largest harris's

banjo14

hi everyone i would like to here what the largest harris's that you have seen or flown and also who bred them.

mine flys at 2.14 and is fat at 3.6 ish and was bred by jasper65 on this site.

heres a pic of mine a bit tatty now as she has had a hard winter on hares.

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my female flys at 2.10 and is over 3lb fat. it isnt always size that matters though

Posted Images

hi everyone i would like to here what the largest harris's that you have seen or flown and also who bred them.

mine flys at 2.14 and is fat at 3.6 ish and was bred by jasper65 on this site.

heres a pic of mine a bit tatty now as she has had a hard winter on hares.

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00780.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

probably te biggest female ive heard of if shes killing at 2 14 she looks a cracker and a credit to jasper for breeding her id like to know what the males flew at out of this clutch good luck with her next season :thumbs:

Spot on Banjo! she's a real credit to you mate :thumbs: wish all of them went to falconers as commited as yourself.

Mick1212

they all come out different with some females and males making way above average weights and other's which are still a decent size! but certainly not all as big as Banjo's.

the mother to the pair is a very large bird who is 17 now, the father on the other hand is pretty average and was originaly imported in by the BFC a good few years ago for their old apprentiship scheme, I picked him up when he was a few years old and now he around 21 years old and still doing the business.

I left them to run off just the one clutch this year due to their age and also there's too many being bred as it is :thumbs:.

Jasper

Spot on Banjo! she's a real credit to you mate :thumbs: wish all of them went to falconers as commited as yourself.

Mick1212

they all come out different with some females and males making way above average weights and other's which are still a decent size! but certainly not all as big as Banjo's.

the mother to the pair is a very large bird who is 17 now, the father on the other hand is pretty average and was originaly imported in by the BFC a good few years ago for their old apprentiship scheme, I picked him up when he was a few years old and now he around 21 years old and still doing the business.

I left them to run off just the one clutch this year due to their age and also there's too many being bred as it is :thumbs:.

Jasper

good stuff jasper i fly a male at 1 6 hope i wont need another for a while but if i did id certainly be wanting 1 from you good luck for the coming season

good stuff jasper i fly a male at 1 6 hope i wont need another for a while but if i did id certainly be wanting 1 from you good luck for the coming season

I have a male here Mick that I kept back in 2004 for my lad, I only flew him for a couple of months at the most as he totaly lost interest :doh:. I finally loaned him to pal who had him up until last year for flying, by all accounts he was taking Bunny's and Hunting best at around 1.9! no doubt he'll fly heavier than this but it sounds like this is roughly his Hunting weight.

I weighed him when I got him back and he was a tad over 1.13 :thumbs:.

Jasp

• 2 months later...

I have a male here Mick that I kept back in 2004 for my lad, I only flew him for a couple of months at the most as he totaly lost interest :doh:. I finally loaned him to pal who had him up until last year for flying, by all accounts he was taking Bunny's and Hunting best at around 1.9! no doubt he'll fly heavier than this but it sounds like this is roughly his Hunting weight.

Jasp

hiya jasper northern irish lad here ..... any working harrisis for sale that you know of???? cheers stop.end

Fook me that's a big bird..is it one of them superior's Jasper.. :tongue2:;) .

Keep this quiet mate but its been crossed with a Rhode Island Red. seen one of these crosses run down a Hare and peck it to death :angel:

Jasp

Jasp

hiya jasper northern irish lad here ..... any working harrisis for sale that you know of???? cheers stop.end

Hows it going Irish Lad :thumbs:, wish I could help you mate, the male I mentioned above has now been handed over to a nice young lady to fly. I have a young female which a guy is supposed to be taking this week still in the aviary with her parents now coming up to 15 weeks, if he pulls out It'll be available again. there's normally a few knocking about on the IBR but be careful mate as there's plenty of messed up Hawks out there either in the rearing or handling....

Jasp