Marie Curie Cancer Care

Hi Lads/Lasses,

I know its a bit cheeky, but if you don't ask, you don't get. ;)

In February 2008, my missus and her mate, who are both Marie Curie Cancer Nurses, will be attempting a 250km dog sledding expedition in the Arctic Circle, in aid of cancer patients. Every penny raised will be used by our local cancer hospice to give a secure and peaceful final few weeks for patients and their families.

I understand that we all get bombarded by charities all the time, but if you get a minute, perhaps you could take a quick look:

http://www.justgiving.com/sarahdeacon

Anyone who would prefer an alternative method to making an online donation can send cheques or postal orders, made out to 'MARIE CURIE' TO:

Sarah Deacon

Marie Curie Hospice

Speke Road

Woolton Village

Liverpool

L25 8QA

Thank You. :)

Edited by Deako

Alright john, I'm willing to help the missus with her good cause...does it have to be done via that site, on the basis of I don't really want a load of spam letters through the door, which maybe could happen if I fill in my details on the site shes using....

Cheers mate ;)

Thanks Ian :)

I think the only reason the site asks for your email addy is so you get an automatic thank you and receipt. As its for a registered charity, they won't send out spam or send your details to anyone else, or they would be in hot water bg time!

I'll ask the missus if there is an alternative though, and thanks for making the thread a 'sticky'.

Cheers. :clapper:

Edited by Deako

Thanks for the offers lads and lasses. :):)

Anyone who would prefer an alternative method to making an online donation can send cheques or postal orders, made out to 'MARIE CURIE' TO:

Sarah Deacon

Marie Curie Hospice

Speke Road

Woolton Village

Liverpool

L25 8QA

Thanks again to all, its appreciated. :):):)

Guest Lurcherbitch
Cheers LB :clapper::clapper::)

Yeah ok, is pissing me off now cause two of his mates are doing the same :icon_eek: HELLOOOOOOO am i not a charity :laugh: .

Just kidding, am chuffed they take note. :yes:

ps. has anyone got any cheap deisel......i'm not getting paid any more. lol

Edited by Lurcherbitch

Cheque is on its way! If I can spare £5 to be donator, should at least do same for something that can make a differance

Looked after an elderly friend who ended up spending her last few months in our local hospital, due to lack of funding/hospice care. They were wonderful in the hospital, but never the less not set up for the hospice care.

Hope you wife has a wonderful time for a worthy cause. :yes: