Doggy men hierarchy

Everything in life has a hierarchy where we either look down our noses at some or look up to others. It's human nature, fishing you have your dry fly fisherman at the top then wet fly, lures, bait, etc etc.... What do YOU think it is regarding the doggy world. I want truthful answers......... just right down the letters in order of the top to bottom......

a)poacher

b)hare courser (lurcher)

c)fox man (lurcher)

d)fox man (bullcross)

e)hare courser (fens)

f)rabbitman

g)bullcross trackie wearer

h) whippet owner

i) all equal

THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION, NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OR IN THE RESPONSES ON THIS THREAD.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know myself as l run both day and night and know the hare by day is a different animal during the day but what l don't get is why do they get all this RESPECT but every other animal that is hunting

no such thing as thieving a wild animal when there released there wild

Some of us put in a few years Trying to get a dog a to a good standard.Its the ones that write them off after a few month.I have no time for.

Posted Images

We are all in the same sport.

In every sport/hobby/activity there are bell ends who spoil it for the others.

You haven't got a category for them?

And why do bull cross get put with tracksuit? I went for a jog with my lurcher this morning. Had trackies and trainers on, he had his "strong stuff" collar on. So I guess I'm the lowest of the low in the hierarchy?

Can whippet owners not also be poachers? Fox men? Rabbit men? Hare coursers?

I think your thread is a load of shite mate to be Frank, and I think it is your sole aim to cause a 15 page argument? Lol.

All the best.

Gaz

Gaz

• Like 2

And why do bull cross get put with tracksuit? I went for a jog with my lurcher this morning. Had trackies and trainers on, he had his "strong stuff" collar on. So I guess I'm the lowest of the low in the hierarchy?

I think your thread is a load of shite mate to be Frank, and I think it is your sole aim to cause a 15 page argument? Lol.

All the best.

Gaz

Gaz

:laugh: Gaz, it is a bit of fun mate, no need to blow a gasket lol... there is an option in it saying all equal which you could have chosen instead of ranting :tongue2: As for the trackie one, there already is a thread about council kpet dogs, so folk obviously look down there noses at them. I just wanted peoples honest opinions :thumbs:

Edited by baw

No hierachy as such, but ive got a top and bottom;

Top; modest sort of dogman that works his dogs hard and to as many different discipplines as he can and above all is HONEST with himself about his dogs abilitys. Maybe a rabbit man, maybe a daytime hare man, a foxer or just a out and out lamper.

Bottom; gate smashing, crop driving subaru poachers that give everybody a bad name!

I have my preferences as to what I like but I dont believe any discipline is better than any other.

No hierachy as such, but ive got a top and bottom;

Top; modest sort of dogman that works his dogs hard and to as many different discipplines as he can and above all is HONEST with himself about his dogs abilitys. Maybe a rabbit man, maybe a daytime hare man, a foxer or just a out and out lamper.

Bottom; gate smashing, crop driving subaru poachers that give everybody a bad name!

I have my preferences as to what I like but I dont believe any discipline is better than any other.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Ok here goes....... There's 2 types of 'poacher' for me... There's the kind who respect the land and test there dog on the countrys finest wild game..... Then there's the other type who poach game birds, or in other words thiefs!!!!!

• Like 2

I think these categories make more sense.

a. shepherd

b. lurchermen

c. terriermen

d. gun dog men

e. pet keepers

(not in any particular order)

Dog keeping isn't really something you can work your way up the ranks with so it seems a bit pointless. If you make every effort to ensure your dogs are happy and healthy then you are top of the list in my opinion.

I think these categories make more sense.

a. shepherd

b. lurchermen

c. terriermen

d. gun dog men

e. pet keepers

(not in any particular order)

Dog keeping isn't really something you can work your way up the ranks with so it seems a bit pointless. If you make every effort to ensure your dogs are happy and healthy then you are top of the list in my opinion.

You say that but dogmen do look down there noses..... look at the stress bullcross guys get from say, your fen saluki guys.........

Ok here goes....... There's 2 types of 'poacher' for me... There's the kind who respect the land and test there dog on the countrys finest wild game..... Then there's the other type who poach game birds, or in other words thiefs!!!!!

Game bird poaching surely can be split into 2 camps too....... the clear out guys and the ones who's lurcher catches the odd bird.

All the best.

Gaz

Gaz

There where your wrong straight away its not a sport its hunting there is a difference in both worlds, the only sport there is is hare coursing (matches) where bets and money can change hand the rest is hunting.

what aboot guys that do both :laugh:

no such thing as thieving a wild animal :thumbs: when there released there wild ;)

• Like 5