kits greyhound

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personalty I dont think a higher price guarantees any better keeper, you only have to go to the nearest dog pound to see just how many pedigrees they have in, someone paid a fair price for them at som

Terrier ferrets for sale £40 smaller then greyhound ferrets wont get stuck in net at all   Atb Dave

I got saluki ferrets here mate, guaurenteed to stay with the rabbit all day and never catch it

='hunterdave' timestamp='1305968199' post='2069128']

i dont give a f**k what all you think worked them 4 years now and when up in scotland we boltat leaet 200 rabbits in the week so i no that thay work

Okay so one week they bolted a few rabbits how many did they bolt the other fifty one weeks of the year ??.

='hunterdave' timestamp='1305986607' post='2069488']

i could.nt give a f**k 40 ordered 25 a pop this time next rodney

I hope you do get them all sold but if they have all been ordered off of here id wait till i had the cash in my hand .whistling.gif

='hunterdave' timestamp='1305968199' post='2069128']

i dont give a f**k what all you think worked them 4 years now and when up in scotland we boltat leaet 200 rabbits in the week so i no that thay work

Okay so one week they bolted a few rabbits how many did they bolt the other fifty one weeks of the year ??.

you prick dont hunt summer

Makes me smile, you lot want a well reared ferret, that is tame and easy to handle, off good, proven working stock, and you want it for a fiver ! At £25, if you're any good, it will pay for itself in one outing ffs ! I've had ferrets work well for 8 years, if you payed £200 you'd still be quids in !

There is NO logic in that mate.

Any ferret bred should be well reared, tame, easy to handle and off good, proven working stock. Shouldn't that be the standard not some higher priced luxury model???

A higher price does not equate to a higher standard of ferret, and in general those selling for a higher price, are interested in the money rather than breeding the best.

In my opinion money and working animals do not mix well.

I have a litter just that this that was born a couple of days a go.

What is surplus to my requirements will go to new homes for free.

Ok, explain the logic in this then mate, a bloke a couple of doors down from me had kits for sale at the same time as me at a tenner each. We both relied on word of mouth to sell and most folks called on both of us, mine were £25. Though I had twice the number he had, mine sold first. I went round to see his for a bit of new blood, they were dirty, scrawny ,underfed biters, where as you could put mine down your shirt if you were that way inclined, I didn't bother with that new blood. Once the kids have grown up it takes a lot of time to handle a couple of big litters once, or in a lot of cases twice a day. Or I could nip down everyday or so, chuck food in, clean them out once a fortnight and sell them for a tenner. By the way folk I know, that will look after them right, get them for free. Regards Mike.

hopefully the higher price will mean they`l get looked after better ferrets owt to be a lot scarcer some have terrible lives and die in agony through neglect just because there so cheap an easy to pick up they deserve far better theyre an awesome hunting tool and at hundred notes theyd be a cheap buy

• Like 1

hopefully the higher price will mean they`l get looked after better ferrets owt to be a lot scarcer some have terrible lives and die in agony through neglect just because there so cheap an easy to pick up they deserve far better theyre an awesome hunting tool and at hundred notes theyd be a cheap buy

My sentiments exactly mate. Mike.

Makes me smile, you lot want a well reared ferret, that is tame and easy to handle, off good, proven working stock, and you want it for a fiver ! At £25, if you're any good, it will pay for itself in one outing ffs ! I've had ferrets work well for 8 years, if you payed £200 you'd still be quids in !

Any ferret bred should be well reared, tame, easy to handle and off good, proven working stock. Shouldn't that be the standard not some higher priced luxury model???

A higher price does not equate to a higher standard of ferret, and in general those selling for a higher price, are interested in the money rather than breeding the best.

Ok, explain the logic in this then mate, a bloke a couple of doors down from me had kits for sale at the same time as me at a tenner each. We both relied on word of mouth to sell and most folks called on both of us, mine were £25. Though I had twice the number he had, mine sold first. I went round to see his for a bit of new blood, they were dirty, scrawny ,underfed biters, where as you could put mine down your shirt if you were that way inclined, I didn't bother with that new blood. Once the kids have grown up it takes a lot of time to handle a couple of big litters once, or in a lot of cases twice a day. Or I could nip down everyday or so, chuck food in, clean them out once a fortnight and sell them for a tenner. By the way folk I know, that will look after them right, get them for free. Regards Mike.

Well mate, obviously i'd rather pay 25 for a well looked after ferret than 10 for a poorly looked after one.

But that's obvious.

I suppose some folk just see the extra ferrets they have when breeding a litter and think of the cash.

The only reason pretty much anyone i know breeds, is for their own stock, or because they have been asked for kits, and then every litter is well looked after as a matter of course and the ferrets go off for free, or for 5/10 just to cover a bit of food, but in reality raising a litter of kits for your own or friends use, is a pleasure in it self and hardly costly and any litter of animals bred and reared should always be done to the best standard possible, especially with working animals.

You are suggesting that everyone sees it as a cost vs gain venture, and if they are 'only' getting a tenner, then it's not worth putting in the effort, whereas if they are going to put in some effort they are going to want 25 quid??? That's a sad state of affairs and frankly crap on the most part.

If lads think that a well reared, clean kit is worth 25 quid, it encourages breeding willy nilly for cash, like the guy shooting his mouth off about it, "i got more cash in my pocket than you".

And just because they pay 15 quid more is not going to change the personality of someone who is going to treat their animals like shit.

Well mate, obviously i'd rather pay 25 for a well looked after ferret than 10 for a poorly looked after one.

But that's obvious.

I suppose some folk just see the extra ferrets they have when breeding a litter and think of the cash.

The only reason pretty much anyone i know breeds, is for their own stock, or because they have been asked for kits, and then every litter is well looked after as a matter of course and the ferrets go off for free, or for 5/10 just to cover a bit of food, but in reality raising a litter of kits for your own or friends use, is a pleasure in it self and hardly costly and any litter of animals bred and reared should always be done to the best standard possible, especially with working animals.

You are suggesting that everyone sees it as a cost vs gain venture, and if they are 'only' getting a tenner, then it's not worth putting in the effort, whereas if they are going to put in some effort they are going to want 25 quid??? That's a sad state of affairs and frankly crap on the most part.

If lads think that a well reared, clean kit is worth 25 quid, it encourages breeding willy nilly for cash, like the guy shooting his mouth off about it, "i got more cash in my pocket than you".

And just because they pay 15 quid more is not going to change the personality of someone who is going to treat their animals like shit.

Your right mate, about it being a pleasure, unfortunately it's a pleasure I don't really have time for, hence why I don't do it unless I need to. The way I see it is , if someone I don't know wants to benefit from my efforts to produce well reared , stupidly tame, 90% polecat crosses that work extremely well, they can pay the £25. It might make them value them more and to be perfectly honest if you knew me, you would know I don't give a feck about money. Any that don't sell , me and my mates will gladly keep. Mike.

Yes and come to me and thats what they get :yes: ..............£25 a ferret and some at £50 :icon_eek:

Yes and come to me and thats what they get :yes: ..............£25 a ferret and some at £50 :icon_eek:

I remember when ferrets cost 10 bob ( 50p in case you don't know ) mate, they were fed bread and milk, had their teeth snipped off and at the end of the season were flattened with a spade. Selling them for peanuts just encourages that type of disregard. Mike.

I remember when ferrets cost 10 bob ( 50p in case you don't know ) mate, they were fed bread and milk, had their teeth snipped off and at the end of the season were flattened with a spade. Selling them for peanuts just encourages that type of disregard. Mike.

Has I can mate and I disagree. :thumbs: