scope for a 22lr

I had a nikko sterling gameking scope on my air rifle and thought it was crap, it may of just been that scope as I got it with the gun second hand. If you are looking at a good budget priced scope then I can recomend the SMK scopes. I have one on my .22 rimmy and my FAC air rifle and think they are graet, mine is the 4-16x50 illuminated. The clarity is as good as if not better than my hawke scope costing twice as much and its as good in low light as the hawke.

Depending on the zoom and wether you need it illuminated or not you can get one for £30 upto £70.

If you look in the scope reveiw section I actually did a reveiw comparing this to the Hawke.

Basically you get just what you pay for, there's nothing like quality in a precision optical instrument. Get the very best that you can afford. I have tried several makes now, cheap scopes, which have all let me down in some way or another. :thumbdown:

I eventually decided upon & purchased a second hand mint condition Leupold VX-II 3-9x50mm for £150 to pair to my Sako Finnfire .22lr, its never let me down, keeps its zero perfectly even though I have to remove it from the rifle every time I lock it away, due to a shallow cabinet.

Don't go for the cheap option but shop around, there's bargains to be found & its cheaper by far in the long run. :thumbs:

NO.

Basically you're never going to get a good scope unless you pay the money, trust me, i learnt the hard way!

Buy from top quality makers, not top quantity makers.

That way you will have a good scope and will last years if looked after!!

WHEN I GOT MY CZ452 22 LR I WAS ADVISED TO GET THE BEST SCOPE I COULD AFFORD SO I WENT FOR A LEUPOLD WORKING ON THE THEORY THAT I WOULD CHANGE MY GUNS AT SOME TIME BUT MY LEUPOLD WILL STAY WITH ME THE LEUPOLD RANGE IS FIRST CLASS AND EVEN NOW THE EXCHANGE RATE IS 11/2 $ TO THE POUND SO STILL WORTH WHILE USING THE INTERNET TO SEARCH THE STATES FOR GOOD DEALS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND TO NONE I HAVE TRIED OTHERS BUT FOR THE MONIE ITS LEUPOLD FOR ME.

• Like 1