Best way tomuscle your greys up

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

silky has a good point there hence why i walk mine and run him on the lure alongside my lurchers, he hasnt got loads of muscles like others you see at the track he is a racey dog and only small at 27

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give

a friend of mine has ahd a few x racers when he hasnt had a lurcher to run on some took foxes probably cause theyd never seen the sharp end before but some jacked once they saw it i rember a big black bitch he had went lamping one night caught a fox she got bit after that she used to kill them time and time again talk about fast she was fast guy said she kept getting disqualified for cutting other dogs up how true this is i dont know i dont know bout greyhound racing she went on to take deer hare foxes amongst other things :whistling: if shed off been a lurcher shed of been a good un just didint retrieve live to hand plan was to breed her to his wheaton dog but she wouldnt come in season :censored: i hope sometimes in the near future to get a few gryhounds for racing ill be coming to you scot hunter for a few tips.

if i can help or give you any advice mate,dont hessitate to ask,ill give you an honest opinion if i can.it wouldnt have got banned for cutting dogs up.it would have been for turning the head(fighting)some greys are a bit jinky.but i will say all the very best dogs i have ever seen,had some sort of quirk.some will fight if any dog gets close to it,others will fly out the traps and go 5 or 6 leghths clear,then they realise they are out there themselfs,they will slow down let a dog catch up to it,and then shoot of again.these dogs are no good for any type of distance.i wouldnt risk my hard earned on a dog like that.ive seen photo finishes where a dog has been beaten by head,cause it was looking at the dog next it.a greyhound should only have one thing on its mind,and thats that hare.it should be oblivious to anything around it.have to say those dogs i have described are f*****g superb at a 100yards dash race.and yes they are killing machines.no f*****g about with them lol they will pick up anything smaller than it,break its neck with a good hearty shake and toss the carcas up in the air.seen it far to many times.they have it down to an art lol having said that i love them dogs.like a fine tuned athlete and a joy to see run.

when getting a greyhound fit try to avoid galloping it flat out, make it work in long grass, very steep hills water or anywhere that it works hard without the speed or they stand a good chance of injuring themsels. We have had open race dogs end their racing lives galloping loose in a field.Steroids dont give a dog muscles, it just makes them able to take harder training so you can build bigger muscles. Laurabolin is the best it will also give your dog up to 5 lengths if used in the correct dose.

Mike...........

started with grews or greyhonds before lurchers powderhall sat nites and wallyford friday usd to slip them on hares wrong thing to do butt he chase was always my thing had had some well bred bitches to breed with ;llamped and coursed them learnt a trick or two after a winter of freedom and of other dogs working good fun the dogs

• Like 1

Wats the best way muscle your grey hounds up cheers

not read all topic mate,,,,,best way to muscle any running dog ,,,,is when pup,,,feed them well , let them eat as much as they want,,at right age good excirse,,,and when reach adult hood,,,if there on fat side,,,run the fat off them,,,reagular wormed is important ect ect

now if ur grey doesnt have the built off other greys ,,,dont worry about it,,,,speed , stamia and power comes in all shape and sizes,,,u spend pleanty time with a dog (racing ,hunting wotever,,,uve done ur best,,and got the best u can out off that dog,,,however it turns out,,,,,if u dont put in the effort,,,its the owners fault

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...