100% Raw every time, its a biologically appropriate diet for dogs, its as simple as that. :thumbs:

That statement doesn't make a deal of sense, sugar is biologically appropriate but hardly an ideal diet lol..

this is a little out of date but gives the basics.

those keen on all things “natural†in a “Disney†type way may well suit their sensibilities but in the real world then it is hard to see any real purpose or reason to such a restrictive regime. It is supported with an almost evangelical following that seems to breach no dissent but has no real science to back it beyond the all things natural brigade.

Oh hello sandymere :bye: :bye:

Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!

I am afraid my view is the opposite to yours, and raw food is my first choice and in my opinion far superior to your belief that feeding a mixture of complete and everything else is better, But i know you know that as you have been 'trolling' my post for long enough ;)

I wont bother pointing out 'why' I don't agree with you or point out your short comings again, as it really is quite boring and has been done to death by myself and many other people :no:

But there seem to be a large volume of people who have seen a huge benefit to there dogs condition by swapping to feeding a raw diet. But obviously there is not a suitable study or paper which will ever convince the blinkered.

All my articles, as you call them, are written by myself, I'm even allowed real pencils now! This article was written a couple of years ago and has been posted a couple of times before, hence the comment about it being a little out of date, and so unlikely with you in mind. Perhaps I seem to reply to many of your posts as they are questionable or perhaps it’s a little paranoia?

I’m sure many see an improvement with dietary change much as all those that see such improvement using homeopathy. I’m my experience so far most who advocate the raw only diet base their choices on some very dodgy web sites such as the raw food myths one which if not actually written in crayon certainly reads like it should be. I just like to add a little real science into the mix so there can be a balanced view.

I have never visited a RAW/BARF website or bought a book. Everyone that sees my dogs comments on how fit they look and how shiny their coats are. I fed raw based on my experience working with wild animals and keeping dogs for nearly all of my 30 years.

Not one person I know would argue that ready meals bought from supermarkets are anywhere near as healthy as quality home prepared from scratch meals. Dry and tinned dog food are essentially massed produced convenience foods.

Personally I like to know exactly what is in the food my dogs eat just as I like to know what is in the food my family and I eat.

My current dogs have never eaten dry food at all and they never will.

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hello sandymere :bye:   Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!   I am afraid my view is the opposite to your

Sandymere,   your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.   Cheers Pernod

I wouldint go has far has saying the sand mans posts are interesting ,40yrs plus tells me all i need to know about raw feeding flesh offal and carcass and bone atb bunnys.

If you've fed both, then you will see that a balanced raw diet is a lot better. The dog shapes up better, coat looks better, shits are better and they shit a lot less.

100% :thumbs:

if your dog shits more its not down to what you feed it, think about it, its the amount!!!

If you've fed both, then you will see that a balanced raw diet is a lot better. The dog shapes up better, coat looks better, shits are better and they shit a lot less.

if your dog shits more its not down to what you feed it, think about it, its the amount!!!

its exactly that kind of statment that tells me ,, you know nothing, put a killo of dry down , and a killo of raw meat,,,, there will be a big difence in the amount you clear up.

It's the amount of content of the food you've given it that the dog doesn't actually use (i.e. waste products). In raw food they use virtually the whole lot so there isn't much waste, in dry food there's all sorts of shite in there so they shit a lot more, and it's a lot sloppier aswell. When fed raw the stools are firm and dry.

its exactly that kind of statment that tells me ,, you know nothing, put a killo of dry down , and a killo of raw meat,,,, there will be a big difence in the amount you clear up.

well 1 kg of dry to 1 kg or raw meat is two totaly different volumes and you say you know what your on about think you need to seek some advise.schoolboy.

thats it, you are officailly barmy or slow in my books now :laugh:

It's the amount of content of the food you've given it that the dog doesn't actually use (i.e. waste products). In raw food they use virtually the whole lot so there isn't much waste, in dry food there's all sorts of shite in there so they shit a lot more, and it's a lot sloppier aswell. When fed raw the stools are firm and dry.

Agree 100% with that

well 1 kg of dry to 1 kg or raw meat is two totaly different volumes and you say you know what your on about think you need to seek some advise.schoolboy.

im a schoolboy ,,, your the one that sent me a request to be my friend :D your a dik and evry one here can see it fella ;)

im a schoolboy ,,, your the one that sent me a request to be my friend :D your a dik and evry one here can see it fella ;)

i didnt pal and think what you want. i know what im talking about.not like you pal!!!

border scot

read the post 1 before yours pal dogs lives with humans, wolfs are wild you wouldnt be able bring one home and trust it with your kids would you.

think of something valuble to say or dont at all!!

Hey - you really are some kinda f*****g retard. This guy's on the wind up. Just f**k off with your stupid pointless ramblings and go pester someone on facebook.

i didnt pal and think what you want. i know what im talking about.not like you pal!!!

Am sure you do mate but at the end of the day its not TOMO asking how to train ferrets on another thread is it?

Seriously though if 95% of the forum is telling you the same thing, surely that should tell you that they may have a point. Am sure nobody likes slapping you down but stop coming out with rubbish and expecting everyone to fall in line

Guest reload

100% Raw every time, its a biologically appropriate diet for dogs, its as simple as that. :thumbs:

That statement doesn't make a deal of sense, sugar is biologically appropriate but hardly an ideal diet lol..

this is a little out of date but gives the basics.

those keen on all things “natural” in a “Disney” type way may well suit their sensibilities but in the real world then it is hard to see any real purpose or reason to such a restrictive regime. It is supported with an almost evangelical following that seems to breach no dissent but has no real science to back it beyond the all things natural brigade.

Oh hello sandymere :bye: :bye:

Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!

I am afraid my view is the opposite to yours, and raw food is my first choice and in my opinion far superior to your belief that feeding a mixture of complete and everything else is better, But i know you know that as you have been 'trolling' my post for long enough ;)

I wont bother pointing out 'why' I don't agree with you or point out your short comings again, as it really is quite boring and has been done to death by myself and many other people :no:

But there seem to be a large volume of people who have seen a huge benefit to there dogs condition by swapping to feeding a raw diet. But obviously there is not a suitable study or paper which will ever convince the blinkered.

All my articles, as you call them, are written by myself, I'm even allowed real pencils now! This article was written a couple of years ago and has been posted a couple of times before, hence the comment about it being a little out of date, and so unlikely with you in mind. Perhaps I seem to reply to many of your posts as they are questionable or perhaps it’s a little paranoia?

I’m sure many see an improvement with dietary change much as all those that see such improvement using homeopathy. I’m my experience so far most who advocate the raw only diet base their choices on some very dodgy web sites such as the raw food myths one which if not actually written in crayon certainly reads like it should be. I just like to add a little real science into the mix so there can be a balanced view.

I can assure you my views are not based on a book or a badly written web site as you put it. As I have explained to you before several times my views have a little more substance than that.

Your condescending manner I can honestly say is almost offensive especially when you seem to suggest that people who feed a raw diet to their dogs don't live in the 'real world' and we all 'think' our dogs look better but actually they don't at all, as I suppose it's all in our tiny unscientific minds. :laugh:

Good luck, I respect your view, but I don't agree.

Edited by reload

most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

also making sure there is plenty of fresh water available always!!

i wouldnt eat it raw so why should my dogs! would you??

No, but then i'm not a fecking dog am i?

The frightening thing is that this guy isn't (at least i don't think) taking the piss, i think he is actually that mis-guided and believes he is right and we are all idiots.

Hey buddy. Did you not get your dog this jan?