It's a ferret :o

Edited by Ideation

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personalty I dont think a higher price guarantees any better keeper, you only have to go to the nearest dog pound to see just how many pedigrees they have in, someone paid a fair price for them at som

Terrier ferrets for sale £40 smaller then greyhound ferrets wont get stuck in net at all   Atb Dave

I got saluki ferrets here mate, guaurenteed to stay with the rabbit all day and never catch it

I would love to see some picts and the only quote the lads given is two hundred rabbits in a week .Well my ferreting season six month long how do they compare the rest of the season ?. i would love to see one of those ferrets on a big Febuary buck rabbit 12/16 foot down and see them clear a warren . Any time anybody questions him he resorts to name calling and cant give honest answers .I think a few folk might read this and think twenty five quid ferrets will help get them a few more rabbits time will tell .

Couple of posts up, click on the link, page 3, photos of the mythical 25 quid 'greyhounds' owned by 'Charming Dave'. :thumbs:

If they're greyhound fert's :hmm: I've got a few polecat ones :yes: its just I call mine "small"

No one is holding a gun to anybodies head to buy these ferrets, if you don,t like the price don,t buy simple. I have some of Daves stock and can personally vouch for their working ability. I belive that with all livestock you need to get the best stock you belive you can as a gene pool and thats regardless of price (cheap or expensive) When you,ve made your choice breed best to best and you,ll not have to buy again untill you need to out cross. As I,ve said I am more than happy with my stock and when I want to out cross I would not worry about paying £25 if it was the stock I belived would improve my line. "A fool and his money?" or good stockmanship,the choice is yours.

am not bothered by the price ,its the term used greyhound ferret ? if hes sellin them tiny ferrets that sit happily in a pint tumbler then there micro ferrets end off .he can always call them dashound ferrets or russell ferrets lol clear this up once and for all by posting some pics

I would love to see some picts and the only quote the lads given is two hundred rabbits in a week .Well my ferreting season six month long how do they compare the rest of the season ?. i would love to see one of those ferrets on a big Febuary buck rabbit 12/16 foot down and see them clear a warren . Any time anybody questions him he resorts to name calling and cant give honest answers .I think a few folk might read this and think twenty five quid ferrets will help get them a few more rabbits time will tell .

Couple of posts up, click on the link, page 3, photos of the mythical 25 quid 'greyhounds' owned by 'Charming Dave'. :thumbs:

If they're greyhound fert's :hmm: I've got a few polecat ones :yes: its just I call mine "small"

Aye mate, and greyhounds (dogs) are well known for their tiny size, so i can see how he came up with that one . . . . :blink:

Cheers mate. So not only is he a peddler of the first order, but also doesn't actually know what a 'greyhound' ferret is.

Now let me ask you to consider this logically! If you were looking at a line of true breeding ferrets, and gave them the name 'greyhounds', do you think it would be due to their tiny size? I mean logically, would you pick 'greyhound' to refer to a mini ferret???

:icon_redface: just seen the previous post so it is the tumbler ferrets i think to save confusion we should have a poll to give them a name because there not greyhound ferrets there micro ferrets ,regardless of how much they cost or well they work they deserve a name am sure the guys who buy them will test them out and post up if there any good ....

Cheers mate. So not only is he a peddler of the first order, but also doesn't actually know what a 'greyhound' ferret is.

Now let me ask you to consider this logically! If you were looking at a line of true breeding ferrets, and gave them the name 'greyhounds', do you think it would be due to their tiny size? I mean logically, would you pick 'greyhound' to refer to a mini ferret???

:icon_redface: just seen the previous post so it is the tumbler ferrets i think to save confusion we should have a poll to give them a name because there not greyhound ferrets there micro ferrets ,regardless of how much they cost or well they work they deserve a name am sure the guys who buy them will test them out and post up if there any good ....

Aye, i'm casting my vote for 'tumbler ferrets', or better yet 'mug ferrets' :whistling:

all my siock csme from a well known falconer from south wales greyhound ferrets not micro

only falconer who declares to have true greyhound type ferrets is shaun,posts reguarly on another forum for falconers who amazingly bicker about prices, type & breed of ferrets he charges £25 as well & has oreders 50 plus hmmmmm not same person is it dave ?

Aye, i'm casting my vote for 'tumbler ferrets', or better yet 'mug ferrets' :whistling:

FFS they're feckin ferrets its all these fancy names angora and the like that will feck the ferret world up.

:hmm: It is good to hear that some lads, are really putting time, thought,and effort, into the breeding of their ferrets.. :clapper:

For those of us who are keen on the rabbiting game, the loss of a good line of workers, is a bloody disaster.

It sometimes takes a fair old while to get back into the groove,.and you can go through a whole lot of unsuitable stock, before you find just what you are looking for. Locally,.we tend to stick to our own preferred line, and breed them fairly close. Obviously, at some point, you have to go outside of your family, and bring in a newcomer, but it is always a dangerous time, and not always an instant success..

Whatever,..a good working ferret, is a valuable asset,.no doubts about that...

All the best,.and roll on the Autumn.... :yes:

great post and answers all points ,40 kits at 25 quid and we all know even off working stock there will be only half a dozen that will make the grade another 6 will be half decent and the rest will pass though several homes or rescues before ending up as pets or in the ground ... if the 1 on the left is a greyhound what is the term for the 1 on the right :laugh:

FFS they're feckin ferrets its all these fancy names angora and the like that will feck the ferret world up.

agreed lets ask dave to amend his thread to small ferrets for sale job done :thumbs:

'Mug ferret' has a nice ring though mate, fit in mugs, bred by mugs and bought by mugs :thumbs:

here they are mate.

IMG_0204.jpg

686d5b3d.jpg

They look like very small albino ferrets quite russely as aposed to grey hound like ? There micros or greyhounds bred down for size as falconers are falconers and not ferreters , and I presume don't like diging

It gets on my tits that they can stick a silly name on a fert and then state "well reared and handled daily" :icon_eek: all my ferrets are exactly that but I don't stick a stupid price on them.Anything that you breed should be well reared.........otherwise you shouldn't be breeding anything.