2 Cub fox last night with 12 bore

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that's what folk confuse.   People are not disturbed because they hate the thought of foxes dying, or because they believe they own all the foxes, or because they want to run the foxes with

you might find it sad mate but a sadder photo would be a release pen those two had got into or when they squeezed under the electric fence on a free range chicken farm and got to the sheds when theyre

I think the lad that shot these cubs is bigging it up because if they were going to be that much of a problem on a shoot then the keeper wouldn't of let them get that big would he? infact they probabl

I think that's what folk confuse.

People are not disturbed because they hate the thought of foxes dying, or because they believe they own all the foxes, or because they want to run the foxes with their dogs. Many here would do it if needed in a second.

They are disturbed because, what exactly compels someone to post up a photo of two dead cubs on a public internet forum looking for a pat on the back and some kind of recognition from a bunch of folk they don't know?

Always seems to be the young or the dumb, desperate for some kudos.

There is also the fact that it's a job that needs doing, but not one that most country men would take any 'pleasure' or 'joy' in, it's called respect.

JMO.

Jai.

Edited by Ideation
  • Like 3

I think that's what folk confuse.

People are not disturbed because they hate the thought of foxes dying, or because they believe they own all the foxes, or because they want to run the foxes with their dogs. Many here would do it if needed in a second.

They are disturbed because, what exactly compels someone to post up a photo of two dead cubs on a public internet forum looking for a pat on the back and some kind of recognition from a bunch of folk they don't know.

Always seems to be the young or the dumb, desperate for some kudos.

There is also the fact that when it's a job that needs doing, but not one that most country men would take any 'pleasure' or 'joy' in, it's called respect.

JMO.

Jai.

Exactly

Some of my teaching rubbing off i see mate :victory: .Dont worry about the moaners on here ,they never go away .They aint their foxes either so feck em .You keep it up as per the landowners request and dont forget my invite .

i done just what you tought me.

criste did my mum and dad go mad aswell lol speek soon.

I find that a sad photo.:(

you might find it sad mate but a sadder photo would be a release pen those two had got into or when they squeezed under the electric fence on a free range chicken farm and got to the sheds when theyre a couple of months older :wallbash: makes no difference to me what age they are on the shoots/farms we do the foxing on, if we find a litter, after we get the adults, a fox is a fox, they all grow into the same thing so the cubs will be dealt with. not always a pleasant job but its vermin control after all.

i dont suppose anybody would say a thing if the lad had shot a bagful of branching rooks :blink:

keep at em RC :thumbs: is that a single barrel baikal your using mate ? had one myself years ago.

• Like 3

Wouldn't be so bad if there was a bit of a write up to go along with the picture. :hmm: Just putting a picture up of two freshly shot cubs looks like bragging... :hmm:

Attention seeking more like, hes deluding himself, but not the true sportsman. vermin control my arse

wheres the sport in that , on a game shoot yes you have to control foxes but was this a game shoot or just over the back field , id think the latter as no keepers going to let some youngun wander around loose with a shotgun, i just can t get my head around this shoot everything that moves philosophy everything deserves the right to life god knows i kill enough but i let them have a life first , we have rifle s that come out of bristol shoot anything and i mean anything even the farriers horse a few months ago and just leave the carcase where it falls even deer just left to rot mostly shooting from the roads as they have no permission IMO there not sportsmen there on par with kiddy fiddlers and rapists

• Like 2

I find that a sad photo.:(

you might find it sad mate but a sadder photo would be a release pen those two had got into or when they squeezed under the electric fence on a free range chicken farm and got to the sheds when theyre a couple of months older :wallbash: makes no difference to me what age they are on the shoots/farms we do the foxing on, if we find a litter, after we get the adults, a fox is a fox, they all grow into the same thing so the cubs will be dealt with. not always a pleasant job but its vermin control after all.

i dont suppose anybody would say a thing if the lad had shot a bagful of branching rooks :blink:

keep at em RC :thumbs: is that a single barrel baikal your using mate ? had one myself years ago.

I find the photo a sad sight but not the killing of cubs. I've reluctantly had to do similar things myself concerning fox control but would never put a photo on a public forum. It's a poor decision by what I take is a young lad getting over-excited by killing a couple of young animals. It looks like he couldn't wait to get it on the screen, just look at how the title's worded. Do it by all means but show a lttle discretion.

Some things you should keep to your self, killing young animals will always kill the sport you are in quicker than (lightning-flash). It was the death of hunting with dogs and that was on mature animals, so fecks knows how long it would be with shooters if joe public saw pics like this. Fox control for game birds or not, it would follow the ban like with dogs very quick :yes:

why hide it ? its legal and needs to be done , be it young or old.

all it is is a bitter pill by dog lads.

get over it , you will never kill out the foxes , one may keepers shoot 100+ EVERY year and they keep coming back , cubs are lethal this time of year.

i still dont understand why people just cant support other peoples sport / living .

get over it

• Like 1

I find the photo a sad sight but not the killing of cubs. I've reluctantly had to do similar things myself concerning fox control but would never put a photo on a public forum. It's a poor decision by what I take is a young lad getting over-excited by killing a couple of young animals. It looks like he couldn't wait to get it on the screen, just look at how the title's worded. Do it by all means but show a lttle discretion.

Spot on, we all concour its a job that may need to be done, just dont see the need to advertise it on here for the world to see, its not something that should be hidden, but neither is it something to advertise imo...............