Just a few pics from the aviary birds of five or six years ago....

This was my gorgeous hen bully...she is sat on my thumb eating a banana...her favourite food in the world. As you can see, she was a bit steady... :D

post-16-0-63411700-1304456291_thumb.jpg

A very rare shot of a pair of blackcaps sharing the nest duties. I really struggled to breed this warbler, just couldn't do it, but had success with getting them to lay, which is something ii suppose. A cracking pair of birds. :notworthy:

post-16-0-98154800-1304456599_thumb.jpg

My cock yellowhammer, just trying to get the hen to start nesting...I took this pic from about two foot away, and i was proud of those 'hammers for its hard to get a steady one...He looks a real dapper gent in his breeding finery...

post-16-0-92141400-1304456905_thumb.jpg

My cock yellowhammer, just trying to get the hen to start nesting...I took this pic from about two foot away, and i was proud of those 'hammers for its hard to get a steady one...He looks a real dapper gent in his breeding finery...

:notworthy:

This was a great experience watching the siskins courting, building and feeding their chicks. I took this pic with a small camera from inside the aviary at the range of less than one foot. I couldnt get over how confiding he was, a great bird and a doting parent, as too was the hen bird...

post-16-0-73041300-1304457130_thumb.jpg