22-250 v 243

alright lads, i have recently been granted fac for silenced hmr17 and silenced 22-250 (for fox). i have not bought 22-250 yet. however i have recently got a couple of farms to shoot on which say i can take deer if they show. so iam thinking of asking to change fac to 243 silenced as i can then use for both fox (day and night )and deer (day). as you can tell this is my first fac so i would really welcome any comments on:

comparison of calibres, and likelyhood of getting 243 silenced if asked for? any comments much appreciated. ;)

Alright mate, I first had a 22.250 which in Scotland was fine for Roe Deer and fox (great rifle) then my mate started inviting me up to his eatate to shoot red deer hinds so it was a case of .243 upwards with 100grm + bullets so now i shoot a Sako .243 which is silenced for (Hearing Protection) Purposes !!. So its a case of one rifle does all !! :drink:

Edited by Sako.243

You shouldn,t have any problems buddy.Put in a one for one variation saying that, you now have permission to shoot deer, and require a .243 as a dual purpose weapon for fox and deer, as per the home office guideline. ;) Dont wear any bollocks they might say about dsc 1,s or anything like that, all you need are deer, and the landowners permission to shoot them, in writing. Tell them you want expanding ammunition for it, and the moderator is for "health and safety" reasons [they cannot refuse it on this reason], let us know how you get on.Yours is a perfectly reasonable request, dont be bullied.

You shouldn,t have any problems buddy.Put in a one for one variation saying that, you now have permission to shoot deer, and require a .243 as a dual purpose weapon for fox and deer, as per the home office guideline. ;) Dont wear any bollocks they might say about dsc 1,s or anything like that, all you need are deer, and the landowners permission to shoot them, in writing. Tell them you want expanding ammunition for it, and the moderator is for "health and safety" reasons [they cannot refuse it on this reason], let us know how you get on.Yours is a perfectly reasonable request, dont be bullied.

thanks lads wil let you know how i go on :victory::drink:

• 2 weeks later...