Private Gun/Gear Sales - !!POTENTIAL SCAM!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are failing to note that it was DavyT who validated H1989 publically when this first came up on here.   This is internet land, how do we know that DavyT wasn't involved, simple, we don't! If Dav

I think the gobshites who posted on here in defence of Hunter1989 should repay your money between them ................   Where are you now boys?   You stood up for H1989 when I was trying to exp

According to Royal Mail's tracking service David Graham received my letter yesterday at ~3pm. A copy of which is below.   5th May 2011   Mr David Graham,   On the 12th April 2011 you received Â

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I have been advised to write up my experiences with a Hunting Life forum member known as Hunter1989 (Steve Graham – previously banned from airgunforum http://www.airgunfor...nch-regd-3.html), his brother David Graham and an individual called Jamie “Jakes” (possibly Jamie Manton) – to forewarn others if they are thinking about doing any kind of purchasing/selling from these individuals. However, if anyone knows these people – I kindly request that you put pressure on them to return my money asap. My young family and I are not particularly well off, and I work hard for the money we can afford to spare for my shooting.

Between these individuals they have £300 of my money and I have nothing to show for it apart from a long list of texts and phone calls. As such I have no further option but to imminently start formal legal proceedings.

I am greatly saddened by this bad deal, as not only have I potentially lost £300, but it fundamentally shakes the trust upon which many of our shooting swaps, purchases, and sales solely rely.

This situation has arisen as such;

I responded to an advert on Gunwatch for a PCP air rifle. Between texts and calls to Steve Graham we quickly agreed on a price and payment details were sent. I BACS the money over to the bank account given requesting that the postal tracking number is sent asap. When I didn’t receive the postal tracking number the following day I start ringing/texting. I find out that the rifle was supposedly being advertised on behalf of a friend (Jamie Jakes – possibly actually named Jamie Manton, according to the website owner) and that my money was sent to Steve’s brother’s bank account (David Graham). David Graham informs me that he has never heard nor met Jamie Jakes (although the website owner knows that both he, and Steve, are/were friends on facebook with Jamie Manton). David Graham tells me that as soon as the money arrived in his account Steven Graham came round and took the £300 in cash. Steve Graham asserts that this cash went straight to Jamie “Jakes” whom he has never seen since, nor can get hold of on the phone, nor resides at the two addresses that he has for him. It is also worthwhile noting though the exact same make and model of PCP air rifle is also shown in Steve Graham’s gallery of rifles he owns (BSA R10) -

http://www.thehuntin...age/22387-r-10/

As can be seen from the above – this very rapidly became very confusing, very quickly! Having spoken to the Police and Consumer Direct (who advised that I warn others online of these activities in a frank and honest account – as per this posting) they both inform me that my legal grievance is with the recipient of the money – irrespective if he was taking money on behalf of his brother who was selling an air rifle on behalf of someone else. I am therefore looking at initiating legal proceedings against David Graham within the next week or two.

From information provided to me from a number of shooting forums owners Steven Graham appears to have had expensive bad deals on at least two other accounts – one almost cost a guy anther £300, but thankfully he coerced Paypal to claw back £270 of this money – again, another rifle that also did not get delivered.

If anyone else knows these people, knows of their dealings, has had bad experiences with them etc, please let me know.

PLEASE beware of this information when dealing with these people, and if anyone does knows these people please tell them to return my money asap.

hello thanks for letting everyone know hope you get your money back and they get their knees capped the person who recieved the payment is at fault he is the one who should compensate bunch of smack heads hope they use dirty needles it will be a couple of less low lifes kicking around