why do keepers hate lurchers so much

You make me laugh, I not makin keepers out to be pricks it the people like u thy give lurched men a bad name and this is why the lad can't get permission, cuz of u . And a keeper wuld shoot a dog if it was troubling livestock while it was poaching get ur facts [bANNED TEXT]

Ps I have nevershot a dog and never will

I was simply answering the topic but u felt thy it was directed at u cuz ur gods gift and no it all u don't keep out of it and stick to the topic instead of looking for arguments

Who mentioned the lurcher troubling livestock? So when you mentioned shooting a lurcher it had f**k all to do with livestock fella. And even if we let that one go as a typo or missunderstanding, you still have two other points made by ideation that dont sit well with the rest of us.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couldnt agree anymore than that.. there are good AND bad in all forms of sport. I live in the valleys of lambourn, lambourn and the fenns are THE place to test any long dog to a WINTER Hare. The day

We do estates, most keepers don't mind them, and many have them, it's not the dog they have a problem with, it's usually the guy attached to it. Mind you, saying that, there are just some nasty b****

Was keeping out of this but can no longer!   WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE f**k UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   its obvious you know not alot and have got all your info from a book or hear say. if every

Totally agree ideation your right I'm wrong I'm a child and don't know what I'm talking about and wanted to

Look hard I.also agree to all other posts u write.

Oh also I'm a retard as u said and also my opinion is the wrong one I will change my view on all aspects you have commented on youve taught me a very valuable lesson so I thank you

P.s I own a lurcher

Totally agree ideation your right I'm wrong I'm a child and don't know what I'm talking about and wanted to

Look hard I.also agree to all other posts u write.

Oh also I'm a retard as u said and also my opinion is the wrong one I will change my view on all aspects you have commented on youve taught me a very valuable lesson so I thank you

P.s I own a lurcher

f**k me son, your beyond help.

And have some growing up to do.

What was the old saying. . . . better to keep quiet and let them think your stupid, than open your mouth and confirm it.

• Like 1

I am also not a keeper so my opinion has no real or particular value

It's not that your opinion is any less valid than anyone else's it's just you have shown a complete lack of understanding as to how your posts will be taken assuming that you didn't mean for them to be inflammatory.

I think you should reread Ideations posts carefully his posts are fair and reasoned and you have responded in a manor which shows very little respect I do hope you don't usually conduct yourself in this manor as your future employment will rely on showing the utmost respect to your peers.

I'm sorry if my comment has offended anyway, I did not to mean to upset anyone, I was not speaking from my own personal view but those that I have heard frm or read about frm the old keeping days. The reason keepers see the dogs as poaching dogs is as game keeping is normally family tradition and bck in the day whn poachers were after deer and hares the dogs would of been shot.Fact , and the storys are passed down. I personally would never shot someones dog and I go coursing with friends, I was only trying to put over to the lad why keepers hate Lurchers so much and I did this. It's kind of sad that the reason that young lads like who posted topics like this are because like the people on this forum has proved are that they aren't very nice people and try to be little people and give death threats. To some it up mate you can't get permission because of people like this who represent your sport

:wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4: :wankerzo4:

A dog can get shot if it's troubling livestock, so ifur running it in a sheep field it can get shot lmao hahaha

you wouldnt have the balls to shoot a dog, nor would you have the balls to confront anyone who was poaching. If you were a keeper, you would have everyone poaching your land coz word would soon get about that your a pussy. Keepers are hunters, its in their blood. thats why many of them have lurchers and terriers. And you don't get that from college.

• Like 1

Every keeper needs a terrier

Was keeping out of this but can no longer!

WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE f**k UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its obvious you know not alot and have got all your info from a book or hear say.

if every keeper had a bloody terrier, why does my f*****g phone stop for call outs, most keepers have better things to do than waste a day digging a bloody hole to a terrier!

Im sure your under the illusion, a keeper carries a gun all day shooting vermin etc,,, affraid your in for a shock when/if you get into this profession young man...

Too many young lads already on here that think they know everything when in reality, every f*****g day is a learning curve.

