2 Cub fox last night with 12 bore

I find the photo a sad sight but not the killing of cubs. I've reluctantly had to do similar things myself concerning fox control but would never put a photo on a public forum. It's a poor decision by what I take is a young lad getting over-excited by killing a couple of young animals. It looks like he couldn't wait to get it on the screen, just look at how the title's worded. Do it by all means but show a lttle discretion.

Spot on, we all concour its a job that may need to be done, just dont see the need to advertise it on here for the world to see, its not something that should be hidden, but neither is it something to advertise imo...............

..nor brag about..

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that's what folk confuse.   People are not disturbed because they hate the thought of foxes dying, or because they believe they own all the foxes, or because they want to run the foxes with

you might find it sad mate but a sadder photo would be a release pen those two had got into or when they squeezed under the electric fence on a free range chicken farm and got to the sheds when theyre

I think the lad that shot these cubs is bigging it up because if they were going to be that much of a problem on a shoot then the keeper wouldn't of let them get that big would he? infact they probabl

why hide it ? its legal and needs to be done , be it young or old.

all it is is a bitter pill by dog lads.

get over it , you will never kill out the foxes , one may keepers shoot 100+ EVERY year and they keep coming back , cubs are lethal this time of year.

i still dont understand why people just cant support other peoples sport / living .

get over it

You are consistently one of the biggest knobs on here.

If folk really need to explain it to you, you're never going to understand it.

It's got nowt to do with killing anything.

And it's got even less to do with the means of dispatch, despite the way you would like to simplify it.

It's about an attitude.

get over it , you will never kill out the foxes , one may keepers shoot 100+ EVERY year and they keep coming back , cubs are lethal this time of year.

i still dont understand why people just cant support other peoples sport / living .

get over it

And it's got even less to do with the means of dispatch, despite the way you would like to simplify it.

It's about an attitude.

have a word with yourself ffs . its no different then killing young rabbits and the airgun section is full of pics of young kits or even the terrier section where pics where shown of dead blind cubs . i dont need anything explained to me i will carry on doing what i have done for years.

i bet you had a heart attack in the fox shooting gallery http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/60736-fox-shooting-gallery/page__st__120

you dont like my opinion then that fine but why the name calling lol

Edited by chimp
  • Like 1

Very strange mentality these shooters have got. There are plenty who carry out fox control year round, but dont feel the need to post about it. Thats not hiding it, it's called 'discretion'.

• Like 1

.........happy hunting fella......ignore the negative posts.

A lot of guys like the holier than thou attitude when posting stuff as it makes them feel like they are in the hierarchy of the forum.:whistling:

As for 'some' of the negative posters...it is the usual bitchiness between shooters and dogmen which does get boring after a while ...... not ok to shoot foxes with rifles but it is ok to run your dog after quarry for them to get ripped with barbed wire and broken legs :whistling: .

Post what photos you like fella as the last time I looked there is no rule against it....but a wee write up would help put it into context.:thumbs:

• Like 1

get over it

It's about an attitude.

have a word with yourself ffs . its no different then killing young rabbits and the airgun section is full of pics of young kits or even the terrier section where pics where shown of dead blind cubs . i dont need anything explained to me i will carry on doing what i have done for years.

i bet you had a heart attack in the fox shooting gallery http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/60736-fox-shooting-gallery/page__st__120

you dont like my opinion then that fine but why the name calling lol

What you do is what you have to do, fine by me, i never knocked anyone for doing what needs to be done. I just find the folk who feel the need to stick up photos of dead young uns in a desperate attempt to gain kudos and acceptance from a bunch of internet strangers, and acknowledgment of their 'kills', a bit f*****g weird.:thumbs:

You are doing a job that needs to be done mate, well done for that. Sadly the sight of young ones being killed can sometimes cause controversy. Most of us know that it goes on and most of us have done it but we tend not to publicise the more sensitive parts of the job. Don't let it put you off, just be a bit more selective as to what you post on a public forum. ;)

A lot of guys like the holier than thou attitude when posting stuff as it makes them feel like they are in the hierarchy of the forum.:whistling:

As for 'some' of the negative posters...it is the usual bitchiness between shooters and dogmen which does get boring after a while ...... not ok to shoot foxes with rifles but it is ok to run your dog after quarry for them to get ripped with barbed wire and broken legs :whistling: .

Post what photos you like fella as the last time I looked there is no rule against it....but a wee write up would help put it into context.:thumbs:

i work lurchers and i use 12g, so i am not for one sport or the other. And yes if dog lads have killed cubs, its the same as the shooters, if both have done it for pest control . You not going to say no if the keeper ask you to ,as he is having trouble and birds are getting killed. Regards which you choose dog or gun its up to each person, as both are deadly when used right. But i still wouldnt put pics of cubs on here, as i said before it will kill your sport in the End . The Ban with dogs came because joe public dont like the (cuddly) foxes being killed, and if they thought they could stop cubs being killed for what ever reason belive me they feckin would :thumbdown: .As i said keep things like this to youe self, or there will only one loser us. :yes:

i work lurchers and i use 12g, so i am not for one sport or the other. And yes if dog lads have killed cubs, its the same as the shooters, if both have done it for pest control . You not going to say no if the keeper ask you to ,as he is having trouble and birds are getting killed. Regards which you choose dog or gun its up to each person, as both are deadly when used right. But i still wouldnt put pics of cubs on here, as i said before it will kill your sport in the End . The Ban with dogs came because joe public dont like the (cuddly) foxes being killed, and if they thought they could stop cubs being killed for what ever reason belive me they feckin would :thumbdown: .As i said keep things like this to youe self, or there will only one loser us. :yes:

I understand where you are coming from to a certain degree, however my understanding is the ban came into effect mainly because of the public perception that hunting with dogs was cruel to foxes....not because they don't like foxes being killed (although a great deal don't). Whether people are more or less emotive because they see a picture rather than read a write up of a dead fox is irrelevant because it is dead in both scenarios. By that logic, if we aren't allowed to have a hunting related forum that is fundamentally about animals that have been hunted (by whatever means people prefer) then we might as well give in to the antis and shut down all hunting forums. I don't mean this to be a argumentative reply, just a different point of view. :thumbs:

I dont have a problem knocking over cubs before the covers too high and they split up ,and maybe the guy should of added a few words to the photo ,or no put the photo up .But why its perfectly legal what hes done its bad enough lock tugging to the antis who watch this board with out kissing ass to the guys that sit on here all day

So folk honestly believe that half of what is shot and stuck up on here is done as really necessary pest control, rather than to 'score' some points and look the big man? Not everywhere is a game shoot, and as has been said, how many game shoots would be up for a teenage lad with a shotty wandering about at night. Kill what needs killing, but get some respect for it ffs, and stop thinking it makes you cool / a big man, anyone can point a stick and pull a trigger. I've read through the lads past posts and they are, shooting two cubs, shooting another fox, only winging it and needing to finish it off, shooting a fox through the neck and then losing it as it ran off, and farting while talking to a farmer and getting chucked off a farm :icon_eek: The efficient pestie in action eh?

Edited to add - And why do lads with guns ALWAYS bring it back to dogs vs guns as soon as they are asked / told something they don't like to sound of?

Edited by Ideation