most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

also making sure there is plenty of fresh water available always!!

i wouldnt eat it raw so why should my dogs! would you??

No, but then i'm not a fecking dog am i?

The frightening thing is that this guy isn't (at least i don't think) taking the piss, i think he is actually that mis-guided and believes he is right and we are all idiots.

Hey buddy. Did you not get your dog this jan?

There's a very very simple explanation I reckon.....he's about 13! and instead of just reading stuff and listening to people with more knowledge and experience, and learning by experiencing things himself, he's the type of knobheaded teenager who thinks he knows it all....every single one of his posts show's that this is the case, and also shows that he's probably never owned a dog or ferret in his life! quite entertaining though I must admit, you never know what the muppet is going to put next :laugh:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hello sandymere :bye:   Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!   I am afraid my view is the opposite to your

Sandymere,   your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.   Cheers Pernod

I wouldint go has far has saying the sand mans posts are interesting ,40yrs plus tells me all i need to know about raw feeding flesh offal and carcass and bone atb bunnys.

Sadly i don't think he is a teenager - he stuck this in 'shooting opportunities' -

we are two brothers wanting some areas for ferreting and shooting. If possible in the north west and surrounding areas. we are genuine honest lads, my brothers 25 and im 30 and not the type to mess people about and take care and pride in what we do. we already have permission on a couple of local farms. our ferrets are trained, no need for locators has they never stay down to ground hence no digging out.we also work with our dogs, not always but they are well stock broken and well trained. we will provide i.d to the land owners and contact details for furture references. so if there are land owners wanting to cut down on numbers or rabbits, rats ,pigeons and any other pests send me a message with some contact details and i will get in touch to introduce ourselfs. we are looking forward to meeting up and working new areas. thanks . drw.

Now considering his age, and the fact that he owns animals - that's f*****g frightening!

(although i think he only actually got a running dog, trained as an adult about 2 months ago, as he put up a wanted ad on here)

Sadly i don't think he is a teenager - he stuck this in 'shooting opportunities' -

we are two brothers wanting some areas for ferreting and shooting. If possible in the north west and surrounding areas. we are genuine honest lads, my brothers 25 and im 30 and not the type to mess people about and take care and pride in what we do. we already have permission on a couple of local farms. our ferrets are trained, no need for locators has they never stay down to ground hence no digging out.we also work with our dogs, not always but they are well stock broken and well trained. we will provide i.d to the land owners and contact details for furture references. so if there are land owners wanting to cut down on numbers or rabbits, rats ,pigeons and any other pests send me a message with some contact details and i will get in touch to introduce ourselfs. we are looking forward to meeting up and working new areas. thanks . drw.

Now considering his age, and the fact that he owns animals - that's f*****g frightening!

(although i think he only actually got a running dog, trained as an adult about 2 months ago, as he put up a wanted ad on here)

:rofl:

most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

The frightening thing is that this guy isn't (at least i don't think) taking the piss, i think he is actually that mis-guided and believes he is right and we are all idiots.

yes got my 2half year old saluki/beddy x bull/greyhound in january and he very well,also ive had dogs all my life, i have also bread dashounds,blue irish staffs,ive got a 5 year old white staff with blue patches,also my ant breeds show boxers so no im not new to keeping dogs yes im new to working lurchers but let me tell you im from a built up urban area and still have no problems bringing them wise rabbits down!!!!

Edited by drw81

yes got my 2half year old saluki/beddy x bull/greyhound in january and he very well,also ive had dogs all my life, i have also bread dashounds,blue irish staffs,ive got a 5 year old white staff with blue patches,also my ant breeds show boxers so no im not new to keeping dogs yes im new to working lurchers but let me tell you im for a built up area and still have no problems bring them wise rabbits down!!!!

deffo a wind up pmsl lol blue staffys an show boxers :o:clapper:

yes got my 2half year old saluki/beddy x bull/greyhound in january and he very well,also ive had dogs all my life, i have also bread dashounds,blue irish staffs,ive got a 5 year old white staff with blue patches,also my ant breeds show boxers so no im not new to keeping dogs yes im new to working lurchers but let me tell you im from a built up urban area and still have no problems bringing them wise rabbits down!!!!

Bread Dashounds? is that like a french loaf that looks like a sausage dog?

