Sign in to follow this  
JamesK

Will rabbits come out while its lightly raining?

Was planning on shooting today but the weather has took a turn for the worst so im not sure if its worth going out.

They will come out, they've still got to eat. :yes::thumbs:

they will be out mate, may be not in numbers like on a nicer day but they will be out no the less.

Andy

Upside is they will not hear / smell you as well.

They will certainly come out ,more so after a dry spell eating wet grass must be like having a drink .

we went out once in quite heavy rain, there were quite a few bunnies out, they didnt seem to mind, although with the lamp, visiblilty was poor. oh and the rust seemed to find its way everywhere, even after being heavily oiled!

atb

alex

yes have to agree we went out with the lamp when it was pouring down and there was alot of rabbits playing and feeding, but agree visibility was poor :thumbdown:

Best lamping condition is cloudy as feck, wind and a light rain driving into your face. Rabbits will not see or hear you and they feel safer feeding further out, and are also more likely to squat rather than run.

I've always done ok in the rain, was once told that rabbits can't drink from puddles etc the only way they can get water is from the grass hence dewy mornings, light rain etc are some of the best times to get them. Don't no how true it is but makes sense to me as alot of my permission doesn't have water for miles around? Atb ant