A little advice, no-one is born with the knowledge, its gained by being quiet and listening so for your own benefit, do it but ask questions!

"Quiet now young man and take note!"...

• Like 4

its obvious you know not alot and have got all your info from a book or hear say.

if every keeper had a bloody terrier, why does my f*****g phone stop for call outs, most keepers have better things to do than waste a day digging a bloody hole to a terrier!

Im sure your under the illusion, a keeper carries a gun all day shooting vermin etc,,, affraid your in for a shock when/if you get into this profession young man...

Too many young lads already on here that think they know everything when in reality, every f*****g day is a learning curve.

A little advice, no-one is born with the knowledge, its gained by being quiet and listening so for your own benefit, do it but ask questions!

Good post mate.........when i read the words "every keeper needs a terrier" i thought f*****g hell he's put his foot in it again. Never had 1, never will.............i leave that to people who know the game......like Topnotch..... :whistling:

I get alot of college students on the game farm and ive never heard 1 leave saying "Thanks that was great, definately want too work on a game farm now"........ :no: Thats because they are here to graft, clean up shit, wash equipment, fix nets and general DIY around the farm repairing pens and sheds. This fantasy that a keeper sits on a sunny hill all day stalking is far from the truth......maybe that should be the first lesson at these college courses...... :hmm:

Good post mate.........when i read the words "every keeper needs a terrier" i thought f*****g hell he's put his foot in it again. Never had 1, never will.............i leave that to people who know the game......like Topnotch..... :whistling:

I get alot of college students on the game farm and ive never heard 1 leave saying "Thanks that was great, definately want too work on a game farm now"........ :no: Thats because they are here to graft, clean up shit, wash equipment, fix nets and general DIY around the farm repairing pens and sheds. This fantasy that a keeper sits on a sunny hill all day stalking is far from the truth......maybe that should be the first lesson at these college courses...... :hmm:

Too right mate perhaps the first lessons should be a week biting or maybe egg collecting then just to finish 3 months pressure washing agree about the terriers as well I don't have one but I have lads as know the their game to call on :thumbs:

• Like 1

Too right mate perhaps the first lessons should be a week biting or maybe egg collecting then just to finish 3 months pressure washing agree about the terriers as well I don't have one but I have lads as know the their game to call on :thumbs:

Thought you were about to say you were lying back on the hill stalking there......... :laugh:

Now biting yes that would sort them.......the worst job in the world of pheasants by far. Egg collecting too, you would think that would appeal to some folk and it does for about a week but after 7 or 8 weeks its just a slog..... :thumbdown:

Granted alot of these young lads are not looking for a job on a rearing field but they have to learn this stuff just incase they do land a job on an estate that rear there own birds. Had a few now doing a bit in the field and 1 maybe 2 i would give a job too.......the rest i'm sure i'll meet again someday when they ask me "You want fries with that?"...... :thumbs:

Thought you were about to say you were lying back on the hill stalking there......... :laugh:

Now biting yes that would sort them.......the worst job in the world of pheasants by far. Egg collecting too, you would think that would appeal to some folk and it does for about a week but after 7 or 8 weeks its just a slog..... :thumbdown:

Granted alot of these young lads are not looking for a job on a rearing field but they have to learn this stuff just incase they do land a job on an estate that rear there own birds. Had a few now doing a bit in the field and 1 maybe 2 i would give a job too.......the rest i'm sure i'll meet again someday when they ask me "You want fries with that?"...... :thumbs:

Wish I was out mate just finished 2 weeks leave getting ready to go back to work this week and my misses announces here waters have broke and babys here 7 weeks early so she is in hospital at moment waiting a c section and I am stuck with 3 kids and trying to get cover crops sorted this week :blink:

I wish to be honest they went back to apprenticeships or how I was trained IE start as a lad work up to beatkeepers under keeper then on to beatkeeper and up to head/single handed keeper I wasn't allowed to speak to the boss until I made beatkeeper or carry a gun to work, was expected to wear a shirt and tie to work everyday and be clean shaven first and last jobs of the day where 3 kennel blocks to clean and feed all the dogs college can teach many things but not work ethic and respect.