• Like 1

Getting a little off topic arent we? Can't we get back to food, how about poo, I love the idea that less is better but I'm sure you all know about short chain fatty acids, gut flora and stool volumes. A few every day types links….

http://www.iams.co.uk/dog/Food-Nutrition-7/Nutrition-Pet-Food-Ingredients-231.html

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Paper/12020566

http://www.vetinfo.com/dietary-fiber-dogs.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1433754/#reference-sec

http://ajpgi.physiology.org/content/275/6/G1415.full

I mention them in this piece …

Colitis means inflammation of the colon, the colons role is the absorption of water and salt, the production of various hormones and the fermentation of dietary fibre which produces short chain fatty acids (SCFA). It contains a large population of bacteria to carry out the fermentation process and protect against harmful bacteria. After this process the muscular colon moves the residual waste to the rectum for storage prior to emptying. Colitis is not uncommon in dogs and the reasons are not entirely known but it is thought to be generally an immune mediated reaction to such things as bacteria or parasites with dietary factors often being involved. If there is a found causative factor then treatment will be based around the diagnosis but in many cases no definitive cause can be found.

Some dog have functional diarrhoea often associated with stressors without physical changes to the gastric tract in line with IBS in humans. Canine IBS is most commonly found in working dogs but any highly strung animal can be at risk and removing the stress can often bring a cessation of symptoms but as this is only part of the problem a multi action treatment is often needed. Drugs are often required to bring about remission and the vet is where one needs to go as the first point of contact, as the underlying cause cannot always be found treatment is aimed a managing symptoms rather than cure and diet is also thought to play a major part. One method is the use of novel protein diets along with fermentable fibre and polyunsaturated fatty acids to give long term management.

Elimination diets, prepared at home, provide a new protein with an appropriate carbohydrate, usually rice fed exclusively for at least 4 weeks. Once symptoms settle other foods can be added and response noted to identify any hypersensitivity. No extras in the form of supplements should be used during this period. Over the counter hypoallergenic diets follow the novel protein route with a variety of sources available such as rabbit, fish, duck etc and come with the option of added fibre. A second novel protein can be substituted for the first after a few weeks and maintained in the longer term.

There is evidence to suggest that appropriate fibre has a role to play and that the fermentability of fibre is important in aiding nutrient absorption, colonic health and formation of the SCFA. Moderately fermentable fibre is suggested as best in producing adequate SCFA to maintain health and reduce incidence of colorectal tumours, commercial feeds use beet pulp to fulfil this role. In home prepared meals whole grain rice or the use of oats may be appropriate once symptoms are in remission. Another area with some evidence is the use of polyunsaturated fatty acids with studies showing a reduction in symptoms of some animals when fish oils is added to the diet.

Dietary intervention is not a cure but it may help but please bare in mind it is not an easy option. One of the biggest problems faced by vets in treating this type of illness is poor owner compliance in that treats, table scraps, supplements etc being introduced whilst still in the elimination phase which makes the exercise fail so if an owner is considering a dietary approach to management then I would recommend a discussion with the vet, proper plan and very very strict adherence to that plan.

Edited by sandymere

Getting a little off topic aren’t we? Can't we get back to food, how about poo, I love the idea that less is better but I'm sure you all know about short chain fatty acids, gut flora and stool volumes. A few every day types links….

http://www.iams.co.uk/dog/Food-Nutrition-7/Nutrition-Pet-Food-Ingredients-231.html

^ Pet food company not independent research.

http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Paper/12020566

^ A dogs poo looking more pleasant to the eye shows nothing. It just proves the poo looks like what we have come to expect it to look like.

http://www.vetinfo.com/dietary-fiber-dogs.html

^No sources, no research just opinion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1433754/#reference-sec

^ 4 subjects makes this trial a joke in the scientific community.

http://ajpgi.physiology.org/content/275/6/G1415.full

^ I do not see how a study of rats has any place in this discussion.

Why? theres a shared basic biology and if we were to exclude studies on rats then by far the greatest bulk of research ever undertaken would have to be ignored including most drugs, etc. Biology is interspecies at many levels and a basic understanding of biology and physiology is the starting point if one is to make informed choices about something like this. Bacterial production of SCFA's are interspecies plus theres not a lot on rats is there?

4th link is an error but still interesting

Edited by sandymere

i feel for your mates who have to put up with your bitching you big girl

Yeah - my earlier suspicions have been confirmed 'drw81' you are a retard!!! You've made a real impression on some obviously knowledgeable guys and girls on this site. You've made some real friends. Now why don't you piss off and annoy someone on Facebook.

i feel for your mates who have to put up with your bitching you big girl

Yeah - my earlier suspicions have been confirmed 'drw81' you are a retard!!! You've made a real impression on some obviously knowledgeable guys and girls on this site. You've made some real friends. Now why don't you piss off and annoy someone on Facebook.

This is it. Some of us aren't that bright in daily life especially me but we know our dogs. Many of us are out most nights in season or year round working our dogs until they physically can't run anymore. We need our dogs to be as fit as it is possible to get them and for most of us money is not an issue within reason so why on earth would most of us spend more money on RAW to feed our workers than we could spend on Beta Greyhound if there was no benefit?

Personally even if dry and raw were equal I know my dogs are happier eating raw and they work hard enough to deserve a tasty meal.