• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 john robbo

john robbo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 730 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:08 pm

Ah its roe buck time again and the crops are up meaning neck shots off the sticks.

So my average will drop now.

This is shown by kind permission of the client who was worried the does would discover us.

After looking down his scope at the deer making there way towards us it got to much and the fever kicked in.

You will see the doe who is nearer jump and he thought they were much closer from the view in the scope.

the buck was actually about 85m's and his neck was just creased cutting hair.

it was finally shot at about 50m's.

the gun is an UN-moderated .308.

The shots were ALL safe I assure you so NO comments on that please.

#2 Bobo

Bobo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 939 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:34 pm

Hey we've all done it. I liked your almost uncontrolable laughter. What a good sport for letting it be shown. :thumbs:

#3 Fidgety

Fidgety

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:40 pm

Good footage ...I've never had the confidence to take a neck shot.

#4 dave1372

dave1372

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:29 pm

.....as they say 'third time lucky'.:thumbs:
  • RabbitController likes this

#5 marlin vs

marlin vs

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:20 am

Good video,fair play for showing it john robbo,everyone has day's like that but wouldn't dare show them. :thumbs:

#6 john robbo

john robbo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:28 pm

Posted Image

I bow to your wisdom matey.
Dont think this would have got infected.
And if you have not ever noticed on any of the videos I always have my dog so follow ups are never a problem.
And if you've never got it wrong mate you know the old saying..."You aint shot enough".
I also think you are very brave coming from a country where bow hunting and pistols are still used some of the deer being followed up the following day after the arrow has allowed the animal to travel great distances before bleeding out.
over to you cowboy.

Edited by john robbo, 24 May 2011 - 02:34 pm.

• lapin2008 likes this

#7 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:11 pm

Professional..............Stalker ............MONEY. MONEY . MONEY

#8 john robbo

john robbo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:27 pm

Professional..............Stalker ............MONEY. MONEY . MONEY

Agreed after all if it wasn't i'd be an ametuer.
Would you like to see what arrived in the post today courtousy of Zeiss
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your post just read jealous, jelous, jelous. LOL
  • toby1066 likes this

#9 IanB

IanB

------

• Administrator
  • 11,139 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:16 pm

Well done John, as you say the dogs there for backup...nice zeiss kit too, too spoilt man...:angel:

#10 riggers

riggers

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:29 pm

lol i loved that read and video thanks to your client for sharing nice buck thanks for sharing it john

#11 john robbo

john robbo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:34 am

I bow to your wisdom matey.
Dont think this would have got infected.
And if you have not ever noticed on any of the videos I always have my dog so follow ups are never a problem.
And if you've never got it wrong mate you know the old saying..."You aint shot enough".
I also think you are very brave coming from a country where bow hunting and pistols are still used some of the deer being followed up the following day after the arrow has allowed the animal to travel great distances before bleeding out.
over to you cowboy.

As I've already posted "There's a fine line between arrogance and stupidity. Which is frequently demonstrated by Johns videos and posts around the various shooting forums as he attempts to tout for business." True to form we haven't be disappointed on both counts.

Carry on cross posting across the forms Robbo as you attempt to tout for business.

like I said brave man. and yes I am a member of x3 sites whats the problem with that.
Jealous, jealous,jealous.
See you all when I get back from this mornings stalking and going to the BANK LOL ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££,sssss
  • toby1066 likes this

#12 THE STALKER

THE STALKER

Mr Clumsy

• Members
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:50 am

Mr robbo i dont need to show off the gear i have as believe me there is no jealousness in me as i could buy your gear and your ass 10 fold so thats not the problem.But you put post on here about your out with a client and come across a litter of foxes and you slaughter them and them mutilate the carcases and then say it was like the Alamo, you put photos up with shots with doggie back stops to say the least,then you put a vid up of your client shooting at a Roe three times with a 308 very professional client ,you made sure he was a good shot before letting him loose on live quarry ,you should take a spud gun with you and let him practice a bit but then you both laugh at what went on very professional.And to top it all you call a member on here with American background and wait for it...................................A COWBOY. THERE I REST MY CASE........LMFAO

#13 Richie10

Richie10

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:19 am

John,
I have met you and you are a nice chap. As for making money we all have to and luckily you do it doing something you enjoy and many others do too.
My only problem I had with the post and it is your own personal view, was knocking another persons sport. Bowhunting works the same way as shooting does killing in the most part with blood loss. The same outcome comes from shooting it badly with a gun or arrow and both have the power to express the same damage.
As for the video, it happens, but maybe people are more concerned about it being shown and showing it would always come with criticism.

Cheers

Rich

#14 bossman999

bossman999

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:43 am

Well now ,being fortunate enough to have a 15000 acre estate in my family which hold alot of deer, plus other ground i have permission on i am always more than happy to invite people down to stalk , pigeon shoot , vermin control whatever, but i feel icould not invite John Robbo down as i wouldnt have enough room to accomadate his ego or his head let alone the amount of rifles and gear he has , as i have said on here befor whatever we choose to hunt we owe it to ourself and the quarry to do it in a very humane proffesional way to cause as little suffering as possible , now yes we do all miss at times but to be proud of the fact that it took 3 shots to kill a deer and then post it on a open forum , beggers beliefe.
happy hunting .

#15 john robbo

john robbo

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 730 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:05 am

John,
I have met you and you are a nice chap. As for making money we all have to and luckily you do it doing something you enjoy and many others do too.
My only problem I had with the post and it is your own personal view, was knocking another persons sport. Bowhunting works the same way as shooting does killing in the most part with blood loss. The same outcome comes from shooting it badly with a gun or arrow and both have the power to express the same damage.
As for the video, it happens, but maybe people are more concerned about it being shown and showing it would always come with criticism.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks rich, i take your comments on board as they are constructive, I used the bow hunting as an example and dont have a problem with it As for him bringing the foxes up I stand by it I will kill foxes by any legal means and why not post about it, its legal. He (the stalker shoots loads of foxes) but never any or many photos? they are just words without.
As for the more money thing then he's just an arse and I was again taking the wee out of myself (because it is about the money), its my living and pays the bills.
His problem is with me nothing else.
He hides behind an alias where as i don't and have to stand by everything i post.
If he has nothing good to say why pull anothers posts down (i am only retaliating) in my opinion if all we wrote about was killing a few foxes(loads of them) and never supplied a photo or film or two these forums would die out of boredom, at least threads like this get people talking. for good and bad.
Rant over and sorry if you read my post wrongly RICH (i appolagise), I never intended it to look bad on bowhunting only as a comparrison.
P.s. And as said in my origional post the deer was creased on the 1st shot(how badly I did not know) so follow up shots were allowed to be taken.
The laughter (in contex) was relief of getting the job done.
I have never had any arguement that the 1st shot should even have been taken at all as I did not call it (but that was the effect of the fever and the client panicing).

Edited by john robbo, 25 May 2011 - 10:28 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users