Not a happy chappy!

Hi chaps/ladies

After a bit of advice..........

I recently purchased a Hatsan AT44-10 .177 Ive had the rifle just over a month now and the problems have started.

Firstly I went out with a mate who has the exact same rifle, on using his I noticed the safety catch and the trigger was completely different to mine!.

The safety on my gun is very stiff and feels as if it is going to snap when you push it in. The trigger has no second stage on it at all.

After all that I took it to my local gun shop to charge it up and buy some ammo, the helpful chap charged my rifle and then looking confused asked if id messed around with the trigger?? I said no its brand new only had it a week, he then explained that something wasnt right and showed me a example of 1 of his att44-10 and how it should be.

So off I went home very annnoyd, decided I would go shooting the next day.....woke up and off I went to my permission, took the gun out the bag went to check zero and would you believe it no air??? it was completely dead.

I then rang Edgar Brothers after they went away and checked the serial number they came back and told me the rifle has already been back to us for repair! By then I was fuming...

I rang the shop I got it from and explained the situation, I now have to pay for it to be sent back to the shop and be with out a gun for upto 2 weeks.

After I cooled down I rang Edgar Brothers again to ask them another question, "does the at44-10 come with swivel studs fitted?" the answer I got was "no".

I cant help but feel I have been sold a second hand gun which I was told was brand new in the box. I paid alot of money for the full set up,bipod,silencer,pellets.

Am I entitled to ask for a different make of gun as Ive lost all confidence in what started to be a great rifle.

First time Ive ever had a problem with any air rifle ive purchased.

Thanks

Crofty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have not read the whole thread, but if they sold you a used gun and saold it as a new one, then that is fraud or deception.

yet another pointless, non-productive post aimed at trying to start some shit. I sincerely hope that no-one rises to it and just takes comments like this with a pinch of salt. Not worth the bother.

Did you send your initial letter via recorded delivery as I suggested?   If so, put the barcode number into the Royal mail database and print off the signature of whoever signed for it, dont contact

Only thing is I got it from Youngmans in Great Yarmouth and I live in Leicester (had it transferred to local shop).

I really do believe its second hand, because when I asked the lady at Edgar Brothers if it had been registered before her reply was " errr its been back to us before unfortunately".

Do I stand a chance for a full refund as I have the feeling this is going to cost me alot in postage and all the hassle in chasing them up!

Thanks for any help/advice guys much appreicated

Crofty

yes mate straight back to shop,if it has been back for repair then obviously someone has had gun before you.it may help if you can get the date that it was sent back for repair and what the problem was and take that information back to where you bought the gun from and confront them with the facts.if you still have no luck trading standards and name and shame the dealer so no-one else is sold a pig in a poke.

atb sneeky :thumbs:

I will ring them today and see what they say?

I would be happy with them exchanging it for a different make of gun as now I really dont want another at44-10 as Im completley put off!

mind and post how you get on mate :thumbs: it may help others in future.good luck.

atb sneeky

tell them if they do not replace witha new gun you want youre money back .clearly a second hand gun if fitted with swivel studs if its been in for repair obviousely someones used it to find the fault

tell them you will be going to tradeing standards as edgar bros have confirmed it as been repaired and you taped the conversation dont forget to tell them about the bad publicity they will get :whistling:

just got off the phone to Youngmans.

They have spoken to Edgar Bros and they insist the rifle went back to them because it was over powered.

Youngmans said regarding the studs, "our gunsmith fitted the swivel studs as many customers like the option of fitting a bipod to their gun".

Edgar Brothers have told me the gun is brand new however they do not know anything about the swivel studs.

Im still unsure of what to do, Its going to cost me £20 to post it to them for repair.

They have spoken to Edgar Bros and they insist the rifle went back to them because it was over powered.

Youngmans said regarding the studs, "our gunsmith fitted the swivel studs as many customers like the option of fitting a bipod to their gun".

Edgar Brothers have told me the gun is brand new however they do not know anything about the swivel studs.

Im still unsure of what to do, Its going to cost me £20 to post it to them for repair.

surely a company that size could just give you a replacement gun and they could deal with edgar brothers,that way both parties would be happy and you could get on with your shooting.

Edited by sneeky1

Youngmans said regarding the studs, "our gunsmith fitted the swivel studs as many customers like the option of fitting a bipod to their gun".Edgar Brothers have told me the gun is brand new however they do not know anything about the swivel studs.

I would say its second hand and who gave the gunsmith permission to fit the studs :thumbdown:

i am not saying you would not have fitted them at a later date but just changing from a Standard rifle makes it seconhand in my book :thumbs:

send it back and ask for money back :D

Dave

Edited by Webby1

defo second hand a gun will not come from a factory overpowered they always come sub 12ftlbs most with anti tamper what did they do take it from box and chrono it :no::no:

they are filling you with crap ask for a new gun i bet you wont get studs fitted to that they will charge about £25 plus for a gun smith to do that and supply the studs send the gun back tell them you want your money back lose £20 postage they will lose a lot more in customers when people read how they treated you

Edited by archiekale

defo second hand a gun will not come from a factory overpowered they always come sub 12ftlbs most with anti tamper what did they do take it from box and chrono it :no::no:

they are filling you with crap ask for a new gun i bet you wont get studs fitted to that they will charge about £25 plus for a gun smith to do that and supply the studs send the gun back tell them you want your money back lose £20 postage they will lose a lot more in customers when people read how they treated you

Sorry to put a spanner in the works; but guns DO come out of the factory running hot :yes: this is the reason I am the less than proud owner of a section 1 caution :wallbash: some tw@t at BSA was not doing their job and my Ultra was found by the police to be running at 13.02 ft/lbs :icon_eek: and the police confirmed it had not been tampered with. So thanks to BSA's negligance I now have a f :censored: ing criminal record :thumbdown:

Tony

ps OP, explain whats happened to the dealer, also send it in writing, explaining that you want a refund, send the letter recorded delivery and if they don't refund you pass the case onto Trading Standards :thumbs: You have the law on your side :yes:

Edited by Phantom