What are the best pellets for rabbits

for a distance of 20 meters it shouldn't matter too much on the accuracy of the pellet so i'd go for a hollow point for maximum drop power.

however there will always be the moment you'll want to take a longer shot or a more complicated one and you will need accurate pellets such as Air Arms diablo's, baracuda's.... they do the job perfectly and are accurate as hell!

hope this helps :thumbs:

atb alex.

hi

personally i would stay away from hollow points! :thumbdown:

your best pellet as been said is a dome pellet.but please buy some hollow points,and do a zero test on them!

in my rifle @ 20yds it grouped like a shot gun,so i dont use them!!

Air Arms field all the way :thumbs:

"respect your quarry"

regards

Davy

The general rule is the ones that suit your barrel the best pal and group the tightest are the best for shooting anything live.

Out of all the shapes a domed pellet is probably the most accurate at range but as your only shooting close range a flat head or hollow point will work well if zeroed correctly.

Just be aware though that flat heads and hollow points can loose their accuracy pretty quick after 30 metres in many barrels so if a longer range shot shows itself you may be chancing a high percent of a miss or wounding shot pal.

My rifle likes hollow points to about 18 metres then after that the group starts to open up quickly.

With a domed pellet rws super fields it groups smaller than a 10p at 40 metres and thats with seven. 22 pellets as proven a few weeks ago when up at pianomans permission.

If i was you pal id buy a good domed pellet.

Si

i posted my last post on this subject in a rush and wished to correct my error. yopu may as well buy the top pellets which cost the same as the less accurate ones. the only one i can suggest are air arms as i said before as thats what i use and they have done me justice.

atb alex

Air Arms Field, H&N FTT, RWS super domes, FX, all good dome pellets, most barrels will work well with any of them, but may well work better with one particular brand/type.

In fact I have the following tins of pellets you, or anyone else can have FOC and post free:

H&N FTT .22 15.1gr in size 5.53mm theres about 50 pellets left in the tin

Crossman Premier Ultra Magnums 14.3gr .22 theres about 80 pellets left in the tin

Cheers

M

The best pellets are whatever works best in your gun really! Id buy a sample box and try them all to see what your gun likes. My s410 loves the air arms field pellets in .22 which are domed. Very accurate in my gun out to 45-50 yards. But, just because they suit my gun doesnt mean they will suit yours.

• 3 weeks later...