Best way tomuscle your greys up

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

silky has a good point there hence why i walk mine and run him on the lure alongside my lurchers, he hasnt got loads of muscles like others you see at the track he is a racey dog and only small at 27

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give

Wats the best way muscle your grey hounds up cheers

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give it takes 6 weeks to get dog fit just my opinion

• Like 1

i would call it how to condition your dog the muscles will start to show as your dog getts fitter walking is ok but you will never walk a dog fit you have to gallop them increasing the amount you give it takes 6 weeks to get dog fit just my opinion

• Like 1

silky has a good point there hence why i walk mine and run him on the lure alongside my lurchers, he hasnt got loads of muscles like others you see at the track he is a racey dog and only small at 27 1/2" he is fast enough though, i find you cannot get them fit with just road work or letting them off for a galop about for 20 mins you need to mix it up hence to condition him i have put him on formula along side the redmills gear which to date is working, i take him out (if i race friday) monday on the lure 4 slips straight line thats it, tuesday 4 slips again then rests until friday just getting lead walked for around 45mins and 15mins free walk (he wont just run off when let off the lead he's a cracker) i get him home feed him then spend about 1/2 hour rubbing/relaxing muscles and brushing him then he is free to wonder round the garden with the lurchers till 9pm when he comes into the house for the night.

i have found a perfect routine that seems to suit him well so far, so am sticking with it, mines only a baby (17month) has just started racing in the 440 first race friday gone he won by 3 lengths am well chuffed with him coming along well, he has also raced in the sprints 4 races and came 4th never ran before with other dogs 3rd the other 2 were flying and 1st in three races, however i had my reservations about him being a sprinter since i found the sire and dam (1 was long and the other middle distance runners).

i am by no means any sort of expert and do not claim to be i talk to people on here and ask what they would do in my position sometimes i go with them and try it out other times i dont but its always nice to find folk that are willing to help you out, this is my first pure grey and i could/probably am doing something wrong for other peoples liking but its working a treat so if it aint broke?? i am a lurcher man and thats what i love doing mooching about with the lamp, all im trying to do is to build his stamina and all round condition to the best it can be its all about putting the time in and you'l of heard a billion times before you get out what you put in be adaptable and try a number of differant things like road walking a few days, lure coursing, or having it around other dogs to get the feel of running with them mine has come on leaps and bounds as i say since i started running him along with the lurchers as in the first sprint he was nervous and bullied by the other dogs and was lucky to get 4th, trial and error is the word im looking for lol you will find something that works after a while just stick with it you know your dog better than anyone else. good luck in finding what works for you :)

Edited by tinklefod1
  • Like 3
  • 1 month later...

If you start off with 3 or 4 miles of road work twice a day for a month then start straight galoping twice a week over say 200yrd while your still out walking then increase til about 300 yrds every other day after 6/8 weeks you will see some change with your charge hope this helps

• 2 months later...

walk them,and run them.you can give them a run at any flapping track after the races,costs a quid or two for a run.rub them down a few times a week,tyhere plentyy liniments on the market.personally i used to use winter green and olive oil.pay particular attention to thier front and back leaders.if yu know a greyhound man get him to clean the back of its head out.dont try it yourself if you dont know what your doing.i found plenty of lengths in a dog who had never had it done.some lads dont do it but i assure you it works.

might be a silly question but......if a dog such as a bull x, greyhound etc was injected with a bulking up steriod such as sustanon would it build muscle? and similarly with the same dog injecting a ripping drug such as tremblone or winstrol would this rip the said dog?

just curious as i have seen a post or two where the picture posted is of the dog looking rather muscly and people have implied steriods being used. i know most of this is jealousy but is there or may there be some truth?

might be a silly question but......if a dog such as a bull x, greyhound etc was injected with a bulking up steriod such as sustanon would it build muscle? and similarly with the same dog injecting a ripping drug such as tremblone or winstrol would this rip the said dog?

just curious as i have seen a post or two where the picture posted is of the dog looking rather muscly and people have implied steriods being used. i know most of this is jealousy but is there or may there be some truth?

never injected any of my dogs with anything other than b12.

dont know about now,but certainly wasnt a problem back in my days.not saying it didnt happen.mostly lads used metatone or colevet tonic to give the dogs a wee boost.wasnt the getting them to go was my prob,it was stopping them lol

walk them,and run them.you can give them a run at any flapping track after the races,costs a quid or two for a run.rub them down a few times a week,tyhere plentyy liniments on the market.personally i used to use winter green and olive oil.pay particular attention to thier front and back leaders.if yu know a greyhound man get him to clean the back of its head out.dont try it yourself if you dont know what your doing.i found plenty of lengths in a dog who had never had it done.some lads dont do it but i assure you it works.

what does that mean scot?