Just wondered howany people hit there dog when it plays up? I prefer not too unless thier being and absoute c*nt I tell them off and put them on their leads but if I have to it's only a tap on the nose. Just wondered what you lot do?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"back on the lead for the rest of the walk".......its not like putting a child on the naughty step you know? If it needs a shake or a kick up the arse it gets 1......And i can assure you my dogs 'like

On a rare ocation i have been knowing to bite there ear.

If its a lurcher, forget hitting it.......waste of time   If its a terrier..........leather the living shit out of the wee b*****d

Just wondered howany people hit there dog when it plays up? I prefer not too unless thier being and absoute c*nt I tell them off and put them on their leads but if I have to it's only a tap on the nose. Just wondered what you lot do?

If they play up they get a stern shake by the cheeks, if they continue they get a kick up the arse.

• Like 1

I tried it when attepting to stock break him and it pretty much fuked everything up like he wouldn't caine back when called I had to regain his trust I think putting him on his lead and keeping him tight on the lead works beg but I suppose not all dogs are te same

I tried it when attepting to stock break him and it pretty much fuked everything up like he wouldn't caine back when called I had to regain his trust I think putting him on his lead and keeping him tight on the lead works beg but I suppose not all dogs are te same

To be honest i was talking about when the dog is fully trained, should have stated that.... :doh: When training i try to be less physical with them for the reasons you have mentioned. But when you have a fully trained dog just acting up then you have to disipline it.....imo.. :thumbs:

nine times out of ten a physical correction isn't required with MOST dogs, depends on the individual temperament, although saying that my wheaten brings out a side of me that reaches for the hammer........

To be honest i was talking about when the dog is fully trained, should have stated that.... :doh: When training i try to be less physical with them for the reasons you have mentioned. But when you have a fully trained dog just

acting up then you have to disipline it.....imo.. :thumbs:

I meant in general not specific to age, my dog is 18 months still needs work only had him about 4 of them.

• Like 1

No dog needs to be hit. If you hit a dog then the dog wont trust or like you and as has been said its recall goes right down hill and so does every other part of training. If the dog doesnt like you it wont want to please you and so it will ignore your commands and stay out the way so it doesnt get another clump etc etc. If they know what the command "come here" or "sit" or "leave it" means and they want to please you you will never need to hit a dog.

The worse mine get is a hand around their chin to force eye contact and a stern voice making it clear im pissed off with them then back on lead for the rest of the walk. They get the message remarkably quickly!

• Like 1

nine times out of ten a physical correction isn't required with MOST dogs, depends on the individual temperament, although saying that my wheaten brings out a side of me that reaches for the hammer........

Maybe.....sure you can carry about a plastic bottle about full of stones and shake it when the dog does wrong......i just kick it up the arse. Seems to be working.... :yes:

No dog needs to be hit. If you hit a dog then the dog wont trust or like you and as has been said its recall goes right down hill and so does every other part of training. If the dog doesnt like you it wont want to please you and so it will ignore your commands and stay out the way so it doesnt get another clump etc etc. If they know what the command "come here" or "sit" or "leave it" means and they want to please you you will never need to hit a dog.

The worse mine get is a hand around their chin to force eye contact and a stern voice making it clear im pissed off with them then back on lead for the rest of the walk. They get the message remarkably quickly!

"back on the lead for the rest of the walk".......its not like putting a child on the naughty step you know? If it needs a shake or a kick up the arse it gets 1......And i can assure you my dogs 'like' me for the simple fact i am the one who feeds them.

Before we all go daft here i'm not talking about beating the dog to a pulp, i'm talking about a kick up the arse for its troubles.

• Like 4