any one watching bbc2 scottland tue 10 may 9oc

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your humble opinion is wrong!!!............

how come we are alwase made out to be criminals. people selling crack on street corners get les coverage and hassel. and if they are on tv it leaves you fealing sorry for the poor lost soles!!! how come we never get the recognition for the hard work and time we put in to make the country side what it is. keepers are or should be verry passonate about ther work whitch is more than just a job

mabby the bbc should be educateing the narow minded people who think they no what happens in ther weekend playground. and not the real benifits we bring to the countrside. or maby the bbc should leave us alone and let us do [bANNED TEXT] we do best. just cos u dont eat meat dosnt mean wer c***S.

sorr about my spelling not my strong point lol :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

how come we are alwase made out to be criminals. people selling crack on street corners get les coverage and hassel. and if they are on tv it leaves you fealing sorry for the poor lost soles!!! how come we never get the recognition for the hard work and time we put in to make the country side what it is. keepers are or should be verry passonate about ther work whitch is more than just a job

mabby the bbc should be educateing the narow minded people who think they no what happens in ther weekend playground. and not the real benifits we bring to the countrside. or maby the bbc should leave us alone and let us do [bANNED TEXT] we do best. just cos u dont eat meat dosnt mean wer c***S.

My thoughts exactly ,when do we ever get any credit for the other wildlife that benifits from the work we do with game birds.

Im afraid the average person only has the information pumped out by the bbc and RSPB and they often take this info as gospel.

Maybe we as the shooting stalking hunting community should contact all our shooting associations and collectively produce a massive media campaign and get the truth out there once and for all, it has to be educate the public in the ways of the countryside not the ways of countryfile.

Oh well another wee rant over.

My thoughts exactly ,when do we ever get any credit for the other wildlife that benifits from the work we do with game birds.

Im afraid the average person only has the information pumped out by the bbc and RSPB and they often take this info as gospel.

Maybe we as the shooting stalking hunting community should contact all our shooting associations and collectively produce a massive media campaign and get the truth out there once and for all, it has to be educate the public in the ways of the countryside not the ways of countryfile.

we will keep loseing a the battel untul it has gone and to late to replace its ok enjoying the sport now but its how long it last. if more people cared about the futer of country sports we might be geting some wear. nad dont get me started on shooting orgs moste not worth the mebership ther printed on lol

we will keep loseing a the battel untul it has gone and to late to replace its ok enjoying the sport now but its how long it last. if more people cared about the futer of country sports we might be geting some wear. nad dont get me started on shooting orgs moste not worth the mebership ther printed on lol

I seen this myself thought it was all about given keepers bad press i know the estate in leadhills that was on this programme as i have ferreted there for 3 years and i have not seen or heard anything.And did anyone see alex hogg on landword.

OK! I haven't seen this program for myself but I have been involved with country sports, mainly shooting/falconry all my life. I have worked on shoots alongside gamekeepers. There is no getting away from the fact that raptor persecution goes on. There are unfortunately a small minority of people or so we're lead to believe, that continue to persecute raptors, and justify it by claiming they take inordinate amounts of game. When you equate what raptors take in a year to that killed by a team of guns on a single grouse/Pheasant/Partridge day then the maths simply do not add up. One would have thought that in this day and age that keepers could live along side raptors and accept that they will only take what they need. The presence of raptors show that the countryside environment is in good shape and that the keepering staff have done their job. Most keepered estates have an abundence of bird/wildlife including raptors and are a joy to be on. The way forward is education, but first we have to accept that this sort of thing does go on. We need to stop feeling threatened by the media and the general public, welcome them and educate them (I know! easier said than done). This is just my humble opinion, having seen first hand, the damage(killing)done by variouse predators both four legged and avian.

OK! I haven't seen this program for myself but I have been involved with country sports, mainly shooting/falconry all my life. I have worked on shoots alongside gamekeepers. There is no getting away from the fact that raptor persecution goes on. There are unfortunately a small minority of people or so we're lead to believe, that continue to persecute raptors, and justify it by claiming they take inordinate amounts of game. When you equate what raptors take in a year to that killed by a team of guns on a single grouse/Pheasant/Partridge day then the maths simply do not add up. One would have thought that in this day and age that keepers could live along side raptors and accept that they will only take what they need. The presence of raptors show that the countryside environment is in good shape and that the keepering staff have done their job. Most keepered estates have an abundence of bird/wildlife including raptors and are a joy to be on. The way forward is education, but first we have to accept that this sort of thing does go on. We need to stop feeling threatened by the media and the general public, welcome them and educate them (I know! easier said than done). This is just my humble opinion, having seen first hand, the damage(killing)done by variouse predators both four legged and avian.

To imagine that raptors purely present a problem from the amount of birds they predate shows a crass lack of understanding from a man who has never driven birds as their livelihood,If raptors have such a little impact why are the NGO encouraging applications from keepers to cull buzzards?

Your humble opinion is wrong!!!............ :yes:

• Like 1

To imagine that raptors purely present a problem from the amount of birds they predate shows a crass lack of understanding from a man who has never driven birds as their livelihood,If raptors have such a little impact why are the NGO encouraging applications from keepers to cull buzzards?

It would be better to ask the question as to why there are so many buzzards? The answer could be that they have protected status or there are vast numbers of surplus artificially reared game birds present in the countryside. Road kill and easy pickings.

As to having a crass lack of understanding,Then please educate me! I have spent many years Living in the middle of a pheasant wood with the release pen not fifty yards from the house, being part of the daily routine,catching up, egg collection ,washing and setting, hatching, rearing, relesing feeding, beating , picking up, sorting the birds for the guns and game dealer on the shoot before I started flying birds. I do understand the problems raptors and other predators cause but I think it is foolish to deny that raptor persecution does not go on!

Lab-tastic, you say my humble opinion is wrong, please say why?

If I remember rightly back in the 80's - mid 90's there were reports in the shooting times of commercial shoots actually burying vast amounts of shot game because there wasn't a market for it. In my humble opinion this was bang out of order. I suppose I am wrong about that as well?

Edited by EskdaleHawks