why do keepers hate lurchers so much

I'm sorry if my comment has offended anyway, I did not to mean to upset anyone, I was not speaking from my own personal view but those that I have heard frm or read about frm the old keeping days. The reason keepers see the dogs as poaching dogs is as game keeping is normally family tradition and bck in the day whn poachers were after deer and hares the dogs would of been shot.Fact , and the storys are passed down. I personally would never shot someones dog and I go coursing with friends, I was only trying to put over to the lad why keepers hate Lurchers so much and I did this. It's kind of sad that the reason that young lads like who posted topics like this are because like the people on this forum has proved are that they aren't very nice people and try to be little people and give death threats. To some it up mate you can't get permission because of people like this who represent your sport

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

couldnt agree anymore than that.. there are good AND bad in all forms of sport. I live in the valleys of lambourn, lambourn and the fenns are THE place to test any long dog to a WINTER Hare. The day

We do estates, most keepers don't mind them, and many have them, it's not the dog they have a problem with, it's usually the guy attached to it. Mind you, saying that, there are just some nasty b****

Was keeping out of this but can no longer!   WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE f**k UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   its obvious you know not alot and have got all your info from a book or hear say. if every

I'm sorry if my comment has offended anyway, I did not to mean to upset anyone, I was not speaking from my own personal view but those that I have heard frm or read about frm the old keeping days. The reason keepers see the dogs as poaching dogs is as game keeping is normally family tradition and bck in the day whn poachers were after deer and hares the dogs would of been shot.Fact , and the storys are passed down. I personally would never shot someones dog and I go coursing with friends, I was only trying to put over to the lad why keepers hate Lurchers so much and I did this. It's kind of sad that the reason that young lads like who posted topics like this are because like the people on this forum has proved are that they aren't very nice people and try to be little people and give death threats. To some it up mate you can't get permission because of people like this who represent your sport

There are still some genuine lurcher owners about,i hope you get to meet a few throughout your career,in all honesty the majority you meet you will not want on any land you are employed on,some of them will also be keepers,but thats another story.

Gunter, I accept you droped a ball and for that you appologise.

However you said "if a keeper gets a chance to shoot a lurcher we will"

"we" meaning you and others, so when you now say it wasn't your views, just something you read, thats just back pedaling.

I think you would not shoot a dog and as others have said were just spouting off.

Good luck with finding work, dont offer to shoot dogs for them though or you will find yourself in deep shite, fingers crossed your f.l.o isnt reading this thread :thumbs:

.atb. .ste. ( A genuine lurcher owner :laugh: )

• Like 1

Thats some back peddle that mate. :victory:

But you still cant help coming across as a prick -

All these really rude and agressive lurcher men, who threatened death threats ( :blink: umm no), to the poor wee lad who was just in general talking about the keepers of old, are the reason that lurcher folk get a bad name.

Lets just remember you said -

- "Lurchers are seen in the keepers eyes as poaching dogs (tbh thats what they are),"

- "If a keeper has half a chance to shoot a lurcher we will. sorry but i speak the truth"

- "You may get the odd keeper with a lurcher, but he is no true keeper"

Not your personal views aye? Bollocks!

Only thing true about that is that you got most of your personal views from reading old books, rather than any practical experiance.

So i think you pretty much deserved the comments you got back. You tried to come across like a tough guy keeper, hard line, chasing off poachers and shooting dogs. . . . . and it back fired.

Now to answer your bullshit -

- Aye they are associated with poaching, but so is the shotgun and snare, something the keepers use a lot, and most have the brains to tell the difference between an idiot with a lurcher and a non idiot lurcher man

- If a keeper shoots a dog at night that is running rabbits etc, wild game, then he would lose his shotgun / FAC and thus his job, he would also be prosecuted by law, and probably lose every single living thing that he valued on the estate. Most know that, especially the last bit, and the smart ones work out a bit of live and let live. Also most keepers are NOT c**ts, despite how you are trying to make them appear.

- Lots of keepers have and have had running dogs, what the f**k is a 'true' keeper anyway :blink: One thats a miserable b*****d?

If folk like you are the future of keepering, then it's f****d. :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Thats some back peddle that mate. :victory:

But you still cant help coming across as a prick -

All these really rude and agressive lurcher men, who threatened death threats ( :blink: umm no), to the poor wee lad who was just in general talking about the keepers of old, are the reason that lurcher folk get a bad name.

