Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a s200 for small game mainly pigeon and carrion hunting, a bit unsure about it's performance in the field and wondered if any one had first hand experience of this machine and its functionality. I think the looks are superb but I know this isn't every thing.

I currently use brake action BSA or crossman weapons, I want something silenced and light with practicality on mind

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

I have a MK2 Air Arms S200 and have to say it's an incredible gun for the money.

Like Andy has said it will always be more accurate than the shooter. It is a very light gun so you won't get tired walking with it. Mine has an Air Arms silencer which is very quiet, though there are quieter out there, but i have shot at a rabbit, missed, reloaded and shot it 2nd shot so have never needed it quieter. It is a very short gun too which is useful for hunting.

It would be a whole new world compared to your break action BSA's and Crossmans :thumbs:

All The Best,

Paul.

s200 BUY IT !! lol na honestly mate cracking bit of kit ive got one and atm im using it more than my hw100

this is the s200 in action with a twink and its shot by shannon my 14y/o daughter

atb gary

Edited by festa

The S200 is world class accuracy wise :gunsmilie:

<----------======<<<<<

Mk3 have A.T on them which is/can be a good thing, but some are running as low as 9ft/lbs :thumbdown:

This in itself is not too problematic though for aour quarry at our ranges

Tony

The S200 is world class accuracy wise :gunsmilie:

<----------======<<<<<

Mk3 have A.T on them which is/can be a good thing, but some are running as low as 9ft/lbs :thumbdown:

This in itself is not too problematic though for aour quarry at our ranges

Tony

mine is running at 8.4ftp tony mate and it still drops bunnies at 45 mtrs as you know bud "its not power its placement"

atb gary

Thank for the comments lad's, it seems i have made a good choice!

I was looking to pay between £200 - £300 and possibly a second hand gun although if i can stretch to a new one i will.

I noticed a few references to Mk1 Mk2 I presume either one will be more than good enough and .177 .22 same as?

Happy Hunting

Cheers

Tony

Edited by TonyHunterSBT

s200 BUY IT !! lol na honestly mate cracking bit of kit ive got one and atm im using it more than my hw100

this is the s200 in action with a twink and its shot by shannon my 14y/o daughter

atb gary

definatly mate buy it got the mk 2 brillant gun never misses and you can put anything through it make sure that you get the conversion kit for 10 shot next to nowt to buy and it literally drops pigeons with a passion i personally took out 15 in less than 3 minutes

Also look for T200, only available in .177, with adjustable cheek pad and but! They are normally set for 7 joules (they were designed to be a short range target version) but they can be easily raised to the full 16 joule/12 foot pound energy. They are rare, but out there.

amy3.jpg

T200...