My new Sandwell Field Sports tuned HW95 .20 cal

Nice rifle pal :thumbs: , i have only ever shot with a .22 hw97k which i ended up borrowing for a while off a friend and i loved it , needless to say he wont sell me it :cry: ....anyhow ... Hope you have many a happy hunting days with ur new bit of kit bud .atb .Chris

• 8 months later...

Hi mate, I have recently purchased a new hw97 and my father has purchased a 2nd hand Hw95k in average condition for my son. I was wondering what SFS does when tune a rifle, how much it costs, and is it worth doing? The hw95 .177 My son has seems a bit lively and is dieseling even after 200 shots. Your feed back would be appreciated. Darren

Hi mate, I have recently purchased a new hw97 and my father has purchased a 2nd hand Hw95k in average condition for my son. I was wondering what SFS does when tune a rifle, how much it costs, and is it worth doing? The hw95 .177 My son has seems a bit lively and is dieseling even after 200 shots. Your feed back would be appreciated. Darren

hi Darrenm

Tony works his magic on them spring rifles very well :thumbs:

makes a good spring rifle excellent rifle, I think it costs about £70.00 ?

contact here!

http://www.sandwellfieldsports.co.uk/

Davy

Another 20 calibre convert! :victory:

You will grow to love the calibre, it is the best calibre for hunting, I don't care what all the other pundits say, when you consider the blend of requiremnets, the 20 calibre has something of them all. With the compromises from one end of the calibre spectrum to the other, the 20 calibre has the best blend of those comromises,no question. I will not use anything else now, except my .22 SLR98, but have found that 14gr Defiants go very well indedd thrugh her barrel, so she is very close to the 20 for aiming holds.

20 calibre AND self contained.The best of both worlds. I have just bought a Huntsman in 20 calibre....I hope it wasn't a mistake going for a PCP. :hmm:

Edited by Acuspell

That's it, I'm really going to have to get a HW 95! I just love the look of them, might even give .20 a crack, just to jump on a band wagon!

How much does the lighter weight effect recoil, compared to a HW 77or 97?

most folk love them, i didnt get on with mine at all cos it was too light for my ham fisted self, found it bounced a bit too but that could've been just mine as no one else seems to find it a problem. personally i'd have an '80 again if i wanted a break barrel(in fact i still cuss meself for flogging mine), it just felt more stable on aim, and i was shedloads more accurate with it.