Lets just remember you said -

- "Lurchers are seen in the keepers eyes as poaching dogs (tbh thats what they are),"

- "If a keeper has half a chance to shoot a lurcher we will. sorry but i speak the truth"

- "You may get the odd keeper with a lurcher, but he is no true keeper"

Not your personal views aye? Bollocks!

Only thing true about that is that you got most of your personal views from reading old books, rather than any practical experiance.

So i think you pretty much deserved the comments you got back. You tried to come across like a tough guy keeper, hard line, chasing off poachers and shooting dogs. . . . . and it back fired.

Now to answer your bullshit -

- Aye they are associated with poaching, but so is the shotgun and snare, something the keepers use a lot, and most have the brains to tell the difference between an idiot with a lurcher and a non idiot lurcher man

- If a keeper shoots a dog at night that is running rabbits etc, wild game, then he would lose his shotgun / FAC and thus his job, he would also be prosecuted by law, and probably lose every single living thing that he valued on the estate. Most know that, especially the last bit, and the smart ones work out a bit of live and let live. Also most keepers are NOT c**ts, despite how you are trying to make them appear.

- Lots of keepers have and have had running dogs, what the f**k is a 'true' keeper anyway :blink: One thats a miserable b*****d?

If folk like you are the future of keepering, then it's f****d. :thumbdown:

Good post mate :thumbs: just would add one thing if anyone thinks their boss/employer would back their actions having shot a dog then your in for a shock maybe back in the day when the lordy owned the estate and sat as local JP but not now it would be p45 time they just don't want the comeback.

A dog can get shot if it's troubling livestock, so ifur running it in a sheep field it can get shot lmao hahaha

grow the f**k up child if and its a big if you ever become a keeper (attending college don't make you a keeper)you are definitely in for a shock the grief you get for shooting dogs aint worth it but then you've a been to college and got a certificate so know it all :thumbdown:

You make me laugh, I not makin keepers out to be pricks it the people like u thy give lurched men a bad name and this is why the lad can't get permission, cuz of u . And a keeper wuld shoot a dog if it was troubling livestock while it was poaching get ur facts [bANNED TEXT]

Ps I have nevershot a dog and never will

I was simply answering the topic but u felt thy it was directed at u cuz ur gods gift and no it all u don't keep out of it and stick to the topic instead of looking for arguments

Simples - lurchers are seen in the keepers eyes as poaching dogs (tbh thats what they are), and a keeper can clear out an area of rabbits more easily with a 22. rimfire, than letting some stranger get the odd couple with a dog. if a keeper has half a chance to shoot a lurcher we will. sorry but i speak the truth. you may get the odd keeper with a lurcher, but he is no true keeper.

:wankerzo4:

A dog can get shot if it's troubling livestock, so ifur running it in a sheep field it can get shot lmao hahaha

Well . . . . .it can. I mean you can pull the trigger. But it's still very dodgy ground, unless you have witnesses. Otherwise its your word vs the owners word. Also there would need to be proof that you tried other methods, and that it was ACTUALLY worrying sheep rather than just running through them. . . . .

If you shoot a dog thats in a field of sheep, with no dead sheep on the deck and no blood on the dog, your pretty likely to lose your license and job as per my previous post.

But i fail to see why the feck your talking about sheep, as i thought we were talking game keepers vs poachers dogs, rather than farmers vs stock worrying dogs. It's a case of you desperately trying to move the goal posts, in order to put yourself in the right, a position it would appear is somewhat alien to you.

Now with keepers, pheasants may be regarded as live stock, but again that's a bit dodgy ground. As for game, well it's wild matey, not stock. So you'd have NO leg to stand on, legally and most likely physically as well.

I have concluded that you are either a child or a retard. No one here is giving lurcher men a bad name. How so? The only person looking like a twat is you, and in fact you come across as such a twat, you do not even give keepers a bad name, as you are so obviously completely lacking in knowledge or common sense.

You also do realize dick face, that Danw, is a keeper, on a VERY nice estate, and owns a lurcher :o

And you would not believe how many folk on here run lurchers on some VERY tidy estates with full permission :yes:

If you cannot see how you come across like such an idiot and have gotten peoples backs up, then god help you in the future, as in my opinion, a large part of being a keeper, is keeping every one happy, whilst getting the job done.

:thumbs:

• Like 1