• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh hello sandymere :bye:   Is this an article written by your self with more slightly derogatory undertones, trying to discredit what i post again!   I am afraid my view is the opposite to your

Sandymere,   your posts are verging on the interesting, but i'm afraid i only glance through because you come accross as an arrogant bore.   Cheers Pernod

I wouldint go has far has saying the sand mans posts are interesting ,40yrs plus tells me all i need to know about raw feeding flesh offal and carcass and bone atb bunnys.

give your opinions on what is best for your dogs diet and why?

some say both can cause various problems what do you think?

Raw is my preference. It's cheaper and healthier, you just need to ensure you provide a balanced diet which is something you won't actually get in cheap dog food despite what the label says.

Raw all the way.

My dogs get...

Eggs and Brown Bread

Lamb Ribs

Various minced meats with bone and offal

Green Tripe

Chicken wings

Bagged butchers waste (lamb fat, beef burgers, sausages)

Cooked meal of veg, brown rice and diced meat

Tinned tuna in sunflower oil

Fresh Salmon heads

Dogs look great on it and once you have got into a routine it is very easy.

Gaz

most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

also making sure there is plenty of fresh water available always!!

i wouldnt eat it raw so why should my dogs! would you??

Guest jt750

most people give their dogs meat and it should be part of its diet,but most meats are cooked not raw!!

some people rather use dryfood,it contains everything the dog needs. personally i use both, dry always

and meat,boiled rabbit and bones or scraps from the butcher also fish and the odd egg is good once a week,but never raw(bloody)meat.

My dogs are on raw (BARF) and they are absolutely thriving on it.Their coats gleam like never before their eyes are bright and their general well being is so much better. When mine were on dry i seemed to be shovelling up sh*t forever and now they produce little waste. That must tell you something. Another thing i hated about feeding dry was the natural protein the food in general is very low and its bulked up by using corn protein that dogs cannot assimilate.

You say you wouldn't eat raw so why should my dogs. Try this for a bit of fun. Feeding time put down a bowl of rabbit guts a biowl of chicken wings a bowl of cooked meat abd a bowl of dry food see what he goes for first ..you might be suprised.

A comparable description to us might be ..why eat value burgers when you can eat fillet mignon ...

Just my 10p worth

• Like 1

I feed mine both some days raw and other days a complete working dog mix. However i would say given the choice they would rather be on raw its eaten in a blink of an eye. The only down side to raw is as far as im concerned is its rather more expensive.

Guest jt750

I feed mine both some days raw and other days a complete working dog mix. However i would say given the choice they would rather be on raw its eaten in a blink of an eye. The only down side to raw is as far as im concerned is its rather more expensive.

More expensive ..Thas relative to what you pay for a bag of dogfood..I pay approximately £1 per kilo fore my meat delivered from DAF meats and it has muscle bone sinew organ and offal in it which is what they need and then around a pound a week for veg rice bread etc ..so a comparable price would be about a £16 bag of dog food. obviously you need a freezer to store it ...For me a £16 bag of dog food is in the low to intermediate price range so the 2 have no comparison in quality really.

• Like 1

More expensive ..Thas relative to what you pay for a bag of dogfood..I pay approximately £1 per kilo fore my meat delivered from DAF meats and it has muscle bone sinew organ and offal in it which is what they need and then around a pound a week for veg rice bread etc ..so a comparable price would be about a £16 bag of dog food. obviously you need a freezer to store it ...For me a £16 bag of dog food is in the low to intermediate price range so the 2 have no comparison in quality really.

Unfortunately there no delivery's in the South West from DAF meats, and the local butchers are charging a fair amount now for what i use to get for free, so i use a pet shop which as ive already said works out quite pricey,

Guest jt750

Unfortunately there no delivery's in the South West from DAF meats, and the local butchers are charging a fair amount now for what i use to get for free, so i use a pet shop which as ive already said works out quite pricey,

we can only do the best we can mate :thumbs:

Hi mate have you ever had a dog??

serious question, there is a wee bit of a difference between dogs and humans.

Is this a follow on from your other post, stating that raw turns dogs/ferrets into savage killers due to the blood lust.

Get a grip FFS. dogs are carnivores.

Yours in sport Pernod

My dogs are on raw (BARF) and they are absolutely thriving on it.Their coats gleam like never before their eyes are bright and their general well being is so much better. When mine were on dry i seemed to be shovelling up sh*t forever and now they produce little waste. That must tell you something. Another thing i hated about feeding dry was the natural protein the food in general is very low and its bulked up by using corn protein that dogs cannot assimilate.

You say you wouldn't eat raw so why should my dogs. Try this for a bit of fun. Feeding time put down a bowl of rabbit guts a biowl of chicken wings a bowl of cooked meat abd a bowl of dry food see what he goes for first ..you might be suprised.

A comparable description to us might be ..why eat value burgers when you can eat fillet mignon ...

Just my 10p worth

:notworthy:

i agree, i change my dogs diet over same time as jt750 an the results speak for themselves.......

my advice to anybody even half serious about geeing there dogs the best is to try it raw(barf) :thumbs:

I happily eat steak nearly raw. If I had a stomach like a dogs I wouldn't have to worry about food poisoning or digesting bones and meat I would have no issue eating meat raw that is when it has the most flavour.

You can feed your dogs cheaply from tesco. Whole chickens are £2.70 Cut off the legs and breast and you have a dinner for a family of 4 and give the rest to the dog. £1.70 for a tray of chicken wings. A couple more weeks and you can go mackie bashing and get carrier bags of dog food in a day easily.