Not a happy chappy!

get EMAIL OR LETTER FROM EDGAR BROS STATING WHEN RIFLE WAS IN FOR REPAIR GOOD TO HAVE EVEDENCE BEFORE CONTACTING SHOP BROCKEN THE LAW BY SELLING YOU SECOND HAND FOR NEW ATB J316

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have not read the whole thread, but if they sold you a used gun and saold it as a new one, then that is fraud or deception.

yet another pointless, non-productive post aimed at trying to start some shit. I sincerely hope that no-one rises to it and just takes comments like this with a pinch of salt. Not worth the bother.

Did you send your initial letter via recorded delivery as I suggested?   If so, put the barcode number into the Royal mail database and print off the signature of whoever signed for it, dont contact

Iam going to send the complete gun back. With a signed letter requesting a refund due to the faults on the rifle. If no refund is given and they try and fob me off with a repair i will hand it over to trading standards

Trust me buddy, Trading standards will want a copy of the letter AND royal Mail confirmation that the letter was recieved by the company :yes: thats why TS tell everyone to do it via Recorded delivery (so they have the signature to say it was recieved) and then they tell everyone to come back with the evidance before they will look at the case :yes:

I've used TS so many times I've lost count!

I've found that a simple line at the end of the letter saying something along the lines of "As your company has signed to say you have received this letter, failure to respond or not arrive at a conclusion that is satisfactory to myself, I will have no choice but to pass the details to trading standards" will help you avoid having to actually go to them :victory:

Tony

Youngmans is a small shop in the middle of Yarmouth, quite easy to find off the market place! I know, I have been there a few times. His attitude to customers can be sometimes rather disconcerting. Edgar Brothers are to be believed, they have very good custoemr service, surprised that a gun would leave them not working properly, copuld be worth asking for a job sheet report on it, prove what they did and then anything that differs from standard on the gun would have to have been done by Youngman's. That is a secondhand gun, probably one he has sold then had returned, discovered it was running hot and sent back to Edgar Brothers. You are very right to be worried and demand a refund. Follow the advice on here and you will not go far wrong. Everything by recorded post, tape all phone calls and then tell them they are taped so any promises will have to be lived up to. Yarmouth is not that far from Leicester, simple to get to, follow the A47 all the way! Treat the kids to a day at the seaside and get petrol money from Youngmans as well. Face to face is sometimes better than by post!

Edited by secretagentmole

Sounds to me like this shop has sold a second hand repaired rifle as a new-from-the-factory model. I'd get the Police in on that for a starter. Refund would be the start of it. Makes you wonder what other scams with firearms sales this guy has been up to.

That is why we never bought another rifle after Edgar from him... Mary tried to buy a BSA multishot Scorpion, in March, paid buy card, went to pick it up to be told it was an error on the website and that the £369 she had paid was for a single shot version. Bloody advert is still the same, even after his sodding website redesign, I do not trust him! We got the money back and came home!

If you try to buy this gun he will tell you it is an error on the websote and he will fix it! Does he? Does he hell!

Youngmans BSA Scorpion, You cannot buy it!

Edited by secretagentmole