset by it and try to rail road a thread and drag the past up on an unrelated topic?

Many people also go on line on far more forums than me, again why the problem, you obviously do or you wouldn't see my posts on them?

I welcome your comments if they are directed in an intelligent honest mannor rather than just "having a go".

It is your opinion not to post photos its mine to publish them I respect yours you should respect mine.

regards john

Edited by john robbo

John i am just trying to show you that it is not always good for our sport to put such not so pleasant pictures on a forum, and as for what you do good luck to you ,but the way you put it over, to me and many others is a bit well shall we say could be edited just a tad.

they are edited.

and they are what they are, a true (to me)(and obviously the clients day) portrail of the days sport.

what ever people see or hear will not stop their opinion of deer/animals dying, when even in a clinical way when the animal still dies, and that in itself is unacceptable to some.

our views differ greatly, but i would expect you to respect mine and post constructivly and i will respect yours.

petty digs will just derail a topic and that causes "in fighting ",(which in itself stops others posting and kills a forum) as richey said we should be sticking together and respect any branch of the sport.

I agree I sometimes post without thinking alot but walking out the door this morning at 0335 might have something to do with that.

I do this every day and make my living doing it, I take novice and many experienced stalkers out daily and if you were out with me and were not happy with a backstop would I "bully" you into shooting-----NO. Its the same with them. No one would shoot if they weren't happy with the shot. Backstops are there the camera may or may not potray that.

I will carry on posting until admin stop me, and I have never had a warning on any site in 1,000's of posts. Because I have done nothing wrong or illegal.

So put your point accross by all means but not with snidy remarks.

Edited by john robbo

p.s. if my videos/photos are distatefull and you see a post with inc video or caught on film(by john robbo) theres a clue there. Don't watch it. As many many do enjoy watching them and i get many pm's and emails asking me to ignore responses like yours and carry on. Which I will.

Another thing you don't seem to have grasped is every time you post it brings the thread to the top so more people see what you don't like so in itself rather than the topic dying out your actions actualy get more people interested which is good for business, exactly what you don't like.

regards John

Edited by john robbo
  • Like 1

Why do people get "bitchy" when someone tells it like it is!

John hides nothing,The good and the not so good comes out .

Because thats REAL LIFE! Shit happens from time to time and we can only pray to resolve a problem as quick as we can.

John could have taken the guy to a target and he would have been fine.How could anyone

anticipate a panic shot.The problem was resolved by the client,all be it the third shot.

If that hadnt happened,I have no doubt John would have taken steps to resolve it himself.

The laughter is relief that a disaster was cut short! Anyone who hasnt experienced that after a problem session ,either hasnt shot enough or is a flaming liar.

I dont think John has anything to worry about .The majority of people see whats going on and cant be bothered getting involved with a dick measuring contest and stay well out of it .

John takes some stick on the forums from time to time .But at least he has the video,s online with nothing to hide really.

Will any of the others put up all their video,s good and bad?

I wont hold my breath.

As for advertising, Its a no brainer .He runs a business,of course he advertises!

Why shouldnt he?

• Like 3

Why do people get "bitchy" when someone tells it like it is!

John hides nothing,The good and the not so good comes out .

Because thats REAL LIFE! Shit happens from time to time and we can only pray to resolve a problem as quick as we can.

John could have taken the guy to a target and he would have been fine.How could anyone

anticipate a panic shot.The problem was resolved by the client,all be it the third shot.

If that hadnt happened,I have no doubt John would have taken steps to resolve it himself.

The laughter is relief that a disaster was cut short! Anyone who hasnt experienced that after a problem session ,either hasnt shot enough or is a flaming liar.

I dont think John has anything to worry about .The majority of people see whats going on and cant be bothered getting involved with a dick measuring contest and stay well out of it .

John takes some stick on the forums from time to time .But at least he has the video,s online with nothing to hide really.

Will any of the others put up all their video,s good and bad?

I wont hold my breath.

As for advertising, Its a no brainer .He runs a business,of course he advertises!

Why shouldnt he?

Thanks mate, this is this mornings deer, this lad shot his first with me which was a panic shot.

He has now become a very proficient shot/stalker and loves his time out with me.

Some would have writtten him off for his first deer and never given him chance to florish.

darren.jpg

:victory:

Edited by john robbo

2434me has hit the nail on the head to be fair.

