best excuses

Guest cheesegrater

dogs deserve excuses made for them. Treat your dogs how you would treat your self sometimes, i make excuses for myself sometimes so i will excuse my dogs too sometimes. Those who never excuse their dogs are heartless and those who laugh at owners who do than i say to them that the owner knows his dog better than anyone else. It should be done moderately , not always make excuse. So if owner makes excuse, he knows his dogs more than you , he knows their weaknesses their fault and how they were brought up . If you dont or never make excuse for your self than fair enough. No man would ever go teeth to teeth with a fox because they all wanna have cheeks of a show dog .

Well I will say this , First off any mature, seasoned, terrier that will leave quarry in a sett after it has entered and engaged, before it was dug to and dispatched, is a cull, and should be used as backfill. If you witness a terrier perform such an act, you are looking at a quitter! period! YES SIR IT'S TRUE!!

That being said I have seen terriers engage in brushpiles etc., and come out only to shoot back in from a better angle. So I dont hold it against the worker to position itself better. I am talking about the ones that enter, engage, and then come out as if there is nothing there, or engage, take some stick and come out and refuse to re-enter.

Terriers are not machines, they are living flesh, and too many seem forget this. A lot of the young lads seem to forget what a working terrier's true job is and they get caught up in how the terrier finishes. (find,enter, and stay till dug to or dispatched) Thus making the finder/stayer priceless to me not the killer that cant find. All I ask is for them to find, enter, and stay until dug to or dispatched regardless if he is holding his quarry at bay or smashing it to bits when I get there. I feel a man only gets out of a terrier what he puts into a terrier. (Breeding, feeding,etc.) just my take fellows. all the best.

yeah i agree you cant make excuses for that quitting example you made , but how about if it was started late. Oh and i agree with the rest of what you said too, common sense.

Being started late has nothing to do with why any terrier would quit mate. I feel the only way we can contribute to a terrier quitting is poor care,(starved,or extremly sick from parasites (both internal and external) etc., or sheer abuse. The rest is up to them as an individual if they make the grade or not. Few will, most won't.

sorry it was edited before you posted , i meant to say early. But that excused you mentioned should be part of the best excuses . Ow i think it has parasites lol.

No, I said, EXTREMLY SICK FROM PARASITES. Such as heartworms etc., not because the fecker has some fleas, or roundworms. :thumbs:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I will say this , First off any mature, seasoned, terrier that will leave quarry in a sett after it has entered and engaged, before it was dug to and dispatched, is a cull, and should be used as

he is a good dog but doesnt like the dark

mine did that but came right out grab a stick wink at me and went back in mad an,t it

Masta, this is my take on terriers that were ruined due to starting too early=. They are just that, "RUINED". They were never properly tested because they were ruined before they aged enough to even begin. The fault lies within the owner and his/her stupidity but the harsh reality is the terrier quit, now, if it was the terriers fault or not we will never know, we just know he quit. That being said, I dont think the owner should make excuses, they should simply admit their own mistakes, learn from them, and do their best to prevent the same mistakes. Prime example as to why proper placement should take priority over money, this will keep good prospects away from the fecking morons that dont deserve a terrier if they cant rear and enter it properly. Any fool can ruin a young pup with 1 bad entering, Like I said mate, just my take. all the best. :thumbs:

Masta, this is my take on terriers that were ruined due to starting too early=. They are just that, "RUINED". They were never properly tested because they were ruined before they aged enough to even begin. The fault lies within the owner and his/her stupidity but the harsh reality is the terrier quit, now, if it was the terriers fault or not we will never know, we just know he quit. That being said, I dont think the owner should make excuses, they should simply admit their own mistakes, learn from them, and do their best to prevent the same mistakes. Prime example as to why proper placement should take priority over money, this will keep good prospects away from the fecking morons that dont deserve a terrier if they cant rear and enter it properly. Any fool can ruin a young pup with 1 bad entering, Like I said mate, just my take. all the best. :thumbs:

good post bud :thumbs:
Guest Leveller

"he comes out for a pee every 20 minutes"

"he's just coming back out to check we're still here"

"It's alright for you, you just pull up on the quad and take a fresh dog out of the box my dogs bound to be tired it's just walked two fields before he even enters the hole"

there must for being two in the pot he only single handed !!! :icon_eek:

i have actually seen a very good bitch do this when turned in if she got on and then showed breifly at the hole she would not show again you could guarantee there was more than one when i first seen this happen i thought what most lads would think and the owner new this himself he said to me that there will be more than one broke through and he was bang right you could put this down to luck but i seen it with my own eyes many times and seeing is believing if there was just the one she would not show but more and she would come to the mouth of the hole and shoot straight back and stay its a mad game this terrier lark and you couldnt fault this bitch atb ks

i have actually seen a very good bitch do this when turned in if she got on and then showed breifly at the hole she would not show again you could guarantee there was more than one when i first seen this happen i thought what most lads would think and the owner new this himself he said to me that there will be more than one broke through and he was bang right you could put this down to luck but i seen it with my own eyes many times and seeing is believing if there was just the one she would not show but more and she would come to the mouth of the hole and shoot straight back and stay its a mad game this terrier lark and you couldnt fault this bitch atb ks

mine did that but came right out grab a stick wink at me and went back in mad an,t it

• Like 1

do you honestly think i give a f**k what you think pal belive what you like wouldnt of believed it my self till seen it with me own eyes on many occasions keep at it you never know what you might see and this bitch didnt need the back up of a stick atb ks

do you honestly think i give a f**k what you think pal belive what you like wouldnt of believed it my self till seen it with me own eyes on many occasions keep at it you never know what you might see and this bitch didnt need the back up of a stick atb ks

:laugh: :laugh: squirrel i know you got no reason to lie or impress anyone on here mate if you said it happened i have no doubt it did :thumbs: :thumbs: