Im not getting into an argument over this. I never said all science is false, that would be a bit warped of me. I said Im not interested in the science in this case, because I couldnt trust it. All too often money gets in the way of real science and as such the agendas of those holding the money. My simple point was, a raw based diet vs a complete biscuit is no argument as those that have tried both know what works best and in my experience its never the shit that comes in a bag.

Dogs do best when fed a diet that includes the right amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate to meet their individual metabolic requirement, raw meat alone does not do that likewise many completes will also fail to do so. Some raw diets will overload the dogs system with bacteria which just adds another stressor, hence my rejection of pets minces etc. Basically it is a balance so the idea that raw is the answer doesn’t add up, that’s not biased science just basic text book science. Balance and inclusion not bigotry and exclusion. If you feed what you believe to be “shit that comes in a bag†and then something that you believe in then of course you will see a difference, its called belief and placebo not reality.

Ps in truth I like baiting Barfist, alas the quality is very poor at the moment, seriously I could pull some of my own augments apart with very little effort but the present RAW only advocates seem to be having trouble pulling on their socks in the morning.

Could do better.

Sandymere,

your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.

Cheers Pernod

• Like 3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hello sandymere :bye:   Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!   I am afraid my view is the opposite to your

Sandymere,   your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.   Cheers Pernod

I wouldint go has far has saying the sand mans posts are interesting ,40yrs plus tells me all i need to know about raw feeding flesh offal and carcass and bone atb bunnys.

it can get confusing keep it simple this works for me beef raw if its too lean i add fat to it any veg apple tomato pasta for the bulk brown bread vitamin E brewers yeast iorncell blood tonic but dont feed blood tonic same time as vitmin E every 2 weeks give 2ml b12 iorncell and the b12 will keep your dogs red blood cells at the right level which helps keep energy levels to the maximum

All this ''your dog shits more with complete'', is silly i think.

I feed whole rabbits sometimes, as part of my dogs diet, have you seen the ammount they crap???? :icon_eek:

I personally feed a good brand of greyhound food and good quality raw meat, rabbits, venison ect and human grade meat, they seem to do great on it with no probs what so ever. :thumbs:

Not sure what you're saying! seen how much what craps? rabbits???

If your dog craps a lot it's probably the greyhound food?

Mine definitely 100% craps less when eating raw than dried food, and I mean a lot less.

As said, its when i give them raw lad, they crap a lot more i find, especially when its whole rabbit, raw.

I don't, feed the greyhound food with the rabbit, i feed different days.

Just my experience and i really do think that that all this hard and fast rules about raw Vs complete, is over done... :lazy:

Been feeding working running dogs for the passed 30 years and have had no problems.

Im not getting into an argument over this. I never said all science is false, that would be a bit warped of me. I said Im not interested in the science in this case, because I couldnt trust it. All too often money gets in the way of real science and as such the agendas of those holding the money. My simple point was, a raw based diet vs a complete biscuit is no argument as those that have tried both know what works best and in my experience its never the shit that comes in a bag.

Dogs do best when fed a diet that includes the right amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate to meet their individual metabolic requirement, raw meat alone does not do that likewise many completes will also fail to do so. Some raw diets will overload the dogs system with bacteria which just adds another stressor, hence my rejection of pets minces etc. Basically it is a balance so the idea that raw is the answer doesn’t add up, that’s not biased science just basic text book science. Balance and inclusion not bigotry and exclusion. If you feed what you believe to be “shit that comes in a bag†and then something that you believe in then of course you will see a difference, its called belief and placebo not reality.

Ps in truth I like baiting Barfist, alas the quality is very poor at the moment, seriously I could pull some of my own augments apart with very little effort but the present RAW only advocates seem to be having trouble pulling on their socks in the morning.

Could do better.

Sandymere,

your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.

Cheers Pernod

I wouldint go has far has saying the sand mans posts are interesting ,40yrs plus tells me all i need to know about raw feeding flesh offal and carcass and bone atb bunnys.

40 odd years of feeding dogs including racing greys, lurchers and terriers gives me a little experience, at least enough to add another Lordy. Being perceived as arrogant is a small price to pay if it gives answer to those rather arrogant RAWist, my way is the only way Barfist lol. Plus it brings them out to argue their case and hence I can then add a little science and sense into the pot. It will be bloody homeopathy next! Or should that go onto the magic magnet thread.

So if any one RAW cures all believers are a little upset by my posts……..

yes got my 2half year old saluki/beddy x bull/greyhound in january and he very well,also ive had dogs all my life, i have also bread dashounds,blue irish staffs,ive got a 5 year old white staff with blue patches,also my ant breeds show boxers so no im not new to keeping dogs yes im new to working lurchers but let me tell you im from a built up urban area and still have no problems bringing them wise rabbits down!!!!

still have no problems bringing them wise rabbits down!!!!

thats cos you were a lazy c**t and got a dog allready doing the job instead of going and starting with a pup, you cant take praise for someone elses hard work

• 2 weeks later...

hard work pal thats all it takes. he never lamped with him before i got him,he worked with hawks and after some nights out and not even 6 month later he is spot on.

so yes pal hard work!!!

Edited by drw81

All this disagreement over a dogs grub LOL petty as f**k. Feed your dog what you see fit and suits your canine buddy and pocket, may it be dry food or tender lean steak. As long as the dog is happy healthy and MOST importantly WORKS without any degree of lacking, because the lack of something in his grub. Suppliment, dont be afraid to. We have all gotten here from feeding anything and everything, theres no poor dogs because of it. Of course some will say one feed is better than the other, those who feed dry and meat are just afraid they are missing something out in the diet, nothing wrong with it. No need to ram opinions down other dog lads throats just because you are in the dogs a life time. I have a piano sat in my drawing room this past 37 years, it dont make me a pianist ;o)

Relax lol

Could do better.

Sandymere,

Cheers Pernod

40 odd years of feeding dogs including racing greys, lurchers and terriers gives me a little experience, at least enough to add another Lordy. Being perceived as arrogant is a small price to pay if it gives answer to those rather arrogant RAWist, my way is the only way Barfist lol. Plus it brings them out to argue their case and hence I can then add a little science and sense into the pot. It will be bloody homeopathy next! Or should that go onto the magic magnet thread.

From what I have read of your posts it is obvious that you are well read on nutrition and the dietary needs of dogs, certainly more informed than myself.

Unfortunately ,in imparting this knowledge , you have a tendency to come across as a smug ,patronising , know all.

If you could be a little less patronising to the rest of us proletarians, your pearls of wisdom , might be taken to heart, a little more readily. :thumbs: Lordy!

Dogs do best when fed a diet that includes the right amount of protein, fat and carbohydrate to meet their individual metabolic requirement, raw meat alone does not do that likewise many completes will also fail to do so. Some raw diets will overload the dogs system with bacteria which just adds another stressor, hence my rejection of pets minces etc. Basically it is a balance so the idea that raw is the answer doesnt add up, thats not biased science just basic text book science. Balance and inclusion not bigotry and exclusion. If you feed what you believe to be shit that comes in a bag and then something that you believe in then of course you will see a difference, its called belief and placebo not reality.

Could do better.

Sandymere,

Cheers Pernod

Edited by inan

All this disagreement over a dogs grub LOL petty as f**k. Feed your dog what you see fit and suits your canine buddy and pocket, may it be dry food or tender lean steak. As long as the dog is happy healthy and MOST importantly WORKS without any degree of lacking, because the lack of something in his grub. Suppliment, dont be afraid to. We have all gotten here from feeding anything and everything, theres no poor dogs because of it. Of course some will say one feed is better than the other, those who feed dry and meat are just afraid they are missing something out in the diet, nothing wrong with it. No need to ram opinions down other dog lads throats just because you are in the dogs a life time. I have a piano sat in my drawing room this past 37 years, it dont make me a pianist ;o)

Relax lol

Spot on. :thumbs:

Relax lol

The best post on this thread. :thumbs:

most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

also making sure there is plenty of fresh water available always!!

i wouldnt eat it raw so why should my dogs! would you??

can you tell me what a dog would eat if it was in the wild???? raw bloody meat!! so thats what mine get, why would you feed an animal different... they aint going to find any dog bowls full of bisquits when there fending for the selves now are they... i think its something called money making.. :)