I work in professional deer management, im employed and always have been by people with more money than i'll earn in my lifetime. Therfore ive no need to continuously post pictures and stories, i like to keep myself to myself, and enjoys others squabbling. Dont get me wrong though, its great reading foxdroppers outings, along with martins and local. These are guys who arent in full time deer jobs, but love getting out there and sharing there experiences with us, be grateful, they dont have to!

Then theres John... :icon_eek: only joking chap. People need to understand that this is his life, its what he does to live, to put food on the table. Put yourself in his shoes, id use every forum going to advertise and get my name out there with photos of deer and videos of shots, its free advertising and gets people talking which is what you want. Celebritys are only A list when there in the papers.....John only gets clients when he's being talked about.

Whilst i dont always agree with some of his videos, i just stay quiete, some of you are sensitive, some of you fly off the handle and yes some are jealous, you'd love to be doing his job and in his position to take these videos.

They get people chatting, for good and for bad.

Personally speaking i wouldnt have posted the video of 3 shots, BUT the chap got his deer, nothing was wounded and lost. job done. Ive been in situations when ive seen a slight graze of a bullet (less than johns photo) turn into a fully fly blown mess, so id argue that point at this time of year when the weather is warmer and a little more muggy...im not fussed though because he got his deer.

Id probably post a reply if hair blew off in chunks off its neck, he found blood but the deer ran off after getting up....but id like to think he wouldnt post a video like that! but it gets people talking!

So give the guy a break, and be thankfull he posts, if he didnt we would have to wait on foxdropper everytime he goes out and the other decent chaps on here.

If you think you can do better than him....go and prove it

John ,like many others on here ,tells it as it is whereas there are those who think the not so well placed shots should be hidden from public view.Give me the honest man anyday and steer me clear of the pretenders ,those that do a lot of talking but never commit any evidence .What is a hunting forum without truth ?.A shambles, full of pretenders with talk overriding facts .The killing of an animal whether for profit or personal satisfaction is always fraut with mis-calculations and as such we should acknowledge the facts ,discuss the facts and agree they arnt the norm.In the the past ive been guilty of giving John a hard time but his honesty throughout has made me see that hes Ok in my book and only strives to do the best for quarry and clients in that order .

wow meowe gents get a room the guy does an amazing job i love his posts as foxdropper and co say tell it how it is cause lets face it we cant all be experts like some people i for one if i could aford it would stalk with john any day he is a good man experianced stalker and i could learn loads from him and i do from his posts so please gents for the sake of us poor novices with little ground and even less gear let the man say it as it is and keep your non constructive comments and willy measuring to yourself :victory:

• Like 1

Doc for the record.

look at my signature, theres my web site.

also I have an advert in shooting times in the roe special coming out soon.(which all cost me, but is tax deductable).

Sporting rifle advertises me, as do alot of local gun shops and gun clubs.

I also have a large client base of regulars and have at least x4 police counties who send me novice stalkers for mentoring.

All these have access to you tube, my web site and any other way I communicate.

They all still send / recomend me. so as far as your view, your entitled to it, you will not stop the way I do things so save your breath.

If someone shoots a fox deer or whatever and the animal is dead, and they want a trophy from it be it antler tail or whatever, I have no problem with that, its dead and will go to the food chain or get thrown in the hedge to rot down.

Time for you to wake up and realise there are more ways to have a life/business than yours.

I could do things different, I don't and I do ok, so accept that, read the others views on here, many of whome carry far more respect then me (put together) and you ever will and let it drop.

People want and enjoy the photos/posts, people don't.

I will never please everybody all of the time.

You have quoted an old saying,

well so will I

one thats popular with yorkshire men.

take me as i am or fook off.

I might be "pork" but i don't want to be anything else. :thumbs:

All those contributing factors you mention are indeed what contribute to poor shooting along with piss poor preparation of kit,anxiety,pressure and weather conditions that you forgot to mention.None of us set out with these in mind but unfortunately they crop up during an outing especially the pressure issue when in company .I get it and i've shot thousands of deer.I know how to control it but others don't.Maybe we will see a few pics from you about your trips out or a vid or two but then again maybe not .Just to conclude, RE- Johns advertising ,there is a recession on mate or has that not reached the good ole USA yet,lol.

You are making yourself look a first class c**t mate with little or no understanding of the real world ,deluded tosser.My guess is you are an ex pat who hungers for the home country ,well f**k off we dont want you back .

well i am from working class and proud of it and i enjoy johns and others posts so if i am not of your class doc then thank fook as john says and im scottish through and through and dam proud of it keep you opinions to your self as i for one am sick of your rude and down right cheeky bombardment of pish so aye see ya and yeeee haaaaa :gunsmilie: