Closed Season

Could be mate, sometimes if they are old enough they all knock together and it becomes a f*****g labyrinth. But trust me, if you want in there bad enough you will get in. If there is a decent warren with rabbits in it, i'm getting ferrets down there and i'm getting those bunnies out no matter what it takes. There is ALWAYS a way, even if it's just long nets far out, get some shot guns placed out and then just let the ferrets go around the cover collared up and let them make their own way to the warrens. Either that, or you just cut your way to the holes and rape your hands netting up. Have even stomped all the brambles down making a carpet that traps the bunnies as they bolt. All part of the fun, but throughout the winter folk look at my hands and arms and assume i'm a self harmer :icon_redface:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, you have a 50lb boat rod? That's so cool! Did you 'score' much with it?

Ideation, out of interest what is it you do exactly?? You seem to have a lot to say about everything on every topic going but yet (without searching) i have failed to read anything really of value, in

Let's face it the airgun section has always come alive in the summer. As for those with the kill counts i usually think I wouldn't admit to doing so little hunting lol For me summer is a time for som

Posted Images

You would be lucky if you had arms left after the middle of my lot, hang on getting me photo edited so you can see what I have got to contend with....perm4.jpg

Right the bottom of the photo is one long tangle of brambles and nettles, perforated by many holes, there are earth mounds as a result of digging/ditch clearing piled up, height biggest approx 5 foot, length 10, appearance, swiss cheese, the top of that above the track is one long line of brambles and nettles, perforated by many many holes, the forest bit, the mound permission holders garden, like the surface of the moon, holes, middle of garden, mound, as previously specified about 8-10 foot wide, 5 foot high and covered in trees and holes, ditches, holes, brambles and nettles, currently dry! Behind the brambles at the top of the track there is a dry ditch with some standing water in one part, holes in that lot in the side and in the garden. Basically it has labyrinthed! Bunny Megaplex!

HPIM0788.jpg

That lump in the foreground (behind the electric fence and posintion wise at end of gun barrel) is one of the earth piles, now covered in brambles, trees and bleeding holes!

Edited by secretagentmole

Aye mate, it's why god invented bill hooks, slashers and the petrol brush cutter with blade attached. :thumbs: Got to love a challenge :thumbs: But your right sometimes it's a f*****g nightmare, but it feels good when you figure a way around it. Some decent dogs always help :thumbs: I'm sure you will figure a way :thumbs:

Any young rabbits i shoot i take for ferret food and its rare to see one with a healthy liver most have coccidious (spelling ) i think its natures way of thinning them out so why leave them ?. and most folk talking of wiping out the rabbit mans been trying that for hundreds of years and never managed it yet

I personally hammer everything on the cemetery permission, young, old, bucks, does, including milky and ones carrying :yes: Spring summer, autumn and winter.

The reason? Serious fecking damage caused.

I really made a differance a couple of years ago totally wiping out the big central warren and giving instructions on how to keep it free in the future :yes:

My advice fell on very deaf ears and within a few weeks the next batch from the paddock permission (where I can use my discretion on what to shoot) had repopulated the central warren :thumbs: As long as I can use my discretion on the paddock I'll have that boneyard permission for decades :gunsmilie: