The Best .22Lr Ammo

The Best .22Lr Ammo  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite .22lr ammo with regards to accuracy,stopping power and reliability

Hi, I dont know if this has been done but im doing a poll for your favourite .22lr ammo, I havent tried them all but so far mine are Eley then winchester then cci.

you left out wolf, sk jagd, and aguila. they are 3 respectable ammos.

favorite ammo is tough as not all ammo will work the same in different rifles.

for my favorite in most rifles and for the price in match / standard velocity it would be Wolf match extra or match target.

for high velocity, CCI blazer.

Edited by TOP PREDATOR

My cz like's winchester super x never had a problem with them .

atb W.D

I use winchester super X in my cz varmint as well :yes:

The worst ammo i ever tried was the copper coated cci subsonics. I could have got better accuracy with a catapult ,

John :no:

photos001.jpg

Edited by mjr88

I have not had my cz452 long, I was on a local range the other evening. The Ely hollow points were spot on the money. The winchesters were nearly there,

a very close second only because of a couple of fliers.

the CCI are third, They were HV type and although very accurate at 60 meters with small groupings and exactly one mildot difference higher, it was just the noise. So I will be sticking with the Ely and the CCi if i need HV

My 10/22 loves Eley Sub Sonic Hollow Points.

Hand on heart; I can truthfully say that I have never had a stoppage and using them in conjunction with a SAK moderator, they are whisper quiet.

No complains here :thumbs:

Ditto. A great round in my CZ

Sib

My sako finnfire likes the winchester super x sub sonics. Very good round and damage on the rabbits head it very good.

My fav HV round in the sako is the Remington Yellow Jacket. VERY good grouping and will drop a fox within 80yards. Awesome little round and i dont have to re zero my gun, the buller it 4 inches above the winchesters.

Hi, I dont know if this has been done but im doing a poll for your favourite .22lr ammo, I havent tried them all but so far mine are Eley then winchester then cci.

I've tried most of the 'usual suspects' down the years, in about 7 different rifles, but I keep coming back to Winchester Sub's.

Eley and RWS are just as good but do shoot to a different 'spot' and need zeroing accordingly. One suprise was 'Magtech' Sub's I

only had a couple of 500 bricks before my local shop ran out, but although they were 'cheap and cheerful' to say the least they were

spot on, and had the biggest 'bucket' sized hollow points I've ever seen, no runners!

The worst? Well CCI get the 'Oscar' crap is doing them a favour, Remington Sub's were second to this, though not because they were

innaccurate, the bullets are very, very hard with a tiny pin hole hollow point, when I used them they passed straight through Rabbits

without slowing down the richochet'd all over Devon, Oh Dear.

I now use a 16" barrel SAKO Finnfire, with a silly money Leupold VX3 on the top, and the Winny's cut a 5 shot ragged hole at 75 yards

off a Bipod, I'm OK with that!

AndyF

My personal preference used with my Sako Finnfire would have to be the Eley hp subs, good grouping, reliable and very good expansion upon impact. Closely followed by the Winchester due to the only reason they seem slightly harder rounds than the Eleys. Not much to choose between em really.

Edited by Sound Moderator