i am always trying to improve and make my catapults more powerful, i think i have found the perfect taper, my new bands can shoot a 12mm lead ball over 300 feet per second, i killed a rabbit outright the other day with a body shot, i have never seen or heard of any bands putting out this much power before! please click on the link below and let me know what u think,, john

Looks good John, but you still have to be able to hit what you're aiming at (i coulbnt hit a bus at the mo) although i'm not using one of yours.

Be good if you could put up a post about sighting/aiming a catty. Is it something that can be explained ?? :thumbs:

Looks good John, but you still have to be able to hit what you're aiming at (i coulbnt hit a bus at the mo) although i'm not using one of yours.

Be good if you could put up a post about sighting/aiming a catty. Is it something that can be explained ?? :thumbs:

hi, i dont aim, i just let go when it feels right, the best thing you can do is practice, start shooting targets at close range and move further and further away, thats what i did, if i do target shooting now i aim at stuff like bottle tops from 50+ feet , then then its easier to hit a rabbit at 25feet lol, john :)

hi, i dont aim, i just let go when it feels right, the best thing you can do is practice, start shooting targets at close range and move further and further away, thats what i did, if i do target shooting now i aim at stuff like bottle tops from 50+ feet , then then its easier to hit a rabbit at 25feet lol, john :)

Great shooting as always john, just one question the cats you sell , does it matter on the pitch of the vee for accuracy? what would you recomend? as im new, realy like the boxer.

regards mark.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for you bud.have you ever measured the draw weight on the bands at full draw in lbs.

in archery we use a very simple one just hook it round the string and then draw back to full draw.just a thought. could be hooked round the pouch with no shot.then draw back and it would tell you in pounds the exact amount of force thats propelling the shot out of the pouch.

like i said just a thought i had while watching your vids.

nice cattys.

post-41815-0-94078700-1305313552_thumb.jpg

this is what im talking about.a bow scale.

post-41815-0-93432300-1305313703_thumb.jpg

just thougth i would put a picture up of this for you aswell.i know a old guy who has one.dates from somewhere around the 1700s.and shoots musket balls.not a catty more a crossbow but still interesting.

thanks for putting the link up mackam.

ive never had the chance to shoot with the one the old guy has but it would be interesting to see what the acurracy is like.

i have a barnet compound xbow which is very accurate at shorter distances but the range drops off alot using 16 inch bolts.and ive yet to try some at 20 inches.

the barnet is 150lb draw and 350fps.thats why ive asked the question above as it would be interesting to know with the catty statistics

Hi JOHN

I RECEIVED MY VULTURE CATAPULT THIS MORNING,JUST WANT TO SAY THE WORKMANSHIP IS OUTSTANDING.

I RECEIVED THE SPARE THERAGOLD BANDS YESTERDAY-FITTED THEM TO MY OLD WRIST ROCKET-BLOODY HELL THE POWER DIFFERENCE IS AMAZING.

AFTER A FEW SHOTS WITH THE VULTURE I FIND IT A LOT MORE ACCURATE THAN THE WRIST ROCKET-AS THE CAT SITS NICELY IN MY HAND,THE WRIST ROCKET SITS TOO HIGH AND THE WRIST SUPPORT CAN THROW THE AIM OFF.

I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING SOME AMMMO WITH MY LEAD MOULDS-AS PER YOUR VIDEO.

I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR A SUPERB CAT AND PROMPT DELIVERY.

BEST OF ALL I NEED SOME TARGETS FOR PRACTISE-WILL BE POPPING TO THE SUPERMARKET FOR A CRATE OF CARLING,OBVIOUSLY I WILL HAVE TO DRAIN THE TINS BEFORE SHOOTING AT THEM.WILL PROBABLY NEED ABOUT HALF A DOZEN EMPTY TINS TO PRACTISE ON.I COULD BE GONE SOME TIME.

CHEERS

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...